Impeach Trump

How many of his businesses have gone bankrupt? How many times has he stiffed suppliers and contractors? How many times have banks refused to lend him money?
Actually he has created, with his tax plan, a scenario with massive additional deficits, something to which he's accustomed. And this time he doesn't even have to go to bankruptcy court!

I am very happy the Obama momentum continued for Trump's first year. Very good for my portfolio. Future doesn't look great with this unstable ninny in charge, although his policies should continue to benefit the top 3% or so...
Obama gave us the new norm of 1.5% annual growth...... the best ever! :cool:

You forget. Obama had to spend us out of a deep recession. The option was not to double the deficits and let the banks crash; I think that would have been a depression. Nice work, W!
Obama spent his way out.
Reagan, Kennedy, and Trump Tax cut their way out.
The results speak for themselves.

Obama spent his way out.
Reagan, Kennedy, and Trump Tax cut their way out.
The results speak for themselves.

I'm guessing you weren't earning much in the early 80's. The Reagan tax cuts chopped the heck out of the top rates, but not so much the lower and middle ones. Since they also eliminated a lot of deductions, I ended up paying about the same. Meanwhile, tax revenues went way down ("Deficits don't matter") and the debt increased for several years after he left office.

Budget_Deficit_1971_to_2001.png

The option was not to double the deficits and let the banks crash.
Right. Just double the debt and let only certain banks crash. Like Lehman. What's wrong with letting banks crash? I'd love to be at that fire sale. Change the faces of the 1% even. You people like preserving incompetent institutions like the banks and intelligence agencies. Clean house and stop increasing the supply of cash faster than the supply of goods and services in the economy.

And when it comes to regulations in general, the score speaks for itself. During the same point of time of their respective presidencies, Obama’s regulatory tally was at 1,737 while Trump’s is 1,241. And while Reagan’s own regulatory cuts were admirable, they still don’t compare with Trump’s if you judge them by the same timeframe.

Earlier this October, Trump announced his plans to further cut taxes along with red tape that negatively impacts both businesses and consumers. According to CEI, the current level of federal regulatory burdens have amounted to nearly $2 trillion. And while business owners may pay the initial costs, it will inevitably trickle down to the consumer. When overhead costs are raised on entrepreneurs, that cost must must be made up for somewhere. And as CEI also estimates, these hidden costs can account for about $15,000 per household in any given year.

https://fee.org/articles/trump-is-quietly-deregulating-all-the-things/

Back