Vaccine

Had no idea google was full of MAGA people

NEW: Hundreds of Google employees are petitioning the company to retract its Covid-19 vaccine mandate after executives widened the policy ahead of required office returns.
My pal does contract work with all the top players in Silicon & Seattle and he has to be jabbed twice+boosters to be in good standing with most of the big power players WHO make the pay to play decisions. It's basically understood with a look in the eye that tells everyone how to make money in this system and you best better obey or else you will be outside looking in. Same thing with the public schools, Universities, any health profession and any Bossman WHO has over 100 under him has to obey The WHO. I have another pal that owns a big company and he is selling and retiring. He can't obey the mandates and then be a known liar to his crew under him. "Hey Charlie, get the jab or your fired dude."

Had no idea google was full of MAGA people

NEW: Hundreds of Google employees are petitioning the company to retract its Covid-19 vaccine mandate after executives widened the policy ahead of required office returns.
...funny how that works.

What a great idea for all you paranoid COVID nut bags, you still have time to set this up before tomorrow.

As for me, I'll be leading a loud and proud rendition of "Let's Go Brandon" to a packed house while gnawing on a turkey leg.

Happy Thanksgiving! and hug a root to you lefties.

" ">November 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

...funny how that works.
So many were afraid to come out of the closet as t voters because of what happenned on facebook after HRC lost. The battle lines were drawn and you best be full of hate of the one man, love the black widow only and support her causes, regardless if you even voted in the election. And, you better be willing to pay with soul, to play this fake game of life that is built around fear and cheating with the foundation of lying, mixed in with every kind of hate known to man. Anyone person or group that teaches you to hate first is from the evil side man. No ifs and or buts. It's the truth. It's getting to the big trial next week that has these Rats running for cover. Some are retiring to save face. Popcorn, get some popcorn because this is starting to get really intense.

What a great idea for all you paranoid COVID nut bags, you still have time to set this up before tomorrow.

As for me, I'll be leading a loud and proud rendition of "Let's Go Brandon" to a packed house while gnawing on a turkey leg.

" ">November 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

none of the people suggesting this nonsense are actually doing it themselves

Red lines have been drawn everyone and all they do is laugh. "Hahahahahha" so funny as so many have lost their jobs and now they aren;t welcome to Family Turkey Day. Its starts with family and they want family divided, just like they want our country divided. My wife and I are going to pick up the Out Laws tomorrow afternoon (( both have been Jabbed and both have Alzheimer's and need our help as we are the only ones around this year)) and bring them to spend the Holiday Weekend with us. This clown wants me to test them in my garage with BG's new rapid BS test? You guys are so messed up and look like complete fools and the liars and cheaters that you have always been. Captain Obvious is laughing.

Garage? Not sure where he gets that idea. Call him a loon, but don't assume he speaks for anyone but himself.

Most covid conservative families are all vaccinated and boosted by now. Normal Thanksgiving for us.
The left is the left, the right are the right (radicals out on an island trying to lure others in) and liberals are the new conservatives (the vast middle). Don’t believe the hypemeisters.

This was just too much fun not to post. They recently released the raw data from the Bangladesh mask study. This is a fun read of the mathematical problems behind it. Quick dumbdown is they concluded "masks work!' based on extrapolating a handful of cases. Interesting discussion too which dad4 and I have delved into between reduction in cases and efficiency. I look forward to dad4's critique.

This was just too much fun not to post. They recently released the raw data from the Bangladesh mask study. This is a fun read of the mathematical problems behind it. Quick dumbdown is they concluded "masks work!' based on extrapolating a handful of cases. Interesting discussion too which dad4 and I have delved into between reduction in cases and efficiency. I look forward to dad4's critique.

E=Mc2 is another bs math magician nonsense. I can't wait to teach everyone on here that everything is "zero" and not 1+1. Magnetism is the truth, not stupid Einstein WHO only ate Ice Cream and was just an actor. Dude was used as some genius's who used more of his left side of his brain ((ego)) then others and help helped then create a monster bomb to kill. Oh boy, what a place to live in fear.....

Have no idea what you are talking about, really. But I'll bite. What past experiments? And what's wrong with Joe Rogan? Seems like he has the better of the experts show up on his show. Looks to me like the reasonable person who wants an unbiased look at what's happening in the world should tune into JRE. Nice to have choices right?
Rogan had Gupta on his show after all. It's not Rogan's fault that Gupta embarrassed himself. True, Gupta did not have a home field advantage, but if anything Gupta embarrassed himself because he's not used to debating outside the echo chamber like CNN. It's the reason the View ladies beclown themselves when they are outside their forum too and veto hard debating conservatives in the right leaning seat or strong conservative guests. On the left, figures that regularly challenge themselves with opposing views, like Maher, or Ana Kasparian (who held her own and even did better in a recent debate with Ben Shapiro) do well.

Help!!!

1637855589727.png

Santa Cruz County in California issued a mask mandate for all indoor settings, including private homes, ahead of the holiday season.

The mandate went into effect at 11:59 p.m. on November 21 and requires “all individuals to wear a face covering when indoors regardless of vaccination status.”

“Unfortunately, a potential winter surge appears to be a significant threat to the health and safety of our community,” said Santa Cruz County Health Officer Dr. Gail Newel in the announcement. “As we look forward to spending time with those we love during the holidays, it is important to protect vulnerable friends and family members by wearing a mask indoors.

This dude has lost his shit. WTF kind of board games does guy think we want to play with him? I love you guys but man, this guy is a salesman and he is pitching pandemics and vaccines forever. Come on man!!!

Rogan had Gupta on his show after all. It's not Rogan's fault that Gupta embarrassed himself. True, Gupta did not have a home field advantage, but if anything Gupta embarrassed himself because he's not used to debating outside the echo chamber like CNN. It's the reason the View ladies beclown themselves when they are outside their forum too and veto hard debating conservatives in the right leaning seat or strong conservative guests. On the left, figures that regularly challenge themselves with opposing views, like Maher, or Ana Kasparian (who held her own and even did better in a recent debate with Ben Shapiro) do well.
...left vs. liberal point...classic liberals like Maher are realizing the left is a cancer and rapidly taking over the party... whereas, The View clowns are the left's useful idiot foot soldiers.

...I for one look forward to VA on a National scale next year.

More on the Age Distribution of Covid's Victims
Don Boudreaux

Here’s a slightly modified version of a comment that I left at EconLog on this post by Thomas Firey – a post in which Firey argues that official Covid death counts are likely not overestimated.

Tom:

Your analysis here is solid and important. Thanks for doing it. (While I still have some lingering worry about possible distortions introduced into the data by the point raised by commenter DeservingPorcupine, your analysis significantly weakens my suspicion that the premium paid to hospitals for each Medicare patient listed as having Covid creates a serious over counting of Covid deaths.)

But I want to warn against a possible, although unintentional, misimpression created when you write that

though COVID’s dead were predominantly aged, it doesn’t appear that much of that death toll can be dismissed as simply depriving a few weeks of life from already-deteriorating victims. Again, half-a-million-plus more people died in 2020 than 2019.

“Predominantly” is an understatement. A more-accurate descriptor is “overwhelmingly.” According the latest CDC data, more than half – 52 percent – of Covid deaths in the U.S. are of people 75 years old and older, with 27 percent of Covid deaths being of people 85 years old and older.

Seventy-five percent of Covid deaths in America are of people retirement age (65) and older.

On the other side, only 7 percent of Covid deaths are of people below the age of 50.

Also, the argument made by those of us who insist on the relevance of the undeniable and very steep age gradient of Covid’s serious health consequences does not rest on any claim that most Covid deaths are of people whose remaining life expectancies were only a few weeks. For example, the typical 85-year-old in the U.S. can expect to live about another six or seven years. And so while Covid is more likely to kill an 85-year-old who is unusually ill for his or her age (than to kill a healthier 85-year-old), it’s still unlikely that the typical elderly person killed by Covid had only a few weeks of life remaining. That person likely had several months or even a few years of life remaining.

Covid is real and it really kills. And such a loss of life is, of course, unfortunate. No serious person ignores these deaths or wants them to be “dismissed” as unimportant. Yet two related realities loom that too many people ignored since early 2020.

The first
of these realities is that a disease that overwhelmingly reserves most of its dangers for the elderly should be recognized as such, especially by policymakers and people in the media. But this reality was played down and even ignored, while others who acknowledged this reality denied its relevance. Even now many people act – and seem to believe – that Covid’s risks are general. The mania for closing schools, masking children, and mandating vaccination very much reflect, I think, the public’s continuing failure to understand that Covid poses little risk to the bulk of the population, and virtually no risk at all to children and young adults.

The fact that the typical elderly person killed by Covid had, at the time of his or her death, an expected life span of more than a few weeks is true enough, but it doesn’t begin to nullify the relevance of the reality that the great bulk of Covid’s dangers are reserved for the elderly.

The second
of these realities is that the failure to recognize and act on the distinct age profile of Covid’s effects means that the response to Covid was not only disproportionate to the danger posed by the SARS-Cov-2 pathogen to the general population, but likely harmful to the vulnerable population.

Resources are scarce. By spending these resources indiscriminately across the entire population, these resources were not concentrated – “Focused” (as the authors of the Great Barrington Declaration wisely recommended) – on where they would have the greatest positive benefits.

The following analogy (like any other analogy) isn’t perfect, but it conveys an important truth. Suppose that category 5 hurricane Mortimer devastates New Orleans. If so, the appropriate response is to concentrate emergency supplies on that city. A wholly inappropriate response would be to declare as a disaster area the entire United States and send emergency supplies indiscriminately across the country. If the latter course were taken, the toll of death and destruction from Mortimer in New Orleans would wind up being worse than if the emergency response and supplies were focused on that city.

Also scarce are human attention and fellow-feeling. And so just as calamitously as the failure to focus material resources on the vulnerable, by treating Covid as if everyone is at equal risk of suffering from it, human attention and fellow-feeling were spread too thinly. A mother who believes that her fifteen-year-old son and her 45-year-old husband – and she herself – are as likely to die from Covid as are her 75-year-old parents will not concentrate as much of her loving attention and concern on her parents as she would were she aware that she, her husband, and her son are at much less risk of suffering from Covid than are her parents.

No one will ever be able to say for sure if – and if so, how many – lives were failed to be saved by the indiscriminate, unfocused response to Covid (as opposed to the focused response recommended by the Great Barrington Declaration – and by many public-health experts prior to 2020). But I can’t believe that this number is small.

Back