Yes soccer is back on...

Whats actually pulling the numbers down so quickly now other then it being about a month past 01/20/21

TodayO’Side was looking like Surf Cup without the pomp and circumstance. Parking $8. Smoothie $7. Vast majority of fields in use. Checkin table. Ref station. Training table. Golf carts whirling around. And, clean portapotty’s in the AM.
I was there too Lastman. It felt great to see the kids playing soccer. $8 was well worth it and no traffic for early bird game. My wife and I did not wear a mask over our mouth or nose and no one said a word. Refs too ((our head ref did not run and got an F for the day)). It did feel good to see the girls playing soccer again. I hear ECNL will start next Saturday. Good luck to your dd :)

Whats actually pulling the numbers down so quickly now other then it being about a month past 01/20/21

Immunity.

The people who had it before Christmas are neither giving nor receiving covid. And we have a vaccine.

The better question is what happens next. The numbers recovery has stalled in the east.

I think that may be a large declining case rate for old covid variants, combined with a small fast growing case rate for new variants.

Immunity.

The people who had it before Christmas are neither giving nor receiving covid. And we have a vaccine.

The better question is what happens next. The numbers recovery has stalled in the east.

I think that may be a large declining case rate for old covid variants, combined with a small fast growing case rate for new variants.

I agree this is the most likely explanation. There might be a few others: immunity thresholds that cause cases to decline but not disappear and seasonal effects, or even something we don’t really understand yet. Last I checked there was a similar problem underway in both Scandinavia and Peru-Brazil.

TodayO’Side was looking like Surf Cup without the pomp and circumstance. Parking $8. Smoothie $7. Vast majority of fields in use. Checkin table. Ref station. Training table. Golf carts whirling around. And, clean portapotty’s in the AM.
Definitely a pleasant drive down for us. It was a packed house and got to hit some of our usual spots to eat on the drive back through Orange County.

Glad to hear some fields are open and being played on. A lot of cities haven't cleared the way yet and are evaluating whether they want more restrictions than state requirements.

High School kids in Bakersfield are having to choose to play HS sports or Club sports. Kern High School District put in their own rule that kids can't play both and coaches can't coach both. So if a kid is playing HS Football or any other sport they cannot play any Club sports. Only district in the state doing it. This is not a CIF rule... Sucks

Looks like SCDSL is starting March 20

Looks like SCDSL is starting March 20

Interesting in that still required to use Cal South Cards until the Fall.

We were told CSL Premier starts 3/13, with NPL starting in the spring.

Time to freaking play some soccer. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to be the best you can be? Game on!!!

If you live near silverlakes, del mar, or Oside that works but when 16 -18 players are traveling cross county, paying for gas $30, parking $20, field + ref $15-20 per player can get expensive.
I still think it's cheaper than going to AZ to play

Back