What's happening here?

youthsportsugghhh

SILVER ELITE
Curious what clubs in the NorCal region are doing currently -- Club headed to Utah/CO/AZ for tournaments, Unsanctioned (no coaches) scrimmages....

I have not heard of any unsanctioned scrimmages in the Bay Area, where two clubs are playing against one another 11v11. I have kids in two different clubs and they've both gone the extra mile in keeping practices socially distanced. Kudos to those directors and coaches. One of my kids will be going out-of-state to play in a tournament in a couple months. A bit conflicted in making that decision.

I doubt any games/scrimmages will be allowed in the Bay Area for 2020. I do anticipate larger Bay Area clubs sending their high school aged players into Nevada for scrimmage games. Have not heard any news of this yet, just a gut feeling. Crazy to think that teams only 20 miles apart will travel to an area like Reno to play a scrimmage game.

I have not heard of any unsanctioned scrimmages in the Bay Area, where two clubs are playing against one another 11v11. I have kids in two different clubs and they've both gone the extra mile in keeping practices socially distanced. Kudos to those directors and coaches. One of my kids will be going out-of-state to play in a tournament in a couple months. A bit conflicted in making that decision.

I doubt any games/scrimmages will be allowed in the Bay Area for 2020. I do anticipate larger Bay Area clubs sending their high school aged players into Nevada for scrimmage games. Have not heard any news of this yet, just a gut feeling. Crazy to think that teams only 20 miles apart will travel to an area like Reno to play a scrimmage game.
The scrimmages could also be intrasquad where 2 ages compete or even the same age in small sided games. My daughters play in different clubs and I have been pretty happy about the way things have been handled and communicated out. The girls are definitely antsy, but also want to be respectful and cautious

That is kind of what I have heard, just kind of wondering where and what teams are doing to prepare from going zero-100
This is why I think clubs would seriously consider traveling out of State just for scrimmages. Very difficult to play your first game in eight months at a showcase or tournament against teams that have already started their season.

The scrimmages could also be intrasquad where 2 ages compete or even the same age in small sided games. My daughters play in different clubs and I have been pretty happy about the way things have been handled and communicated out. The girls are definitely antsy, but also want to be respectful and cautious

Intrasquad is the way to go however I think it ultimately depends on which County the club is in. San Mateo and Santa Clara county have already issued warnings to clubs that have acted out of protocol. The consequence of being a repeat offender is that you lose access to all your fields. Very harsh penalty.

Today, Alameda and Santa Clara county have turned to "orange" from "Red", but I have not heard any change, or improvement of allowing competition in the youth sports. If we have to wait until it turn to "yellow", then there is almost no hope we could play soccer here in NorCal in 2020.
No doubt many clubs and teams are trying to go out of States and find the opportunity to play...

Today, Alameda and Santa Clara county have turned to "orange" from "Red", but I have not heard any change, or improvement of allowing competition in the youth sports. If we have to wait until it turn to "yellow", then there is almost no hope we could play soccer here in NorCal in 2020.
No doubt many clubs and teams are trying to go out of States and find the opportunity to play...
SCC just opened up indoor dining and churches. My guess is cases will be back to red within a month.

Ugh. Just when it seemed we could turn this thing around.

So, yeah. Vegas and AZ.

NorCal affiliated clubs probably need to be careful. I suspect if they broke State/County guidelines they could be kicked out of NorCal and lose their insurance, etc. I believe traveling out of state to play, via the club, would be in violation.

NorCal affiliated clubs probably need to be careful. I suspect if they broke State/County guidelines they could be kicked out of NorCal and lose their insurance, etc. I believe traveling out of state to play, via the club, would be in violation.
Doesn't that apply to all CA though? So all the SoCal clubs too? I think the entire state is traveling at this point.

Doesn't that apply to all CA though? So all the SoCal clubs too? I think the entire state is traveling at this point.

I think you're probably right, as they're all under US Club Soccer, right?

I think you're probably right, as they're all under US Club Soccer, right?

Good find but I just wonder if that applies to out of state? It specifically states that clubs need to abide by "local guidelines". But- if you're out of state, are their guidelines the ones you need to follow? It's all such a confusing mess!

Good find but I just wonder if that applies to out of state? It specifically states that clubs need to abide by "local guidelines". But- if you're out of state, are their guidelines the ones you need to follow? It's all such a confusing mess!

It's unclear to me if CA prohibits, via youth sports guidelines playing out of state. They disallow it on the inbound, but the language is weird:

"Outdoor and indoor sporting events, assemblies, and other activities that require close contact or that would promote congregating are not permitted at this time. For example, tournaments, events, or competitions, regardless of whether teams are from the same school or from different schools, counties, or states are not permitted at this time."

The 8/3 guidelines are so vague BTW.

Ultimately, I would just make sure this is all good before committing to travel to a different state.

Not that this helps, but US Club Soccer posted this a while back. Some will interpret this to mean that you have to follow CA's requirements even if you go out of state. It is up to the club to self police though it seems.

Q: For an activity that takes place in a different municipality or state than the member/member organization resides or is based, which local and state public health requirements and orders are applicable?

Members/member organizations are responsible to ensure they understand and comply with the requirements and orders of local and state public health authorities applicable to their activities. This means that a member/member organization must comply with the rules and orders of the locality(ies) and state(s): (1) in which the member/member organization resides/is based; (2) where the activity is held; and (3) through which the member may travel while the member is in that locality or state.

I've seen private invite-only workouts with 30-40 players for months now. Same for friendlies, tournaments, & scrimmages throughout region 6. Park rangers are only kicking out games with referees which has affected a bunch of Mexican league games. Aside from that fields have been first come first serve for training where I have seen lots of intraquad stuff by the clubs. Can't speak for all NorCal but that's what I have personally witnessed for months now.

Many will be traveling out of state to tournament in the next 2 months or so. I believe many have said enough is enough. How can 80% of states or so be allowed to have contact in training and play games but we can't. Adults listened for awhile and now they see it's a bit more political than reality. It's sad because it's probably safer to play games in Nor Cal right now compared to traveling out of state often on a plane(many will drive too) and come back home. States like Washington and Oregon are starting contract training/games already or soon. Will that help CA have games since we're more in line with them politically? My guess is similar to all of you. No league games until 2021 I'd predict but hopefully contact training allowed next month or December.

According to the ECNL AZ list, all but one club in nor cal are traveling to Pheonix for a event next month. I'm also curious who goes to mayors cup in December and surf cup in PHX this year. I believe us club insurance will not cover players if games not allowed by local authorities. Parents coverage for their families I'm guessing would cover if something went wrong. What's the most depressing, are youth sports anywhere on the tiers? I haven't seen them and it's a joke in my opinion. At least tell all of us what we need to do in order to have contract in youth sports and games in the future.

Back