2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

I am very interested in the results of the BYU game today. I hope its broadcast.
Great match... up until LB breaks a 1-1 tie with about 15 minutes to go scoring two goals in a 4 minute span off two absolute LAZER shots. I think I heard the sonic booms from no cal. BYU had numerous chances though.

Absolutely...great non conference performance by many of the Pac12 women's soccer teams! Colorado, Washington State, Stanford, and USC had fantastic non-conference results. It would appear that other programs didn't quite perform as well.

And just so you know headcase, unlike you, I've never bragged about the performance of my kid's team. I let their play on pitch speak for itself. I did stick up for my daughter when, prior to the season, you erroneously said she would spend alot of time on the bench. (Wrong) And then you recently followed that up with:

Well, she just had her first start last week. I'm not saying she is a great player, but she is doing just fine.

And then, here is another marvelously astute prediction...

Keep sticking your foot in your mouth Einstein...

Again you show how much of a phony you are. You said plenty, you were wrong and are now you are lying as usual, but that’s just you Cali. I won’t bother deconstructing your story because it’s not worth it. Your kid started? Was that in the loss or against which cupcake? Out of respect for others I won’t dissect it further. It’s a long season creampuff and you will find out soon enough what that means.

Kickball can only get you so far...

Big loss for Stanford and also a setback for uswnt as she was really coming into her own for them both in the flow of the game and also serving up quality balls on set pieces/corners.

Shame the injury happened, but more so in the way it happened. IMO, there was No need for that type of challenge in that specific scenario.

Hoping she's at full strength asap.

Well the Pac-12 has all but 2 teams with winning non-conference records.

Now it's time to step into the mixer and see what's what.

WSU is clean at 7-0 and will get tested right out of the gate. AZ has been rolling after their initial game 1 misstep and faces Stanford. The Cardinal can't be too happy with a draw vs Santa Clara considering the several opportunities they had to put that game on ice. USC has Washington in their first game which will offer Washington a chance to make a statement. Colorado, also unbeaten w one draw has Oregon State and will likely remain without a loss after game one in conference play.

As has been said before, should be quite the conference season out west.

Best of luck to all the players from SoCal scattered across the country.
Santa Clara had an open net and missed a prime opportunity to go up in the match. If they converted that, they might have won. Emphasis on "might" of course.

Santa Clara had an open net and missed a prime opportunity to go up in the match. If they converted that, they might have won. Emphasis on "might" of course.

You can count on it on 2 hands the opportunities that Stanford squandered. Sometimes depth has its disadvantages. You need to have a set rotation. It’s why I think that North Carolina has trouble with possession teams.

Just announced. Stanford's (and USWNT's) Tierna Davidson out 10-12 weeks with a broken ankle. Thanks a lot North Carolina.
Horrible. Having gone through a season ending injury with my kid, I know the physical and emotional toll all too well.

I wish there was some sort of system where players whose recklessness cause an injurythat results in loss of playing time could receive a suspension of an equivalent length of time. I know it is unrealistic and would be difficult to determine intent/maliciousness but if a player knew they would lose time for causing such an injury, maybe they wouldn’t play in a wreckless manner.

Horrible. Having gone through a season ending injury with my kid, I know the physical and emotional toll all too well.

I wish there was some sort of system where players whose recklessness cause an injurythat results in loss of playing time could receive a suspension of an equivalent length of time. I know it is unrealistic and would be difficult to determine intent/maliciousness but if a player knew they would lose time for causing such an injury, maybe they wouldn’t play in a wreckless manner.
Our team experienced an over matched opponent and coach this weekend, pretty pathetic how the coach had his players playing.

BTW Nice New Avatar

They have a rule like that in hockey. Hockey has some great rules that other sports should follow.

You can count on it on 2 hands the opportunities that Stanford squandered. Sometimes depth has its disadvantages. You need to have a set rotation. It’s why I think that North Carolina has trouble with possession teams.
No doubt. They had many more chances, but that's how soccer goes right? The team with more chances isn't the team that necessary wins. I just felt like if SC had converted, that might have been the game given how the game was going.

Just announced. Stanford's (and USWNT's) Tierna Davidson out 10-12 weeks with a broken ankle. Thanks a lot North Carolina.
It does suck huge, but trying to be half full/silver lining here, at least it wasn't a ACL which takes you out 10 months to a year. she will hopefully get to assume her National team duties in December.

Couldn't agree more. Tackles that go in low, where the tacklers' momentum carries them into and through the legs of the opposing player, even if they get the ball first, are way too dangerous and are an unfortunate part of a beautiful game.

Couldn't agree more. Tackles that go in low, where the tacklers' momentum carries them into and through the legs of the opposing player, even if they get the ball first, are way too dangerous and are an unfortunate part of a beautiful game.
I just watched a clip of that. That was brutally ugly. I couldn't tell if the ref gave a card for that or even if he called a foul... anyone know?
Side note, Macario made the entire UNC defense look like a bunch of U littles on that last goal.

Havent heard the new guy yet. I'll chime in after next Friday, as I will not be in Santa Barbara.
Does he have the same flare as the old guy-yuh?
I just started to to get used to him-muh.
The new guy is the old guy....yuh!
I say we make a drinking game out of his broadcast...
Every time he says "Coach Tim Ward" everybody drinks...
Every time he misidentifies your dd, you drink...
And of course every time he annoys the piss out of you, you drink.
By half we should be "comfortably numb" :cool:

Back