DA and ECNL

Utter garbage. The So Cal Chavez G2000s play very good soccer. In the 2018 National Cup final they played, Legends just slammed it forward the entire game and used long throws, very little possession. Maybe you're mixing them up with what Baker does.

I don't have horse in this race, but time and time again I see various teams talked about and it's almost all negative. Trolling they call it. Rather than argue, I'll simply post an unedited link to the game I saw them recently play where they lost in OT. Everyone can watch for themselves and see if This So Cal G2000s use the same tactics, it's very obvious they do not...

Couldn't have said it better.. Absolutely love watching this team play the right way of soccer. Everyone should check out the video you posted and judge for themselves

Hey @SocalPapa , did you do a breakdown of the DA vs. non-DA teams from the past couple weeks at Surf Cup and Silverlakes? I glanced at a few random results, it seems that (as many have stated) there's some good teams at the top of each league, and some bad ones in each. DA is no exception, losing some games badly to non-DA league teams, and beating some soundly in other instances. Not sure what the final tally of ECNL vs. DA teams looked like.

Hey @SocalPapa , did you do a breakdown of the DA vs. non-DA teams from the past couple weeks at Surf Cup and Silverlakes? I glanced at a few random results, it seems that (as many have stated) there's some good teams at the top of each league, and some bad ones in each. DA is no exception, losing some games badly to non-DA league teams, and beating some soundly in other instances. Not sure what the final tally of ECNL vs. DA teams looked like.
I'm here bored at work so I thought I'd do head-to-head results from Silverlakes ECNL vs DA games for each age group. Listed is the group winner, total of H2H games, DA wins, ECNL wins, Ties and total goals scored during the H2H DA and ECNL games in that age group.

2000 - Washington Premiere ECNL, 9 H2H, DA (3), ECNL (4), Ties (2)
Goals: DA - 6 ECNL - 25

2002 - Slammers ECNL, 9 H2H, DA (5), ECNL (4), Ties (0)
Goals: DA - 12 ECNL - 12

2003 - MVLA ECNL, 2 H2H, DA (0), ECNL (2), Ties (0)
Goals: DA - 2 ECNL - 4

2004 - MVLA ECNL, 15 H2H, DA (4), ECNL (7), Ties (4)
Goals: DA - 15 ECNL - 20

2005 - Legends DA, 5 H2H, DA (2), ECNL (2), Ties (1)
Goals: DA - 4 ECNL - 6

Overall the games appeared competitive except for the ones involving the 00/01 PSV team which did not score a goal and allowed a total of 15 goals. With this being a showcase it's hard to do a true breakdown due some teams ended up playing teams from the bottom of the table while others played teams from the top. It will be interesting to see if Silverlakes will continue with these match ups or if other tournaments will also add DA vs ECNL matchups.

I'm here bored at work so I thought I'd do head-to-head results from Silverlakes ECNL vs DA games for each age group. Listed is the group winner, total of H2H games, DA wins, ECNL wins, Ties and total goals scored during the H2H DA and ECNL games in that age group.

Overall the games appeared competitive except for the ones involving the 00/01 PSV team which did not score a goal and allowed a total of 15 goals. With this being a showcase it's hard to do a true breakdown due some teams ended up playing teams from the bottom of the table while others played teams from the top. It will be interesting to see if Silverlakes will continue with these match ups or if other tournaments will also add DA vs ECNL matchups.

Thank you for breaking this down for us!

Seems to me like the ECNL teams performed better. Curious since they practice less and play horrible high school soccer. Seems that US Soccer as usual picked a fight that it is losing when it should have collaborated with its biggest developer of high end talent.

SHAMEFUL.

So how does the traveling for ECNL work? Do the girls travel and stay together or do the players travel and stay with the parents?

So how does the traveling for ECNL work? Do the girls travel and stay together or do the players travel and stay with the parents?
It depends on the club. Some clubs travel as a team with chaperones, but not all. In my daughter's club, parents travel with their parents, but we also have the options to send our player with another family and share the costs.

It depends on the club. Some clubs travel as a team with chaperones, but not all. In my daughter's club, parents travel with their parents, but we also have the options to send our player with another family and share the costs.

So the club made the grand parents travel? :)

Maybe since it was too late in the night when you did this but you got the 2000 age group wrong. Beach DA beat San Juan ECNL. Eagles DA beat Seattle ECNL. Eagles DA beat San Juan ECNL. Legends DA beat MVLA ECNL. LA Premier DA beat Seattle ECNL. So thats 5 wins for DA not 3. Not sure if you made similar mistakes elsewhere.

Maybe since it was too late in the night when you did this but you got the 2000 age group wrong. Beach DA beat San Juan ECNL. Eagles DA beat Seattle ECNL. Eagles DA beat San Juan ECNL. Legends DA beat MVLA ECNL. LA Premier DA beat Seattle ECNL. So thats 5 wins for DA not 3. Not sure if you made similar mistakes elsewhere.
I should have indicated I didn't include the wins against San Juan ECNL because its a composite team. An ECNL composite team is not the top team for an ECNL club. It's like a DPL team for a DA club except that an ECNL club will only have 1 composite team competing in the oldest age group. I can go deeper into this but in short the best players for an ECNL club are not playing on the composite team which is why those 2 wins were not included.

And to address any other misunderstandings, I included the 00 Crossfire Premier results as a DA team even though they're a dual club and the 00 standings didn't indicate if it was a DA or ECNL team. But since they only played 1 ECNL team that ended in a tie it didn't have much of an impact on the breakdown.

@Lambchop stick your head in the sand like a dumb ostrich if you want to. I have the benefit of wisdom and experience in these matters. The GDA isn’t producing good product and it is clear. The U20 team just lost their opening game and eventually we are going to continue to decline as long as US Soccer keeps up with the silliness of the half ass GDA and the nepotism in hiring coaches and selecting players with average technical skills. Japan and Spain are both slower less athletic teams but with technical players at every position and they are doing much better than we are and we had a 20 year headstart, more resources AND Title IX. Keep drinking the kool aid. It will smack you in the face eventually!

@Lambchop stick your head in the sand like a dumb ostrich if you want to. I have the benefit of wisdom and experience in these matters. The GDA isn’t producing good product and it is clear. The U20 team just lost their opening game and eventually we are going to continue to decline as long as US Soccer keeps up with the silliness of the half ass GDA and the nepotism in hiring coaches and selecting players with average technical skills. Japan and Spain are both slower less athletic teams but with technical players at every position and they are doing much better than we are and we had a 20 year headstart, more resources AND Title IX. Keep drinking the kool aid. It will smack you in the face eventually!

Can we add picking the best players to that list of yours? IJS...

If GDA teams are so special why don’t they win every time? My player’s team has committed only one GDA player. One. A top 5 team that only has one GDA commit in the entire country. Let that sink in. Colleges recruit players not teams and since they have to win in order to keep their jobs they are typically the better evaluators of talent unlike US Soccer where on the women’s side clearly neither winning nor development matter.

Maybe they were afraid of getting "Mallory Pugh'ed" again. Sign a top player who decides to forgo college to play NWSL/US National team.

So I double checked (as I am sure you did as well) to confirm there were no other mistakes in the breakdown. The final tally for all age groups combined...
Wins: ECNL (19) DA (14) and 7 ties
Goals: ECNL (67) DA (39) +28 GD for ECNL teams

Removing the results from the 00 PSV team still leaves the ECNL teams with a +13 GD. Now if you add the results from Surf Cup to the tally where SoCal Academy competed in the DA bracket...
Wins: Non-DA (23) DA (14) and 7 ties
Goals: Non-DA (76) DA (42) +34 GD for Non-DA teams
Legends DA showed well at Silverlakes going 4-1-1 vs ECNL teams with a +3 GD overall (8 GF, 5 GA).

I know you're a strong supporter of GDA, rightfully so since your DD is with a DA club, but these results may force US soccer to ensure competition vs non-DA teams doesn't happen. Yes I know it's a small sample size but a +34 GD is huge and a lot bigger than I expected for either side. And this is with none of the top ECNL teams competing at Silverlakes. If Strikers 03 or Blues 01 or 02 teams were competing the GD would have increased significantly.

I didn't do this tally to knock GDA as I'm a supporter of the creation of the league. But it should truly be for the elite players and not just another national league. 98% of the girls in GDA have little to no chance at making a YNT. That is not saying they're not good players but steel sharpens steel as the saying goes and watching the U20 team lose today was disappointing.

Back