CA youth sports

California are some of the worst performing schools in the nation along with Chicago and new York so it's no wonder teachers want to sit at home doing nothing. Last fall when the counties moved to the red tier orange county submitted waivers to open their schools. Of course my kids school district was lazy getting their waiver in and missed the opportunity to re open before the county went purple tier again. The zoom education is worthless teachers putting little or no effort at all. It's easy to sit home and collect a paycheck.

California are some of the worst performing schools in the nation along with Chicago and new York so it's no wonder teachers want to sit at home doing nothing. Last fall when the counties moved to the red tier orange county submitted waivers to open their schools. Of course my kids school district was lazy getting their waiver in and missed the opportunity to re open before the county went purple tier again. The zoom education is worthless teachers putting little or no effort at all. It's easy to sit home and collect a paycheck.
Of the teachers I know, more would welcome being back in their classrooms with their students than not.

The current situation is a top down thing......

Enslaved? ignorant choice of a word...aside from that, I'd love to see the facts and data you use to support your claims. I can only speak for all those I've spoken to directly...they were all very positive and happy people who gladly came back because they believed teachers are an essential part of our kids development...we're blessed to have them teaching our kids.
Ehay isway away Inesechay otbay

Of the teachers I know, more would welcome being back in their classrooms with their students than not.

The current situation is a top down thing......

That's good and obviously there are good solid teachers out there who would do as you posted. Not all of them are lazy or incompetent. A lot has to do with the school environment they are employed in to. A lot of school districts is some dangerous parts of certain cities. Are they motivated to go back into those high crime areas and teach in the classroom when they could just do a zoom a few days a week and 90% of the class doesn't even log in to the zoom? Our wonderful legislature even made it illegal to expel kids for a variety of crimes and violations committed on campus making another unsafe environment and reason for teachers to stay home.

Another thing, school sports are separated in the same type of color coded restricted tiers that newsolini has for the state. Soccer is in the yellow moderate tier. We are currently in purple for the state. We would have to drop 2 color tiers to have a high school soccer season. Practice can start with distance protocols in place. CIF uses the color tier when making their decision to allow a specific sport.

The zoom education is worthless teachers putting little or no effort at all. It's easy to sit home and collect a paycheck.
Most teachers want to go back to work. They don’t like zoom because they have to work harder at getting kids to pay attention. My wife works every day from 7:30 to 5 and several hours on the weekend. I challenge you $100 to do this for 1 week. You wouldn’t last more than 3 days. Have you even tried teaching your kids for a whole month?

Another thing, school sports are separated in the same type of color coded restricted tiers that newsolini has for the state. Soccer is in the yellow moderate tier. We are currently in purple for the state. We would have to drop 2 color tiers to have a high school soccer season. Practice can start with distance protocols in place. CIF uses the color tier when making their decision to allow a specific sport.
Understand High School and youth sports will not have ANY competition in this state until 2022 unless the governor and his colored tier system's recalled

Most teachers want to go back to work. They don’t like zoom because they have to work harder at getting kids to pay attention. My wife works every day from 7:30 to 5 and several hours on the weekend. I challenge you $100 to do this for 1 week. You wouldn’t last more than 3 days. Have you even tried teaching your kids for a whole month?

I've been teaching my kids for over a year now because of how poor the quality of the zoom education is. To do a zoom class right, teachers need to be in their classroom for 7 hours talking and teaching their virtual class. Instead they sit on their couch with a coffee and pre record some minimal instructions. My high school kid only gets her classes zoomed 2 days a week. Why not 5 days like a regular school week? She is making up for it by taking 3 classes at a local junior college. She will enter college as a sophomore and I'll take your $100 now because my 33 year career far exceeded your little work hour example. Keep in mind also I'm not lumping all teachers into the lazy category. Some are excellent but LA unified? Chicago teachers union? New York? Of course conservative Orange county teachers were back in the classroom last fall. Teachers in 45 other states have been in the classroom all school year. We are just really special in California.

My sister in law works her tail off. Single mommy with with three kids under 12. She teaches all day, everyday in her zoom classroom at home. She wants back to school so bad she complains to higher up and it's a big, "no, were not all healthy like you." My other good good friend works 4 hours a day and makes well over $100K a year. He loves this online zoom life and hopes it's here to stay :) Most teachers want back asap, but some love this schedule and I dont blame them at all. Were all SOL one way or another. I decided to work on my 24 year old marriage and make it awesome and full of love and mercy. Let me tell you, these last 11 months is exactly what the Love Dr ordered for my marriage. It's so hot, it's spicy. I love her so much, you have no idea. Hot picnic date on the beach to watch sunset last night :) I call it the Pre Valentine surprise. Lastly, everyone needs to relaxe and take a chill pill. Thank you to all the teachers who are trying to get back into the classroom. We know who you are and we all appreciate all you do.

I've been teaching my kids for over a year now because of how poor the quality of the zoom education is. To do a zoom class right, teachers need to be in their classroom for 7 hours talking and teaching their virtual class. Instead they sit on their couch with a coffee and pre record some minimal instructions. My high school kid only gets her classes zoomed 2 days a week. Why not 5 days like a regular school week? She is making up for it by taking 3 classes at a local junior college. She will enter college as a sophomore and I'll take your $100 now because my 33 year career far exceeded your little work hour example. Keep in mind also I'm not lumping all teachers into the lazy category. Some are excellent but LA unified? Chicago teachers union? New York? Of course conservative Orange county teachers were back in the classroom last fall. Teachers in 45 other states have been in the classroom all school year. We are just really special in California.
I had no idea the school program was so bad for public school kids. Recently, the mayor and city attorney for San Francisco started attacking the teachers union for not opening schools. But the word on the street is that the mayor and city attorney are just posturing because inner city schools can’t open until proper ventilation is installed. The kids that the mayor is most concerned about are the most high risk because they stay in high density multi generational housing and their parents work in factories, grocery stores etc.
Do we really want districts full of classes of high risk kids in rooms all day without proper ventilation AND sanitation?

I had no idea the school program was so bad for public school kids. Recently, the mayor and city attorney for San Francisco started attacking the teachers union for not opening schools. But the word on the street is that the mayor and city attorney are just posturing because inner city schools can’t open until proper ventilation is installed. The kids that the mayor is most concerned about are the most high risk because they stay in high density multi generational housing and their parents work in factories, grocery stores etc.
Do we really want districts full of classes of high risk kids in rooms all day without proper ventilation AND sanitation?
I hear you chirping...yet, imagine if they had the same school choices as yourself...funny how that works.

I hear you chirping...yet, imagine if they had the same school choices as yourself...funny how that works.
Are you talking about my local public school that was under federal indictment for suspending black and brown kids w/o cause or are you talking about the economical private school my kid attends in Tijuana?

Are you talking about my local public school that was under federal indictment for suspending black and brown kids w/o cause or are you talking about the economical private school my kid attends in Tijuana?
I see, just not your village...choice privilege. I get it *wink*

I see, just not your village...choice privilege. I get it *wink*
I’m a product and advocate of public education. I missed lots of school coming up through the public school system and I managed to go to college. In terms of access to a quality education, Covid hasn’t changed much for the demographic that I am most familiar with (po’ folks); they weren’t receiving proper academic support prior to Covid and they have no expectations of being treated right during or after Covid either.

Maybe we are talking past each other because of your privileged background?

Some kids like those with severe asthma are high risk and parents can choose not to have them in class. Most schools are using a hybrid system where half the class goes 2 days then the other half goes 2 days and the remaining days are virtual class. Parents can choose to do the hybrid 2 day class session or remain at home with 5 days of virtual class. Like 90% in my kids district want the hybrid classes but the district will not re open pending guidance from the great newsolini.

I’m a product and advocate of public education. I missed lots of school coming up through the public school system and I managed to go to college. In terms of access to a quality education, Covid hasn’t changed much for the demographic that I am most familiar with (po’ folks); they weren’t receiving proper academic support prior to Covid and they have no expectations of being treated right during or after Covid either.

Maybe we are talking past each other because of your privileged background?
I'm with ya brother...we're all down with the struggle, right *wink*

Elections have life changing consequences...yet, you repeatedly vote for the same privileged folks who for decades have, and continue to, neglect and fail those you profess to be "most familiar" with...albeit from atop a distant privileged life (village)...also known as, I believe the current SJW term is, "virtue signaling."

Back