Donald J Trump Enemy of the People

What you sometimes see these days in expensive neighborhoods where there is a height limit to new construction in order to protect sight lines of existing homes is that they will start by digging a hole to get more room in the house without breaking the limit as measured from the pre-existing ground surface.
My home was built in the sixties...there were no home above mine to block the few to the pacific.
My tri level home was designed as a "Gold Medallion Home".
The west wall of 'ground floor' family room laundry room and garage is approximately 4.5 feet below the surface of the back yard.
The south wall of the ground level is not below ground.
The entry and bedroom wing is approximately 4 feet above the back yard.
Finally the living room dining room and kitchen are approximately 3.5 feet above this level...
I don't have a basement...I do have a great view of the Conejo Grade, the Santa Monica Mountains and Pacific Ocean.

How's the boogie boarding these days, sponge boy?

Are you a boogie boarder .. one of those guys with the Gilligan hat, zinc oxide and speedos kicking around in the impact zone?

I use 30-50 strength Banana Boat sunscreen if I am going to be out in the sun for more than a few minutes - we blondies have to be careful - and the doctor found no lesions to worry aobut at my last physical. I have never worn a Speedo, but sometimes I have gone without anything at Black's Beach. I have used a boogie board when I was taking the kids to the beach on days when the waves were too small to get any traction otherwise. I prefer floating in water where I can only touch the bottom in the wave trough and then feel the water flowing out to fill the cresting wave, when the waves are big enough to be worth the effort but not so big that they might kill me. I have had a couple of memorable moments - once I got squirted completely out of the water when I came down the front of one breaker at Black's only to meet another breaking at almost a right angle, another when I was floating waiting for the ninth wave off Torrey Pines Beach when I saw a lot of people on the beach waving, shouting and pointing out south of me - soon I was enveloped by a pod of pilot whales, about half of them inshore of me.

What is "sponge boy"?

Very expensive, and done almost exclusively in neighborhoods you cant afford.
How's the boogie boarding these days, sponge boy?

"Expensive" is a word I probably should have included to help the clueless follow along, but I thought the context made that obvious. I worked with a higher-paid-than-me guy who was sued by a neighbor in Del Mar because the railing of his new second-story balcony interfered with the neighbor's view of the ocean about a half mile away.

I use 30-50 strength Banana Boat sunscreen if I am going to be out in the sun for more than a few minutes - we blondies have to be careful - and the doctor found no lesions to worry aobut at my last physical. I have never worn a Speedo, but sometimes I have gone without anything at Black's Beach. I have used a boogie board when I was taking the kids to the beach on days when the waves were too small to get any traction otherwise. I prefer floating in water where I can only touch the bottom in the wave trough and then feel the water flowing out to fill the cresting wave, when the waves are big enough to be worth the effort but not so big that they might kill me. I have had a couple of memorable moments - once I got squirted completely out of the water when I came down the front of one breaker at Black's only to meet another breaking at almost a right angle, another when I was floating waiting for the ninth wave off Torrey Pines Beach when I saw a lot of people on the beach waving, shouting and pointing out south of me - soon I was enveloped by a pod of pilot whales, about half of them inshore of me.

What is "sponge boy"?

Just by coincidence, inside the cap of the bottle of Kona beer that I just opened the Hawaiian vocabulary word is He'e Nalu - Surfing.

Fascism is coming to America. Not simply out of an underground movement of far-right fantasists but from the US presidency. That’s the only rational conclusion we can draw from last night’s Trump rally in North Carolina. And I don't care how much this affronts your preconception of what fascism is.

During a three-minute tirade against the Democratic congresswoman Ilhan Omar, in which Trump delivered a series of smears, the crowd was triggered to chant “Send her back!” — a chant taken up by the hand-picked white women standing behind Trump for the camera shot. Omar was born in Mogadishu but has been an American citizen since 2000. She is among the 40 million US citizens, 14 per cent of the population, who are first generation immigrants.

After Trump unleashed a series of overtly racist tweets against four left-wing Democratic congresswomen, this is always where it was going to end. The narrative that the left is alien to American culture, that politicians like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez should “go back” to the places from which their families migrated, was a clear and premeditated attempt to mobilise votes using deep white supremacism.

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/...mps-attacks-ilhan-omar-show-fascism-coming-us
one size fits all medicare is facism, tootse.

I had to look it up -- "facism" is the social
philosophy that no one should be allowed
to have a prettier face than anyone else.

fascism.jpg

Back