Girls Development Academy

Doesn't matter Anson will be retiring by 2020.

Don't get me wrong, I take nothing away from Anson. Legendary coach. But I see so many YNT players commit to UNC when they literally will be riding the bench. If you get a championship it's worth it, I guess. But you'd think stocked as he is, he would be more dominant in recent years. Mind you, yes, I have a recency bias in that I only started watching UNC the past couple of years.

But maybe I'm throwing dirt on him too soon. Maybe he will pull one more out. He should based on talent. No excuses really.

Here's the most recent analysis I could find to take the homerism and boob message board opinions out of it. Mind you, if getting the most top recruits always = championships, Stanford and North Carolina should have a lot more than they do.

Top 10 2018 Recruiting class as of 2/22/16. (241 players verbally committed)

1. 9.02 Stanford
2. 8.97 Virginia
3. 8.93 UNC
4. 8.25 Penn State
5. 8.00 Florida State
6. 7.77 Notre Dame
7. 7.67 Washington
8. 7.10 Duke
9. 7.00 Boston College
10. 6.33 Michigan

By your logic, she should just take Randy's players regardless of the system she wants to run and "make it work." I have no idea if TR is a brilliant coach. Neither do you. But she should be given the chance to recruit her type of players and put her team together before people judge.

if there's a coach to be criticized right now, it's Anson Dorrance at UNC. What's his excuse?

At least give credit to the guy that came up with those "unofficial" recruiting class rankings. You got those from a forum.

Don't get me wrong, I take nothing away from Anson. Legendary coach. But I see so many YNT players commit to UNC when they literally will be riding the bench. If you get a championship it's worth it, I guess. But you'd think stocked as he is, he would be more dominant in recent years. Mind you, yes, I have a recency bias in that I only started watching UNC the past couple of years.

But maybe I'm throwing dirt on him too soon. Maybe he will pull one more out. He should based on talent. No excuses really.

Not many of the UNC YNT players ride the bench. His high pressure and always attacking style of play combined with college sub rules, affords him to use his entire squad during a game. If you haven't seen it yet, it looks like an actual hockey line change when he subs his players in.

Yes -- google is your friend.

Does he give anywhere his method of coming up with numbers accurate to three places?
He did and his player points ranking goes something like this:
10 YNT starting players
9 YNT sub and YNT international
8 YNT camp
7 ODP regional team
6 ODP state team
5 ODP pool
So forth and so on....he posted for the most part, he gets is info from the Google committment spreadsheet. The problem is the Google spreadsheet isn't always accurate. For example, my DD played on 2 ODP interregional teams (Thanksgiving Tournaments) and both are not listed. There are 3 other players who also played on her ODP regional team that are not showing on the spreadsheet too.

Last edited:
He did and his player points ranking goes something like this:
10 YNT starting players
9 YNT sub and YNT international
8 YNT camp
7 ODP regional team
6 ODP state team
5 ODP pool
So forth and so on....he posted he gets is info from the Google committment spreadsheet for the most part. The Google spreadsheet isn't always accurate, my DD played on 2 ODP interregional teams (Thanksgiving Tournaments) and both are not listed. She also has 3 other committed teammates that were on the same team and also not listed.

So the number are just arbitrary, although they appear to be more or less in the right order.

What is his divisor? 11? Total number of recruits? Total number on roster?

So the number are just arbitrary, although they appear to be more or less in the right order.

What is his divisor? 11? Total number of recruits? Total number on roster?

My guess is # of committed players for the recruiting class.

So...... We decided to go with AYSO region 66. Gonna let our little athlete try many sports and see what happens. After the Olympics and gymnastics my wallet is hoping she doesn't go that route. She seemed to like watching it.

Please add Link/Source for your posts stating that Clubs are pulling out of GDA , other wise just say you heard or saw it on another forum.Please don't propigate the BS from other forums here.

I have no idea when this happened, but Mustang FC's website says (bold is by me):

The current League structure in Nor Cal is as follows:

ECNL (Elite Clubs National League / Girls Only)
EGSL (Elite Girls Soccer League / Girls Only)
USSDA Academy (US Soccer Academy League / Boys Only / Mustang no longer is a participant)
NPL 1 (National Premier League)
NPL 2 (National Premier League)
Gold
Silver Elite
Silver 1
Silver 2
Bronze
Copper

http://www.mustangsoccer.com/competitive/index_E.html?1474914823

Back