Vaccine

Front "page" of CNN Site

"No known mutation can make a virus evade precautions such as face masks, handwashing and distancing"

Uh, this misleading at best. Taken individually, only distancing is always true for this statement for the original COVID virus (much less the more transmissible mutations) - and no one appears to know how much distancing as 6 feet was an educated guess. Taken together, the statement is not always true without appropriate distancing as just mentioned). Sadly, that doesn't even account for rooms that get filled with the virus and someone comes in after that. Junk journalism.

Their dropping like the liars they are. No more cheating or pay to play games anymore. It;s over!!! This is the clean up job and rounding up the rest of the rats that have been cheating us all. We The People Win :) Nothing and no one can stop what is coming. It's all good you guys unless you have been cheating and have not said sorry and stopped. We all have a few skeletons in our closets. Let's not act like no one is guilty of something in their lifetime. It's time to come clean and start this new game where everyone is equal somehow.

The vaccine "solution" isn't looking promising due to variants - and that's an understatement. Given the breakthrough cases we are seeing, it's also laughable that anyone thinks we can keep the latest variant with an R > the delta variant out of the US. It's just fantasy. If I had to guess, masks will be the way in Santa Clara county well into the future. I find it interesting what a different "feel" it was in San Diego a few weeks back compared to Santa Clara. Here, you see the examples of fear every time you take a walk - kids masked while outside, people walking off the sidewalk and onto the road when passing others. It's sad. I feel fortunate that we don't have a young child in school, or we would definitely move elsewhere. The constant fear is just not a healthy environment.

I'll make some predictions. This is all assuming we have a moderate omicron outbreak that does indeed evade the vaccine and pushes out the delta:

-the US economy is already teetering. Even in red states, the supply disruptions will be enough to push things over. Supply chains which have already been stretched tumble and we go into full scale 1970s stagflation
-The red states will try and ignore what's happening but the Ds will feel pressure from certain groups (public health/teachers unions) to do something. Since Biden really is captured to a large degree by these interests groups, he may even be able to use the momentum to push through a modified BBB bill which will exacerbate the stagflation problems. Biden admin, already been thrashed by the federal courts on the vaccine mandates, will go into full conflict mode with the red states
-The blue states under pressure from these groups will put in place some limited restrictions, the harshest affecting kids, including in some major cities and some blue states school closures. We will have a massive mental health breakdown in blue states as many people are close to the edge (ditto for Europe which will see resistance which dwarfs that currently happening).
-The middle 1/3 of the public really doesn't care about policies and just wants to see it over. They rightfully or wrongly blamed Trump for everything that went wrong in 2020 and rightfully or wrongly blamed Biden for not getting better results (even though the Delta was beyond his control). The Ds get hammered in 2022, potentially going into the wilderness for a generation (depending what other things lie down the road for the Rs)
-The vaccine solution is dead given they've gone all in on boosters. A large segment of the public will not tolerate 4 shots.

My caveat is all this assumes an omicron outbreak at least as bad as the Delta (which we don't know if it will push out the Delta and if it's more serious). Different result if it's more deadly and people (including kids) start dying in mass (in which case I think the public will tolerate more restrictions). Different result if early indications that it's a more mild cold take place (in which case I think even the Ds won't listen to the teacher's unions given what happened in Virginia...you already saw the split in the morning conference with Biden and Fauci....if it comes to it I think Biden cuts Fauci loose before the elections).

Front "page" of CNN Site

"No known mutation can make a virus evade precautions such as face masks, handwashing and distancing"

Uh, this misleading at best. Taken individually, only distancing is always true for this statement for the original COVID virus (much less the more transmissible mutations) - and no one appears to know how much distancing as 6 feet was an educated guess. Taken together, the statement is not always true without appropriate distancing as just mentioned). Sadly, that doesn't even account for rooms that get filled with the virus and someone comes in after that. Junk journalism.
You’re overly eager to find fault there. Face masks, soap, and distancing are all useful during flu/covid season. Other than getting your shots and being outside, it’s a solid list.

It isn‘t an ironclad defense, nor is it meant to be. It’s a few small steps that you can do while going on with a normal life. On the scale of putting an air cleaner in the room for poker night.

You’re overly eager to find fault there. Face masks, soap, and distancing are all useful during flu/covid season. Other than getting your shots and being outside, it’s a solid list.

It isn‘t an ironclad defense, nor is it meant to be. It’s a few small steps that you can do while going on with a normal life. On the scale of putting an air cleaner in the room for poker night.

Why do you want to take such excessive steps avoid a cold/flu?

As to the flu, don't you trust your flu shot?

As to the cold, it's part of the human condition. You seriously advocating for people to wear masks to avoid colds in perpetuity?

As to COVID, the last thing you want (particularly if the omicron turns out to be all that), is for people to think they are "safe" having an all night poker night with the windows closed and no airfilter and no vaccine if they use their masks, soap and a little distancing. And we do know for a fact there is a percentage of people who do think that from prior polling/reporting....they are afraid of the vaccine and have been told to trust the mask. If people are going to opt to do the indoor poker night (3+ hours next to each other probably drinking too and pulling down masks), or visit grandma for Christmas, I would think we would want them to make a realistic assessment of the risk. Otherwise, look who's killing grandma now.

As to the cold, it's part of the human condition. You seriously advocating for people to wear masks to avoid colds in perpetuity?

As to COVID, the last thing you want (particularly if the omicron turns out to be all that), is for people to think they are "safe" having an all night poker night with the windows closed and no airfilter and no vaccine if they use their masks, soap and a little distancing. And we do know for a fact there is a percentage of people who do think that from prior polling/reporting....they are afraid of the vaccine and have been told to trust the mask. If people are going to opt to do the indoor poker night (3+ hours next to each other probably drinking too and pulling down masks), or visit grandma for Christmas, I would think we would want them to make a realistic assessment of the risk. Otherwise, look who's killing grandma now.
You always seem to be chasing.

Extreme?

Washing my hands now counts as extreme?

Or is it the outdoor barbecue that makes me a true radical? Beware. I have a big green egg, and I'm not afraid to use it.

I'll make some predictions. This is all assuming we have a moderate omicron outbreak that does indeed evade the vaccine and pushes out the delta:

-the US economy is already teetering. Even in red states, the supply disruptions will be enough to push things over. Supply chains which have already been stretched tumble and we go into full scale 1970s stagflation
-The red states will try and ignore what's happening but the Ds will feel pressure from certain groups (public health/teachers unions) to do something. Since Biden really is captured to a large degree by these interests groups, he may even be able to use the momentum to push through a modified BBB bill which will exacerbate the stagflation problems. Biden admin, already been thrashed by the federal courts on the vaccine mandates, will go into full conflict mode with the red states
-The blue states under pressure from these groups will put in place some limited restrictions, the harshest affecting kids, including in some major cities and some blue states school closures. We will have a massive mental health breakdown in blue states as many people are close to the edge (ditto for Europe which will see resistance which dwarfs that currently happening).
-The middle 1/3 of the public really doesn't care about policies and just wants to see it over. They rightfully or wrongly blamed Trump for everything that went wrong in 2020 and rightfully or wrongly blamed Biden for not getting better results (even though the Delta was beyond his control). The Ds get hammered in 2022, potentially going into the wilderness for a generation (depending what other things lie down the road for the Rs)
-The vaccine solution is dead given they've gone all in on boosters. A large segment of the public will not tolerate 4 shots.

My caveat is all this assumes an omicron outbreak at least as bad as the Delta (which we don't know if it will push out the Delta and if it's more serious). Different result if it's more deadly and people (including kids) start dying in mass (in which case I think the public will tolerate more restrictions). Different result if early indications that it's a more mild cold take place (in which case I think even the Ds won't listen to the teacher's unions given what happened in Virginia...you already saw the split in the morning conference with Biden and Fauci....if it comes to it I think Biden cuts Fauci loose before the elections).
Here is my "prediction". Covid and its variants will do what it does regardless of restrictions, cases will spike and then go down. The majority will go on with life. The media will continue to fear monger, left leaning politicians will continue to discriminate against children and the unvaccinated. The healthy and the young will continue to have very little risk from the virus. Some will continue to hide at home while others work to deliver their Amazon packages. This thread will average 15+ posts a day.

Not so much a prediction as much as just a continuation of the last two years. It ain't rocket science.

Extreme?

Washing my hands now counts as extreme?

Or is it the outdoor barbecue that makes me a true radical? Beware. I have a big green egg, and I'm not afraid to use it.

One of my brothers went through a hypochondriac OCD phase where he would wash his hands any time he shook hands with someone or touched a surface. So yes, handwashing can be extreme. I suppose it depends how often you do it, and if you think it will truly do anything to stop COVID if you are playing poker with guys indoors on a winter night for 3+ hours.

Here is my "prediction". Covid and its variants will do what it does regardless of restrictions, cases will spike and then go down. The majority will go on with life. The media will continue to fear monger, left leaning politicians will continue to discriminate against children and the unvaccinated. The healthy and the young will continue to have very little risk from the virus. Some will continue to hide at home while others work to deliver their Amazon packages. This thread will average 15+ posts a day.

Not so much a prediction as much as just a continuation of the last two years. It ain't rocket science.
My prediction is the same as always.....

Love or hate: You decide

Ha! You didn't address any of my criticisms of their statement and what you did write is not at all what CNN stated. If they would have stated washing hands and wearing masks can be useful in reducing the transmission of viruses, I wouldn't have had an issue.

It's not news - it's advocacy and it is misleading. It's a statement of absolutes. How is this not presented as an "ironclad defense"? "No known mutation can make a virus evade precautions ...". It gives a false sense of security and wasn't true for the original COVID virus much less more transmissible mutations.

Maybe you are overly eager to put a stamp of approval on anything that encourages the wearing of masks - misleading or not. Not everyone is predisposed to unquestioningly trust people who are willing to manipulate them. You lose their trust with statements like that.

Agree with a lot of the sentiment but here's what I think is different. If this is anything like a new delta quite a few things (the economy, the Biden administration, the mental health of a segment of society, parents with kids in closed schools, the vaccination strategy) are close to the end of their ropes. If this thing is just more of the same, I agree. If this thing is even something as bad as a "new delta" or delta-type wave, the health authorities will feel obligated to "do something" and that something causes a few wheels to go off the rails. That's what I think the markets are pricing in: the possibility that this is a delta or worse * the negative costs it will inflict.

Ha! You didn't address any of my criticisms of their statement and what you did write is not at all what CNN stated. If they would have stated washing hands and wearing masks can be useful in reducing the transmission of viruses, I wouldn't have had an issue.

It's not news - it's advocacy and it is misleading. It's a statement of absolutes. How is this not presented as an "ironclad defense"? "No known mutation can make a virus evade precautions ...". It gives a false sense of security and wasn't true for the original COVID virus much less more transmissible mutations.

Maybe you are overly eager to put a stamp of approval on anything that encourages the wearing of masks - misleading or not. Not everyone is predisposed to unquestioningly trust people who are willing to manipulate them. You lose their trust with statements like that.
Hey fellas, take a look at his bio man. Bill Gates was the last person to pseak with Jeffrey before he went away. I guess Bill was trying to get him to do something and Jeff told him to, "Fuck Off Bill." I kid you not. Look at the crew WHO put the jabs together in record time bro. Bill, Toney and Jeff.
1638299965465.png

Agree with a lot of the sentiment but here's what I think is different. If this is anything like a new delta quite a few things (the economy, the Biden administration, the mental health of a segment of society, parents with kids in closed schools, the vaccination strategy) are close to the end of their ropes. If this thing is just more of the same, I agree. If this thing is even something as bad as a "new delta" or delta-type wave, the health authorities will feel obligated to "do something" and that something causes a few wheels to go off the rails. That's what I think the markets are pricing in: the possibility that this is a delta or worse * the negative costs it will inflict.
p.s. it's why also the markets seem to fluctuate whenever an authority figure comes on and reflects the possibility (Biden's no time to panic v. Fauci's be prepared v. the Moderna chief's this is scary comments). The guess as to the probability figure is moving.

p.s. it's why also the markets seem to fluctuate whenever an authority figure comes on and reflects the possibility (Biden's no time to panic v. Fauci's be prepared v. the Moderna chief's this is scary comments). The guess as to the probability figure is moving.
The message is all over the place and that's why this is the biggest scam and heist ever. I called it, "Grab & Go" and t is calling it, "smash & grab." I'm sure we need more pain before the fence sitters wake up. The Military is the only way to fix this shit. We need to find the truth and then never let this ever happen again. I call upon God to help us and when I make that call, God answers :) Make that call and God help you too :)

Back