Actions in support of the Second Amendment

^^^ That guy was a total POS. Here's one of his victims. 87 year old man walking down the street. This is so hard to watch. I hope this a-hole burns in hell and gets treated like a pit toilet everyday he's in jail. But knowing NYC..he'll get released by the end of the week after apologizing for his actions. Good to see those strict gun laws in NY working. Maybe if everyone was allowed to carry someone could've taken care of that trash before he killed some innocent old man. And if the roles/colors were reversed there'd be riots in NYC by BLM and we'd see Ben Crump all over the tv saying how some racist old white guy shot some innocent black guy. So over this BS that gets swept under the rug day after day.

And I'm willing to bet you thought you were being slick again @espola posting your links regarding gun violence. News flash..don't blame the gun. Blame the people responsible. And the people who allow criminals to roam the streets. And the people who vote for stupid gun laws that do nothing to protect innocent people because criminals don't follow the laws. Jesus, how many time do we have to go over this?!
I'm also willing to bet you hadn't seen the video of this poor old man bleeding out before you posted your link about "gun violence."
You can say otherwise but I'm sure all here would agree with me..your BS agenda is obvious for all to see.

And I'm willing to bet you thought you were being slick again @espola posting your links regarding gun violence. News flash..don't blame the gun. Blame the people responsible. And the people who allow criminals to roam the streets. And the people who vote for stupid gun laws that do nothing to protect innocent people because criminals don't follow the laws. Jesus, how many time do we have to go over this?!
I'm also willing to bet you hadn't seen the video of this poor old man bleeding out before you posted your link about "gun violence."
You can say otherwise but I'm sure all here would agree with me..your BS agenda is obvious for all to see.
I am not opposed to responsible, law-abiding citizens owning guns. In the little town where I grew up, we boys as teenagers occasionally walked down Main Street carrying our guns on the way to hunting in the hills and farms outside town. The only reaction we got was someone shouting "Good luck, boys!"

Can you propose a solution to that situation?
Yes…hold people accountable. Something that went extinct in 2020. Actually stop allowing these DA’s to decriminalize crimes, promote zero cash bail and eliminate “3 strike rules”. Let’s start actually holding criminals accountable and get back to having consequences for their actions, that would be a solid start!

Second, maybe not defund the police, but invest them. Invest in things like training (self defense, de-escalation, etc), additional staff that specialize in domestic situations, and community outreach, etc.

Yes…hold people accountable. Something that went extinct in 2020. Actually stop allowing these DA’s to decriminalize crimes, promote zero cash bail and eliminate “3 strike rules”. Let’s start actually holding criminals accountable and get back to having consequences for their actions, that would be a solid start!

Second, maybe not defund the police, but invest them. Invest in things like training (self defense, de-escalation, etc), additional staff that specialize in domestic situations, and community outreach, etc.
Do you think the NYC random shooter is not being held accountable?

Do you think the NYC random shooter is not being held accountable?
You really asked this question? Did you mean like after he was arrested? Are you inquiring about his past criminal record and whether he should have even been on the street? Are you supporting/opposing cool new social engineering laws that generate sympathy for criminals and gain clout and votes for lawmakers?

I take it you were likely a law abiding child on your way to shoot squirrels?

There is no solution that doesnt involve taking guns from responsible, law abiding citizens which btw are the vast, vast majority of gun owners. Reality is guns are not ever going anywhere and that vast majority of law abiding citizens will turn into criminals if the government tries to take their guns and the ones that were already criminals were never going to hand theirs over anyway. Looks like better firearm education and a change in gun culture would be the best option but that takes time. Problem is some people dont want to live in reality and think a blanket ban would work.

You really asked this question? Did you mean like after he was arrested? Are you inquiring about his past criminal record and whether he should have even been on the street? Are you supporting/opposing cool new social engineering laws that generate sympathy for criminals and gain clout and votes for lawmakers?

I take it you were likely a law abiding child on your way to shoot squirrels?
Deer.

There is no solution that doesnt involve taking guns from responsible, law abiding citizens which btw are the vast, vast majority of gun owners. Reality is guns are not ever going anywhere and that vast majority of law abiding citizens will turn into criminals if the government tries to take their guns and the ones that were already criminals were never going to hand theirs over anyway. Looks like better firearm education and a change in gun culture would be the best option but that takes time. Problem is some people dont want to live in reality and think a blanket ban would work.
There already has been a "change in gun culture" when the NRA was overtaken by gun manufacturers and sellers in the mid-'70s. The NRA was founded by former Union Army generals who hoped to develop a strong cadre of Americans already skilled in the use of rifles. In my youth, they were known for their hunter safety and marksmanship programs (I participated in both). Now their main message seems to be "You don't have enough guns".

There already has been a "change in gun culture" when the NRA was overtaken by gun manufacturers and sellers in the mid-'70s. The NRA was founded by former Union Army generals who hoped to develop a strong cadre of Americans already skilled in the use of rifles. In my youth, they were known for their hunter safety and marksmanship programs (I participated in both). Now their main message seems to be "You don't have enough guns".
And? Are you opposed to changing it back to its roots?

What's your solution then since you're for responsible law abiding ownership?

pewpew said:
Criminals are so lucky!! They can carry whatever they want.
[/QUOTE]

Keep criminals in jail. Unfortunately, the libtard party needs votes so they pander to illegal aliens, college deadbeats, welfare rats and criminals.

I don't disagree at all. The NRA was founded on a different set of principles. Now there are many millions of $$$s involved. The NRA doesn't speak for many responsible gun owners, and that number is rising everyday.

I don't disagree at all. The NRA was founded on a different set of principles. Now there are many millions of $$$s involved. The NRA doesn't speak for many responsible gun owners, and that number is rising everyday.
True. But at the end of the day the NRA still stands to defend our right to bear arms. I think many are rightfully unhappy when we hear the way our dues are being spent.

I am not opposed to responsible, law-abiding citizens owning guns.

CA legislators think differently. Look at the unconstitutional "Roster" we have here. I can buy a Gen3 G19 but I can't buy a Gen5. Both guns function the same with a few slight differences on the Gen5. If you know what I'm talking about then you get it. This includes so many other great firearms that law-abiding citizens would love to own but can't because our rights are trampled on here.
Or the magazine capacity ban. No more than 10rd mags here in CA.
Or the mandatory background checks to buy a box of ammo. I wonder how criminals go about getting their ammo??
Or the regulation on AR-15s? Fin grip. Bullet button. Doubt any mass shooter had their rifles 'CA Compliant' when they went about their shooting sprees here in CA. Look at the December 2015 shooting in San Bernardino. Those shooters used rifles that a friend got them thru "illegal straw purchases."
^^ These laws do nothing but infringe on the rights of law-abiding citizens. They do nothing to make communities safer. Evil always finds a way.

Here's a few from the LA County Board of Supervisors.
1) No carrying in LA Co parks. I feel safer already!! (So a CCW permit holder isn't allowed to carry. I doubt any criminals will follow that rule.)
2) Banned sales of .50 cal handguns and ammunition in un-incorporated areas of LA County. Who cares!! It's expensive as hell and I don't think there are many who spend the money on them in the first place. Talk about ignorant legislation meant to look like they are doing something positive.

I doubt anyone in Gavin's security detail has to follow these rules. Why does his protective detail get a pass but there's a line in the sand as to what I can legally own to protect me and my family?!?!

And make no mistake. I'll agree there are extremists on the far-right who want complete freedom when it comes to firearms. And then there are extremists on the left who want firearms gone. I have no problem with a background check. I think we should. If you aren't a criminal you shouldn't have a problem waiting a few days to confirm you should be allowed to purchase a firearm. (Limiting someone to 1 firearm every 30 days is overreach though.) I also don't agree that in some states two people could meet in a Walmart parking lot and a sale/purchase can take place with zero oversight. There has to be some accountability for every firearm in circulation.

I could go on and on but honestly what would be the point.

True. But at the end of the day the NRA still stands to defend our right to bear arms. I think many are rightfully unhappy when we hear the way our dues are being spent.
No doubt it still stands to defend the 2A but only to further it's own objectives. They've turned into a lobby machine. Anyway, there are better options out there to support. I appreciate their effort on some level but mainly I think they are trashy.

Back