CRL

That's temporary, due to unexpected staffing change. Most clubs only allow 2 teams max. Coaches often get creative in earning extra income.

I don't believe that is a temporary thing at Strikers Irvine. Roy Chingirian has 3 teams, George Ba has 3 teams, Michael Collins has 3 teams, etc. It is what it is. Coaches normally coach 3 teams so I am not so sure why you are so shocked.

I don't believe that is a temporary thing at Strikers Irvine. Roy Chingirian has 3 teams, George Ba has 3 teams, Michael Collins has 3 teams, etc. It is what it is. Coaches normally coach 3 teams so I am not so sure why you are so shocked.

I guess I should believe you over the coaches themselves. I've been involved with club soccer for the past 4 years, no coach has ever had more than 2 teams.

Last edited:
I guess I should believe you then the coaches themselves. I've been involved with club soccer for the past 4 years, no coach has ever had more than 2 teams.

I have been involved with club soccer for the past 7 years and every year, I have witnessed coaches with 3 teams. As a poster stated earlier, you name the team, Pats, Strikers, Albion, Legends. That is just the way it is. I just gave you 4 examples just from the Strikers Irvine branch alone.

I have been involved with club soccer for the past 7 years and every year, I have witnessed coaches with 3 teams. As a poster stated earlier, you name the team, Pats, Strikers, Albion, Legends. That is just the way it is. I just gave you 4 examples just from the Strikers Irvine branch alone.

Listen, not here to fight over such a trivial point. When the coach tells me he has two and temporarily 3, I believe them. Again, me personally, have never been involved in a 3 team coaching circumstance.

Listen, not here to fight over such a trivial point. When the coach tells me he has two and temporarily 3, I believe them. Again, me personally, have never been involved in a 3 team coaching circumstance.

You are right, it is a trivial point, but don't sound so shocked and appalled. I think the point being, YOU, personally have never been involved in a 3 team coaching circumstance. However, they are quite common. Moving on since its not that important of an issue, but discussion is always good.

Quiz or Exam??
What do you refer to as the quiz? Exam? A student will not pass the quiz or the exam unless they put in the body of work that is being taught by the teacher during the week, am I not correct? A teacher only monitors the quiz or exam, they don't teach during that moment.

When we were there he had 4 teams 99s 08s 05 and 05b. But that is not my point... Its a job and I get it
My comment was that when you have more than 2 teams you will not have all your attention on them and that is not god for the development of players
What do you refer to as the quiz? Exam? A student will not pass the quiz or the exam unless they put in the body of work that is being taught by the teacher during the week, am I not correct? A teacher only monitors the quiz or exam, they don't teach during that moment.

I think 66gto needs to find a better teacher....

Sorry I meant,Practices are like the quiz and games are the exams. You truly need both . MY point was that when a coach has more 2 teams, He will give preference to a certain team(s) and the other one(s) will be neglected . At least thats what I have experienced

Here is a curb ball . I have seen coaches that have only 2 teams and they dont play at all and when they do they play teams that are far
their reason is the winning team takes the players from the losing team. We had that experience too in our first year in club we ended up playing only 3 scrimmages and 1 tournament from MArch to Sept. So we learn as we go . Bottom line it comes down to how committed the coaches are to each team and to be upfront about it,..

Back