When two teams can advance to next round by just a draw....

I don't think you're following what occurred and spreading misinformation by not knowing the truth is what creates problems.

1. NO pre game arrangement happened
2. An injury occurred at the beginning of the game
3. C already won her bracket, regardless of the outcome of the game.

There appear to be people who disagree with you as to one of these. I have no opinion. Anyone with 2nd grade reading comprehension would clearly see that I am speaking in the hypothetical. This entire thread exists to debate that particular hypothetical. By bringing this C's name up (which you did, and I didn't), it suggests that it fits the hypothetical.

There appear to be people who disagree with you as to one of these. I have no opinion. Anyone with 2nd grade reading comprehension would clearly see that I am speaking in the hypothetical. This entire thread exists to debate that particular hypothetical. By bringing this C's name up (which you did, and I didn't), it suggests that it fits the hypothetical.
No one disagrees with any of the above 3 points. You replied to a particular situation in which Mr. G attacked C's reputation based on a video rather than personal knowledge and Mr. G not taking into account the injury that occurred prior to the video.

Either way, I'm quite certain Mr. G is C and just constantly bringing it up in a negative light so I and others can point out how well she manages games and player injuries. Well played C.

The line is an agreement to a pre-determined outcome quid pro quo. If I agree to give your team something (no goals against) if you give me something (also no goals against), this is quid pro quo and match fixing.

Playing for a tie happens all the time but, without a quid pro quo agreement, it still requires a lot of effort and aggressive defense. You either cede possession in non-dangerous areas and have only a couple players transition in counters, or you hold possession and high press to win the ball back.. In a 60-90 minute game, if a game is fixed at the team level, you are going to notice if all the strikers decline to shoot at open nets or if defenders refuse to make hard tackles in dangerous areas. Game-throwing by one or two individuals is harder to detect (they usually get subbed out).

The question is whether the tournaments or leagues have rules against match fixing or, if they do, will they make examples of the teams. Surf Cup apparently let such teams advance to finals. https://fut411.com/post/surf-cup-scandal-update

It is also a fair question whether clubs have their own ethical rules in this area.

Anecdotally, I will point out that I once saw two FRAM teams, an 07 and 08 end up in a position where they played each other in group play. If the 07 team beat the 08 team, it would have advanced to the final. Both teams had the same coach. That coach sat down during the match, didn't say a word and let the two teams play their hearts out. The 08 team won and neither team advanced to the finals. That coach was Nunez and he forever has my respect for that.
Nunez is my daughter's coach and he is best coach I've ever seen!

Proof. But my memory was a bit off. The FRAM Nunez 08 team would have advanced if he would have told his 07s to throw. They should have all got a trophy for sportsmanship. I don't know anything else about the guy but he has been legendary in my mind for the last 3 years.
He is my daughter's coach and your opinion of him is dead-on. We were really lucky to end up on his team

Back