Vaccine

An economist friend of mine sent to me this photo of a poster that still hangs in the entry way to his children’s elementary school.
thumbnail_IMG-2104-300x225.jpg

My friend, who prefers to remain anonymous, writes:

But it is striking how, two years ago, the sentiment Michelle Obama expressed would have been a cliche. Now it sounds radical.

“You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.”--Michelle Obama's cliche

While I can’t speak for Ms. Obama, I assure you that my favorable posting of her remark was not, contrary to your interpretation, a “rash call to ignore risks.” Of course risks must be accounted for. And also of course, the higher the risk of harm from any particular source, the greater should be the amount of precaution taken against that source.

But this reality – this counsel of prudence – doesn’t mean that it’s acceptable to overreact to any one risk. After all, it’s typically the case that the greater the precaution you take against risk X, the greater becomes your exposure to risks Y and Z. And so if you focus exclusively on risk X you ignore these other risks. Therefore, while you might succeed in your narrow effort to reduce as much as possible your exposure to risk X, you’ll be unaware of your resulting higher – and likely excessive – exposure to other risks.

I posted that photo at my blog as evidence that in a more-sane era – namely, before March 2020 – there was popular understanding that an action is not inadvisable merely because that action entails some risk. Yet too many people today ignore this truth on all matters related to Covid. Too many people today assume that no amount of risk, regardless of how small, of encountering Covid-19 is acceptable – and, therefore, that no price is too high to pay for even the minutest increment of reduction in the risks of encountering Covid.

This attitude is what I call Covid Derangement Syndrome.
I’m convinced that this syndrome poses to society a far larger risk than does Covid itself. Against the latter we have vaccines (and, if we only had the good sense to use it, the option of Focused Protection); against the former we have too few defenses.

Sincerely,
Don

An economist friend of mine sent to me this photo of a poster that still hangs in the entry way to his children’s elementary school.
thumbnail_IMG-2104-300x225.jpg

My friend, who prefers to remain anonymous, writes:
Hahaha! Around here that sentiment can get you labeled as an Anti-vax Trumper but not by anyone who has any credibility.

Professor Crush is teaching a class on: Electricity & Batteries ((Left side of brain)) vs Magnetism ((Right Side of Brain)).

Let's start the class with a Q. Why can any smart Cat go to college and find over 80 degrees to work in the Electrical field but find ZERO degrees in Magnetism? I will wait for your answers.

Brain Tease

Just after daybreak, Jesus stood on the beach; but the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Jesus said to them, 'Children, you have no fish, have you? ' They answered him, 'No. ' He said to them, 'Cast the net to the right side of the boat, and you will find some.

It's in plain site but must don;t want to cross over. They want to stay in the 5 senses ((left brain)). Let GO of Ego and I promise your eyes will be open from being so blind,

Here some visual help for those who are a little slow of understanding. This is hard to grasp so take your time trying to figure out why your on earth. That blue ball in the brain, that's where it all is folks.

1637764913649.png

Paranoid is paranoid. Whether you have past governmental experiments to stoke your fear or Joe Rogan it turns out the same. Although the former has a bit more ground to stand on than the latter.
Have no idea what you are talking about, really. But I'll bite. What past experiments? And what's wrong with Joe Rogan? Seems like he has the better of the experts show up on his show. Looks to me like the reasonable person who wants an unbiased look at what's happening in the world should tune into JRE. Nice to have choices right?

Had no idea google was full of MAGA people

NEW: Hundreds of Google employees are petitioning the company to retract its Covid-19 vaccine mandate after executives widened the policy ahead of required office returns.

Back