CRL

Apparently you misinterpreted what I said. Never said we played the most beautiful soccer of any club out there. I said we touched the ball and didn't resort to clearing the ball out of the back EVERY chance we had. That's completely about the Albion game today. But you went to an extreme to prove me wrong about something I never stated.

It's so early and the regular season hasn't even started. I hope you are with one of those teams otherwise your talk doesn't hold much weight. Based on your posts you sound like your son plays for Strikers.

For the record, we have beat both GSA (in a tournament) and Strikers (in a scrimmage). But, as I've stated before, it was just that, a scrimmage. Strikers have not lost a tournament they have entered this summer. So as far as I'm concerned that's the only team that can claim they're the best.

One of my sons is now playing 04 academy, but he used to be in this age group so I'm familiar with the scene and keep tabs... And I obviously like poking the bear!!! Whatever you say, I'm just trying to rile you up. i think albion plays crap soccer, but that's just me. Still, scoreboard reads 2-1, so I wouldn't really bash a team for accomplishing their task

Albion beat Boca... What a shocker!!!! Nobody saw that one coming...
Too bad you weren't at the game,
You would have seen clearly boca dominate great part of the game. We had more clear chanses to score . They found themselves one opportunity to score from outside, nice goal Btw. But Albion never out played Boca. It took one goal for them same as we did in San Diego. They did not create but I see your bandwagon

One of my sons is now playing 04 academy, but he used to be in this age group so I'm familiar with the scene and keep tabs... And I obviously like poking the bear!!! Whatever you say, I'm just trying to rile you up. i think albion plays crap soccer, but that's just me. Still, scoreboard reads 2-1, so I wouldn't really bash a team for accomplishing their task

I've been saying it since last year when I first seen Albion play. They don't play out of the back and the Ctr bks are being coached to boom the ball every time they touch it. But I did see the Albion DA play in surf and it's completely opposite. It must be a Crowe thing, suprising a coach of this caliber instructs something like that.

I am sure everyone has their take/opinion on style of play but.....

From what I have seen from this WC Albion team is that he plays a big athletic kid up top (looks to be a formation of 4-2-3-1) and plays direct to him, the 3 behind him get involved in the attack and play off of this kid. That is just my take on it and it does appear that they plays knock ball.

Not everyone has to play the beautiful game of possession, Leicester City sure didn't last year and won the EPL. What style does the US National team play? Isn't that what we should be playing with the hope that our kids represent our Country one day?

Just my opinion...

Strikers have not lost a tournament they have entered this summer. So as far as I'm concerned that's the only team that can claim they're the best.

Irvine Strikers (Martinez 1 B05) entered Pat's in the 04 division and didn't make finals. They did however, just win Slammers Players Cup in the 04 division.

I've been saying it since last year when I first seen Albion play. They don't play out of the back and the Ctr bks are being coached to boom the ball every time they touch it. But I did see the Albion DA play in surf and it's completely opposite. It must be a Crowe thing, suprising a coach of this caliber instructs something like that.

My Son plays for Albion SC, and let me be the first to tell you Crowe does not coach his back-line to boot the ball every time they touch it!!!

But when you play a team like Legends and Boca who press very well and aggressively, you have to go direct at times, and past 2 games was a "Direct" kind of a weekend :)

My Son plays for Albion SC, and let me be the first to tell you Crowe does not coach his back-line to boot the ball every time they touch it!!!

But when you play a team like Legends and Boca who press very well and aggressively, you have to go direct at times, and past 2 games was a "Direct" kind of a weekend :)

I agree in that at these younger ages, it's very difficult for players to be technically good enough to consistently play out of high pressure... It's much easier to press and disrupt then it is to build out... But on the flip side, the best teams at least try to! Sorry Albion

Irvine Strikers (Martinez 1 B05) entered Pat's in the 04 division and didn't make finals. They did however, just win Slammers Players Cup in the 04 division.

Not sure how strong the tournament field was at slammers cup with CRL going on, even a year up... Also Not sure why strikers aren't doing CRL either, as one of the favorites with a trip to regionals on the line... But kudos to them for not playing their age and just collecting silverware

Not sure how strong the tournament field was at slammers cup with CRL going on, even a year up... Also Not sure why strikers aren't doing CRL either, as one of the favorites with a trip to regionals on the line... But kudos to them for not playing their age and just collecting silverware
I wondered the same thing .. if strikers would have been in
It would have added more to an already competitive league.

The finals at Players Cup was against the same Slammer's team who they lost to at Pat's Cup.

Re: CRL, I asked, the Coach doesn't want the kids playing too often. The team is going DA next year.

The finals at Players Cup was against the same Slammer's team who they lost to at Pat's Cup.

Re: CRL, I asked, the Coach doesn't want the kids playing too often. The team is going DA next year.

One of my sons clubs said the same thing... Too many games squeezed in an already loaded schedule, too much travel for 1 game, high cost, and bad timing for the club schedule of time off... To each their own, but an easier route to regionals than having to win national cup sounds enticing to me!

Reactions: Wez

That answer doesn't make a lot of sense. If that is the case, why play two tournaments. The team played more games in those two tournaments than all the CRL games combined this summer. Plus, if DA is the reason, then it shows a misunderstanding of what DA is all about. DA actually forbids teams from playing more than 2 games in 3 days. Playing in weekend tournaments is exactly what DA is trying to avoid. CRL much more closely matches the ideals of the DA with only one game a day against only quality competition.

The DA comment had nothing to do with a CRL decision, it was just FYI. I'm not the coach, I don't make the team decisions.

That answer doesn't make a lot of sense. If that is the case, why play two tournaments. The team played more games in those two tournaments than all the CRL games combined this summer. Plus, if DA is the reason, then it shows a misunderstanding of what DA is all about. DA actually forbids teams from playing more than 2 games in 3 days. Playing in weekend tournaments is exactly what DA is trying to avoid. CRL much more closely matches the ideals of the DA with only one game a day against only quality competition.

It's a good thing that strikers Irvine did not enter crl coz all the other teams will just be battling for second place. This team is just too good. Only 05 team that can beat them is an academy 05 team they are a DA team playing in scdsl

It's a good thing that strikers Irvine did not enter crl coz all the other teams will just be battling for second place. This team is just too good. Only 05 team that can beat them is an academy 05 team they are a DA team playing in scdsl

A lot of very strong 05 teams are less strong this year because they've had talent siphoned off to 04 DA teams to fill rosters. I mentioned the DA comment earlier because this year the Irvine Strikers haven't used any 05s for their 04 DA team. They had enough kids to fill the 04 DA roster with 04s.

A lot of very strong 05 teams are less strong this year because they've had talent siphoned off to 04 DA teams to fill rosters. I mentioned the DA comment earlier because this year the Irvine Strikers haven't used any 05s for their 04 DA team. They had enough kids to fill the 04 DA roster with 04s.
Let's go ahead and crown them nationals champs already

CRL

Thank you Wez,
In my opinion thats what happens when a coach has too many teams. He has to cater to all and then start making up things like why should we play this or that competition we are just going to destroy everyone only excuses because you have 2 or 3 other teams. This is why my sons will never play for someone who coaches more than 2 teams at once. one of the Main reasons why we left our last club after only being there for one month.

Back