CA youth sports

CIF cross country meets have started even with many schools not in session, so I don’t think one is necessarily conditioned on the other, although individual schools and districts may not participate without schools opening.

CIF, thus youth sports are tied to public schools reopening. The CA Teachers Unions are hurting our kids...sick part is, we're letting them.
I wish people would stop blaming the teachers for not wanting to go into a classroom of people who may or may not be bringing a virus that could make them very ill. If people took more time with their own kids instead of letting the internet and tv raise them it would be less of a problem (no I am not talking about the people working 2 jobs to put food on the table and a roof over their head). I now know several people that have come down with this nasty little bug and they were following protocols as best as possible. The people that are "hurting" the kids are the adults who keep trying to blame other people for the messes that other adults create.
As far as teacher pay that is ridiculous to talk about considering the extra hours many of them put in making their hourly rate low; especially in light of what youtube "influencers" are making or when a CEO is worth billions of dollars when people are homeless and hungry!
Does this suck, yep; could we have been in a different better place right now, who knows, but I would venture to guess the answer would have been yes if people would have worked together instead of whining and complaining about what others were doing (that is both political sides of the aisle).

CDPH and the governor are your huckleberries

CIF is just following the guidance from above.

Sports conditioning has been going on even while the classrooms may have not been open.

HS Sports competitions have been allowed since Jan 25th with dual swim and track meets possible in accordance with the guidance.

Teachers of sports want to get back as much as you do but they are bound by the CDPH guidance.

Concentrate on getting the guidance updated if you want sports back sooner like soccer.
“Let Them Play!” group from Facebook

Wow, says I gross about $40,000 more than I really make. They lump our insurance benefits into our salary. Very misleading. We make less per hour, per kid than a babysitter. Most of us educators want to teach in person. Online teaching and learning is more difficult for all of us, teachers and students. So sorry you rich stay at home mommies and daddies have to parent right now. Homeless and foster youth are going to in-person school in our district to get more support. Our special Ed population who need in-person services are also getting support. Stop blaming the educators for your problems.

Wow, says I gross about $40,000 more than I really make. They lump our insurance benefits into our salary. Very misleading. We make less per hour, per kid than a babysitter. Most of us educators want to teach in person. Online teaching and learning is more difficult for all of us, teachers and students. So sorry you rich stay at home mommies and daddies have to parent right now. Homeless and foster youth are going to in-person school in our district to get more support. Our special Ed population who need in-person services are also getting support. Stop blaming the educators for your problems.
Don’t lots of public school teachers also spend money out of their own pocket to purchase supplies for the classroom and are never reimbursed by the district?

Don’t lots of public school teachers also spend money out of their own pocket to purchase supplies for the classroom and are never reimbursed by the district?
I didn’t even account for that...right now even more to support our online programs. Converted spaces for an office (garages, attics, bedroom space), extra computers, ink, paper, art supplies mailed home, packets, reinforcement prizes via Amazon deliveries, etc. So many other things I can’t even begin to list.

Teachers union won't budge especially since most take home around $35k yr after tax and health insurance yet we pay the girl who's picking her ass and smelling it $15hr min wage to work at McDonald's.
That is not what most senior teachers make, especially not when you count the value of the pension.

Yes, the union and the district completely cheat the younger ones, but that is another story entirely.

Teachers union won't budge especially since most take home around $35k yr after tax and health insurance yet we pay the girl who's picking her ass and smelling it $15hr min wage to work at McDonald's.

Not sure what kind of political narrative you are looking to control. I have been around educators for 30 years (including 3 in my own family) and I have never met a 35k a year teacher. I know a few (classroom teachers) very well that make over 100K for 180 days of work a year. Of course, most of us on this board are in California while you may be in Nebraska so that could be a factor.

I didn’t even account for that...right now even more to support our online programs. Converted spaces for an office (garages, attics, bedroom space), extra computers, ink, paper, art supplies mailed home, packets, reinforcement prizes via Amazon deliveries, etc. So many other things I can’t even begin to list.
It sounds like you believe you are not appreciated by your employer. Have you thought about finding another employer that appreciates your efforts?

CIF, thus youth sports are tied to public schools reopening. The CA Teachers Unions are hurting our kids...sick part is, we're letting them.

People like you are the ones who are hurting our kids. Going to restaurants, bars, kiddie soccer tournaments, not wearing masks, constantly discouraging others from doing what they should, backyard bbq, etc. People like you have never taken it as seriously as you should, so here we are.

You got what you deserve, whiner.

That is not what most senior teachers make, especially not when you count the value of the pension.

Yes, the union and the district completely cheat the younger ones, but that is another story entirely.
We put money into our pensions, so it’s not for free. After 30 years of teaching, teachers deserve a good pension and a few 2% raises along the way. Most of us at 30 years have Masters degrees, Ed.Ds, or Ph.Ds to increase our pay scale as well as become better educators and we make so much less than private sector counterparts with the same degrees. I have seen so many educators retire after 40 plus years and pass away before enjoying their pension. Most educators would love to make what they’re worth, but most do it for the students. We all started as young teachers and, yes, the beginning years with a young family can be tough financially but teaching will never be about being rich. I just hope future generations will still choose education as a profession even though the pay is not great considering the required education.

Whatever happened to our country? Magats consider public school teachers to be the enemy. They hate our children so much they support Qanon crazies who harass survivors of school shootings and even claim they’re hoaxes. They support a party that tried to overthrow democratic government. They whine about the deficit right up until their Mango Magat Master runs up the highest deficit in world history, and then they’re right back it after he lost worse than he loses a fight with a glass of water, pretending it never happened. They think a dead south american dictator conspired with a voting machine company and the democratic party to engage in election fraud. They think that people and companies exercising their 1st Amendment rights actually violates the 1st Amendment.

But it’s all the fault of teachers.

We put money into our pensions, so it’s not for free. After 30 years of teaching, teachers deserve a good pension and a few 2% raises along the way. Most of us at 30 years have Masters degrees, Ed.Ds, or Ph.Ds to increase our pay scale as well as become better educators and we make so much less than private sector counterparts with the same degrees. I have seen so many educators retire after 40 plus years and pass away before enjoying their pension. Most educators would love to make what they’re worth, but most do it for the students. We all started as young teachers and, yes, the beginning years with a young family can be tough financially but teaching will never be about being rich. I just hope future generations will still choose education as a profession even though the pay is not great considering the required education.
How many young teachers pay into that pension but never get a dime?

The system completely screws over young teachers. They get half your pay and teach the hard to reach students. You get twice the pay and first pick of classes.

When there is an election, there is no warning, so new teachers don't have a chance to organize and be heard. Instead, the senior teachers keep control, and make sure the system continues.

Yes, the pay isn't great. But the pay is bad, in part, because the senior folks repeatedly use the collective bargaining process to cheat the junior folks.

Whatever happened to our country? Magats consider public school teachers to be the enemy. They hate our children so much they support Qanon crazies who harass survivors of school shootings and even claim they’re hoaxes. They support a party that tried to overthrow democratic government. They whine about the deficit right up until their Mango Magat Master runs up the highest deficit in world history, and then they’re right back it after he lost worse than he loses a fight with a glass of water, pretending it never happened. They think a dead south american dictator conspired with a voting machine company and the democratic party to engage in election fraud. They think that people and companies exercising their 1st Amendment rights actually violates the 1st Amendment.

But it’s all the fault of teachers.

Have you considered an exorcism to have Trump removed from your subconscious?

How many young teachers pay into that pension but never get a dime? Not true

The system completely screws over young teachers. They get half your pay and teach the hard to reach students. You get twice the pay and first pick of classes. Not True

When there is an election, there is no warning, so new teachers don't have a chance to organize and be heard. Instead, the senior teachers keep control, and make sure the system continues. Not true

Yes, the pay isn't great. But the pay is bad, in part, because the senior folks repeatedly use the collective bargaining process to cheat the junior folks. Not true

Back