Girls Development Academy

Realty is we are bantering about a segment of very-very-small-small circles.....circles that 85% ~ of parents with college applicants would LOVE to be in. Unfortuntely....in the heat of debate, ugly can come out making us come off as elitist (I'm included)....irony on this is that many on this board (including myself) grew up FAR (VERY FAR) from elite.

ND, Ucla (u name the top 25 u want) are AMAZING schools (playing ball or not). Say it out loud...."my kid is going to" ND...STANFORD....UCLA. Etc.

Let's put down the guns.....celebrate the accomplishment:cool:
Very well said!

Are we sure MAP is not the same person as Sweetsplat?

I agree. This makes the most sense. MAP is Sweetsplat. Sweetsplat is MAP. MAP is also all the other alias' that he/she claims as Sweetsplat's. MAP/Sweetsplat, in all probability, has multiple personality disorder. We know MAP/Sweetsplat is not taking his/her medication based on what he/she writes and comments about.

I agree. This makes the most sense. MAP is Sweetsplat. Sweetsplat is MAP. MAP is also all the other alias' that he/she claims as Sweetsplat's. MAP/Sweetsplat, in all probability, has multiple personality disorder. We know MAP/Sweetsplat is not taking his/her medication based on what he/she writes and comments about.

I am definitely not Sweetsplat/MessiFTW/Clarino or any of his other multiple personalities. You are free to believe whatever you like. Zoro needed a smack down. He is fighting above his weight class and thought that his daughter had accomplished more than my player and he is dead wrong. I don't have to reveal where my player attends or any of that in order to confirm anything. Anybody who has a kid in a similar situation can infer the truth of my words. Anybody that had half a brain and followed college soccer would realize that with all of the talent in SoCal what I say isn't a stretch as there are plenty of players from our region that are having an impact in D1 soccer at top programs.

I don't have to put a 10 on a 20. My avatar isn't a picture of my player in a club uniform. My avatar isn't of my player's school. She makes her statements on the field and doesn't need me to speak for her.

Oh by the way. You are a tool!!

Just the opportunity to watch my daughter at "any" college playing soccer would be a dream come true. I can only hope that she still has a passion for soccer and that her passion drives her skills to a level that allows college soccer. If she does make it, it won't be due to anything that I've done, but her hard work and talent.

Agreed!!! And will also add that I hope and pray my daughter and others that do want to play in college and beyond, stay healthy. Too many girls getting hurt lately. Hoping all your DD's stay healthy and strong this coming season. If you don't have a performance and injury prevention plan, get one started. Our girls only have one body. Take care of it!!

Am I crazy or has Romagnolo been there only 2 years? How can you make that statement when she hasn't even had a chance to fully stock her own team yet?

Starting and playing for the Fighting Irish is a big deal in 99% of circles. Only on a message board would it be diminished.

Who is this coach you are taking credit for or is this more trolling and homerism based on nonsense?
Why would TR have to restock? She inherited a ND Randy Waldrum team stocked of YNT players and verbal committments prior to her arrival. Question is can she keep the stock coming and based on her player committments so far, NOT so much.

Last edited:
Why would TR have to restock? She inherited a ND Randy Waldrum team stocked of YNT players and verbal committments prior to her arrival. Question is can she keep the stock coming and based on her player committments so far, NOT so much.

Here's the most recent analysis I could find to take the homerism and boob message board opinions out of it. Mind you, if getting the most top recruits always = championships, Stanford and North Carolina should have a lot more than they do.

Top 10 2018 Recruiting class as of 2/22/16. (241 players verbally committed)

1. 9.02 Stanford
2. 8.97 Virginia
3. 8.93 UNC
4. 8.25 Penn State
5. 8.00 Florida State
6. 7.77 Notre Dame
7. 7.67 Washington
8. 7.10 Duke
9. 7.00 Boston College
10. 6.33 Michigan

By your logic, she should just take Randy's players regardless of the system she wants to run and "make it work." I have no idea if TR is a brilliant coach. Neither do you. But she should be given the chance to recruit her type of players and put her team together before people judge.

if there's a coach to be criticized right now, it's Anson Dorrance at UNC. What's his excuse?

Here's the most recent analysis I could find to take the homerism and boob message board opinions out of it. Mind you, if getting the most top recruits always = championships, Stanford and North Carolina should have a lot more than they do.

Top 10 2018 Recruiting class as of 2/22/16. (241 players verbally committed)

1. 9.02 Stanford
2. 8.97 Virginia
3. 8.93 UNC
4. 8.25 Penn State
5. 8.00 Florida State
6. 7.77 Notre Dame
7. 7.67 Washington
8. 7.10 Duke
9. 7.00 Boston College
10. 6.33 Michigan

By your logic, she should just take Randy's players regardless of the system she wants to run and "make it work." I have no idea if TR is a brilliant coach. Neither do you. But she should be given the chance to recruit her type of players and put her team together before people judge.

if there's a coach to be criticized right now, it's Anson Dorrance at UNC. What's his excuse?

Your post is garbage as soon as I read "UNC should be winning more championships". They have won 22 NCAA Championships in Womens Soccer!

Waldrum's Notre Dame teams were always ranked in the top 10 and he won 3 NCAA Championships with his recruits. If TR inherited YNT players and my DD having played with and againsr YNT players....the YNT players can play any system that is presented to them.

Last edited:
Your post is garbage as soon as I read "UNC should be winning more championships". They have won 22 NCAA Championships in Womens Soccer!

Waldrum's Notre Dame teams were always ranked in the top 10 and he won 3 NCAA Championships with his recruits. If TR inherited YNT players and my DD having played with and againsr YNT players....the YNT players can play any system that is presented to them.

Ok mark it down. UNC will win at least one national championship in the next 3 years because they are LOADED. And have been for some time.

Yeah, YNT players can play in any system. They're like magical unicorns. Ok.

I'm not TR's agent. You win. She's a crappy recruiter and lousy coach and should win with other people's players. Way to brag about your daughter being on the YNT. I'm pretty sure I've seen her play... Multiple times. As to how that is, I'll let you guess.

Ok mark it down. UNC will win at least one national championship in the next 3 years because they are LOADED. And have been for some time.

Obviously, you are parent with a DD under U15. Dorrance will be challenged to win more Championships than the past 2 decades, because women soccer talent is much deeper. If you look at who has won NCAA Championships, you will notice the pattern is towards YNT players in the US or internationally starting with last year's Penn St roster filled with YNT players.

http://www.ncaa.com/history/soccer-women/d1

And note Portland use to be able to recruit YNT players back in the early 2000's under Clive Charles.

Obviously, you are parent with a DD under U15. Dorrance will be challenged to win more Championships than the past 2 decades, because women soccer talent is much deeper. If you look at who has won NCAA Championships, you will notice the pattern is towards YNT players in the US or internationally.

He has more than a boatload of YNT players (his 2017 class is insane) and will have more than a half dozen YNT players riding the bench. Is he still rotating fresh players in with that fast break high pressure attack? No one's expecting that or figured it out yet

I'm not TR's agent. You win. She's a crappy recruiter and lousy coach and should win with other people's players. Way to brag about your daughter being on the YNT. I'm pretty sure I've seen her play... Multiple times. As to how that is, I'll let you guess.
He has more than a boatload of YNT players (his 2017 class is insane) and will have more than a half dozen YNT players riding the bench. Is he still rotating fresh players in with that fast break high pressure attack? No one's expecting that or figured it out yet
Doesn't matter, Anson is already 65 and I heard the last class he will graduate out at UNC will be his verbal commits of 2017. They graduate college in 2021.

My DD is not a YNT player, but she has had teammates on her club team and ODP teams who have advanced onto the U20/U17 YNT as starters and they are talented as hell.

Last edited:
Back