To Refi or Not?

Dominic

DA
Staff member
Im at 3.50 for a 30 year currently. Anyone got any leads on good rates?

My dd wants to play soccer games without traveling out of state and you want to talk about refinancing? This is socal soccer forum bro, the #1 place to go for soccer news in the country. This is the Mecca of soccer.

Funny I was looking to refinance again to get a better rate. Found these thus far. Was also going to look at Loan Depot and PennyMac.
BofA 3.0
Chase 2.875
Wells Fargo 2.625

Must be nice to be home owners. I hope you all get the best deal ever. Btw, anybody want to talk about soccer in socal. When do you boys think the girls will be allowed to play for free?

I got a 2.5% 2 months back I paid a point, this month my daughter is getting 2.75, no points in AZ (My guy couldn't do hers). Both are 30 year fixed.

San Diego area, conforming non-jumbo loan. Went from 3.75 to 2.75, no points, no fees, etc. Did extend the term to 30yrs from the 22yrs that were remaining. Roughly a $600 per month cash flow savings.

Other options at the time were 2.75, no points etc. same monthly payment with a 2yr reduction on the term to 20yrs or 25yrs with cash out, roughly the same monthly payment.

I don’t plan on living in this house for more than 15 years, when I no longer need access to the public school district for my kids. But... $600/month over 15yrs is a savings of $108,000 in cash flow over that period. I’m looking at that as a down payment on the next home down the road (plus investment income on that cash saved) and will turn the current property into a rental. I doubt rates will be anywhere near this level by then and will use the added rental income to offset any future home purchase increases in P&I payments while doubling my equity growth in the process with the next property.

N00B thanks for the great posts in both threads!!

I think that what another has already stated is true, those that engage are already inclined to help. That extends beyond soccer related topics. Love the idea of non-political off-topic discussions and appreciate the seeded discussions that avoid politics.

If you aren't planning on moving within the next couple years, get into a 15-year. better.com is amazing.
Let's also not forget to share your house with others in the future. EVERYONE will be offering free rooms to all. It's called sharing with others who have less. Plus free breakfast. In fact, if you have more then one house, give it away. Next year will interesting. I have a friend who has two rentals in socal and has not been paid rent for 8 months from either places. One guy told him to f off and the other family is truly going through difficult times. He truly is stuck between a rock and hard place. He keeps paying the bank because he loves to look at his credit score. It has to be over 800 or he panics and freaks out. He's loaded and can handle the non rent but he's worried how long he has to keep paying. SHARE what you have with others and if you own a house, get ready to share it. 2.5% rates? You have to share just for that reason alone :)

Back