Surf cup throws in the towel...well kind of!

Does Utah Surf have enough high quality fields to host a major event?

Also not a lot of long weekends in Sept/Oct. And not a lot of warm Utah days in Nov/Dec/Jan. They would have had to keep the original August dates and move it out of state immediately. Would have been prescient if they had.
My assumption would be the field cost. They were hoping to use San Diego until they knew they can't.

Reactions: RAM
I'm sure Oceanside, which makes almost all of their revenue from ticketing Marines who drive too quickly, does not care that much about losing hotel room taxes for those two weekends.
I just remember seeing some ticker on Surf's website tracking how much revenue they generated for the city.

My DD's team lost two players who are moving to states where competitive soccer is a go. One is moving to Texas, the other to Georgia. So, if families are willing to move to play soccer, they are certainly willing to give up one holiday for their DD's to play.
Prior to Covid, we lost our sense of balance re the importance of youth sports. Much of that was due to the clubs extending seasons to 11 months of the year, holding tryouts earlier and earlier, raising fees, increasing travel and tournament play, creating an environment that encouraged FOMO, and demanding more and more of our kids' time. Post-Covid, let's not let the clubs bring us back to those unenlightened times. Even only 20 years ago, the environment was more rational.

As an educator, I see all of these kids spending so much time hyper-focused on soccer (or, pick your sport) and wonder, by doing so, how many are passing on becoming the next RGB, ACB or Musk. Time for both? Unrealistic.

Prior to Covid, we lost our sense of balance re the importance of youth sports. Much of that was due to the clubs extending seasons to 11 months of the year, holding tryouts earlier and earlier, raising fees, increasing travel and tournament play, creating an environment that encouraged FOMO, and demanding more and more of our kids' time. Post-Covid, let's not let the clubs bring us back to those unenlightened times. Even only 20 years ago, the environment was more rational.

As an educator, I see all of these kids spending so much time hyper-focused on soccer (or, pick your sport) and wonder, by doing so, how many are passing on becoming the next RGB, ACB or Musk. Time for both? Unrealistic.
Please don’t tell us what is best for kids as an educator; most educators have shown their true colors in times of need (yellow); individual freedoms are being destroyed; kids are killing themselves and are taking drugs at an all time high. In the middle of a unnecessary shutdown that has created immense stress on families, ban soccer? Just sick.

Please don’t tell us what is best for kids as an educator; most educators have shown their true colors in times of need (yellow); individual freedoms are being destroyed; kids are killing themselves and are taking drugs at an all time high. In the middle of a unnecessary shutdown that has created immense stress on families, ban soccer? Just sick.

Seriousley? Educators are the evil empire now? In our School district they surveyed, 9,000parents and only 48% wanted hybrid while the other 50% wanted remote. The fact is there's alot of parents still afraid and would rather have their kids stay at home. I dont agree with this option but we have to respect others.

If kids are taking drugs, that's on you as a parent!!!

I do agree that some parents are going crazy taking their kids often to out of state tournaments. I heard a team that's been in AZ 3 weekends over the past month playing soccer. It's their right to do this but that's a lot of time wasted traveling just to play soccer.

In our School district they surveyed, 9,000parents and only 48% wanted hybrid while the other 50% wanted remote.
I want kids back in school and I was a huge proponent for any number of days of in-person. However, at some schools, like my sons middle school, the hybrid is a complete joke and he is back to 100% online learning. Hybrid was half ass online and half ass in-person which makes a full ass for the education.

Since when does “individual freedom” require others being forced to do something they don’t want to do? You are confusing the term “individual freedom” with “do what I want”, which is the exact opposite of individual freedom you idiot. Oh, and individual freedom also requires personal responsibility. If your kids are taking drugs or considering suicide, that is your fault. Get your s**t together snowflake. Be a parent. They need a good example in these difficult times.

Better lazer focused on their sport than sitting on their asses and on their phones all day. Also keeps them physically healthy and an incentive to stay away vaping etc.

Since when does “individual freedom” require others being forced to do something they don’t want to do? You are confusing the term “individual freedom” with “do what I want”, which is the exact opposite of individual freedom you idiot. Oh, and individual freedom also requires personal responsibility. If your kids are taking drugs or considering suicide, that is your fault. Get your s**t together snowflake. Be a parent. They need a good example in these difficult times.
No one is forcing teachers to teach They are free to leave their job. They were hired to do a job which is to educate and teach children that is not being done via online learning and an effective manner. If they don’t like it, they can quit just like if I don’t like what is being asked of me for my job where I have to go into my place of business, I can quit. But you know what I’ve done… I’ve gotten myself in shape in the last six months, my immunity, I take vitamins and minerals and anything I can do in case I get this disease to fight it. That said, I believe that school should do whatever they can within reasonable need to make sure that their educators feel safe and are protected as much as possible. Just like restaurants do with their workers, grocery stores do with their workers, medical facilities do with their workers and essential other businesses do with their workers. Teachers are essential… They tell us that all the time when they are begging for more money right? They’re not disposable right? That said, I believe that school should do whatever they can within reasonable need to make sure that their educators feel safe and are protected as much as possible. Just like restaurants do with their workers, grocery stores do with their workers, medical facilities do with their workers and other essential other businesses do with their workers.

No one is forcing teachers to teach They are free to leave their job. They were hired to do a job which is to educate and teach children that is not being done via online learning and an effective manner. If they don’t like it, they can quit just like if I don’t like what is being asked of me for my job where I have to go into my place of business, I can quit. But you know what I’ve done… I’ve gotten myself in shape in the last six months, my immunity, I take vitamins and minerals and anything I can do in case I get this disease to fight it. That said, I believe that school should do whatever they can within reasonable need to make sure that their educators feel safe and are protected as much as possible. Just like restaurants do with their workers, grocery stores do with their workers, medical facilities do with their workers and essential other businesses do with their workers. Teachers are essential… They tell us that all the time when they are begging for more money right? They’re not disposable right? That said, I believe that school should do whatever they can within reasonable need to make sure that their educators feel safe and are protected as much as possible. Just like restaurants do with their workers, grocery stores do with their workers, medical facilities do with their workers and other essential other businesses do with their workers.

Try that again using half as many words.

Yes, schools are doing what they can to make sure their teachers are safe. It’s called online education. If you don’t like it, do what you say and quit. Use your “individual freedom“ to homeschool. Or pay for one of the many companies that are handling online education better than your kids’ apparently crappy school district.

Yes, schools are doing what they can to make sure their teachers are safe. It’s called online education. If you don’t like it, do what you say and quit. Use your “individual freedom“ to homeschool. Or pay for one of the many companies that are handling online education better than your kids’ apparently crappy school district.
Unions are keeping California teachers out of the classrooms, not Teachers.

Unions are keeping California teachers out of the classrooms, not Teachers.

That’s right. I forget sometimes that unions don’t represent the interests of their members. It’s all a big money grab and a conspiracy. They’re probably in cahoots with all the youth soccer moguls.

Man, you are persistent in your refusal to take responsibility for your children’s success. You better get back to your Recall Newsom booth outside Target.

That’s right. I forget sometimes that unions don’t represent the interests of their members. It’s all a big money grab and a conspiracy. They’re probably in cahoots with all the youth soccer moguls.

Man, you are persistent in your refusal to take responsibility for your children’s success. You better get back to your Recall Newsom booth outside Target.
Have you ever actually been part of a union?

I have. The election was sprung on us with absolutely no notice that it was happening. No chance for anyone to run, other than the candidate they wanted us to vote for.

Represent the membership? Nope. More like leeches.

I have. The election was sprung on us with absolutely no notice that it was happening. No chance for anyone to run, other than the candidate they wanted us to vote for.

Your personal experience on one occasion was not ideal for you, therefore all unions are corrupt. I see.

Which union?

Better lazer focused on their sport than sitting on their asses and on their phones all day. Also keeps them physically healthy and an incentive to stay away vaping etc.
If it's only a binary choice for your kids (sports or screens), that's your fault and exactly my point. We teachers (this one is teaching in-person btw) try our best to motivate kids at school to spark interest in many different areas. But if the potential future scientist is only getting "laser-focus" and positive reinforcement for their sport achievements at home (not to mention all those holiday weekends on the pitch), well then I guess we'll have another college grad looking to coach youth soccer.

Others are apparently moving there rest of the year tournaments like the major ones around Thanksgiving to out of state venues also

San diego tourism is going to have to open a Arizona Branch or something to give me people directions and booking info. November night are now Tucson nights and you drive until the 10 ends look for some lighten fields and ask yourself where the heck am I?

Back