Surf cup controversy

JabroniBeater805 - I understand where you are coming from and I think you are getting ridiculed a bit too much here. Maybe you should have made it more broad and didn't name the club/age bracket but we are all humans and nobody is perfect.
Thanks. I couldn’t care less about GoldenGate’s ridicule.

I wasn’t the one that created this post - I just chimed in with some insight that I had in regards to this specific team mentioned. That’s all I’m going to say about it because that’s all I know to be factual.

In general though, I think that the conversation about transgender athletes playing in youth sports is an important one to have for a lot of different reasons.

Last edited:
USA used to be the one pushing back on these type of things. Now we're "tip of the spear" so to speak.

I feel bad for the women that are getting physically cheated out of playing a sport.

magazines.jpeg

Uh, in response to a number of eminently reasonable people explaining why this thread should stop, you specifically said that you fully intend to continue discussing specifics in a thread about a 10 year old girl at a kiddie soccer tournament. And no, you don't get to pretend you aren't expressing your personal feelings by labeling them other people's "concerns" or by using passive voice.

Honestly, your and your compadre's kids should be the real subjects that we're talking about. If your little princess can't handle a 10 year old goalie who may or may not be trans, you should prepare yourself for the fact that your kid's soccer career is already winding down. Why is it, exactly, that they can't handle a 10 year old goalie who may or may not be trans? Are they scared of trans girls and, if so, why? Or are they just so lacking in athletic ability (presumably genetic) that you feel like they need every possible advantage to prop up their fragile self-esteem? Do you think if we just pray enough for them, they will become athletic? Or is this all of this about your problem, and not theirs?
Lol now your taking it far I asked a question seems like you have a lot of time to write your big a$$ paragraphs if you think it’s ok then that’s your opinion and that’s fine but don’t come on here talking reckless

If anyone was "triggered" here, it was the clown who got so wound up by the possibility of a 10 year old girl who might be trans at his little princess' soccer tournament that he felt the need to complain about it at a youth soccer website.
Moral of the story of all of this, biological boys dont belong in girls sports. end of conversation.

Lol now your taking it far I asked a question seems like you have a lot of time to write your big a$$ paragraphs if you think it’s ok then that’s your opinion and that’s fine but don’t come on here talking reckless
By "biological boy", do you mean a person born with a penis?

Despite the unfortunate name-calling, it does appear we, as a community, have come to something resembling a consensus that the best way to take this up is with a general discussion, rather than ID'ing a specific player in a public forum. At least I hope that's the case.
I'll admit I love watching my kids win and seeing the joy on their faces. Unfortunately, I've also lost sleep after particularly tough losses. Parents love their babies, and it is pretty normal to want to see them win. It's not the plastic trophy, and it's not the proverbial dad re-living his childhood through his kids. As parents we love to see the joy on our kids faces when they experience success. So it's also not wrong to show concern if we feel that something has taken that from them unfairly.
I'm no scientist, but the athletic advantages of being of the masculine gender seem much more limited before puberty, and perhaps not enough to outweigh allowing a child to play on a team of the gender they identify with. But there are good points on the other side as well, and it is difficult to draw up a bright line rule, when the many facts on the ground can be so subtle. It is an issue our country and our sport will struggle with for the foreseeable future and hopefully the debate can happen with mutual respect on each side. That might be asking too much in the internet era, but this issue particularly calls for the ability to hear each other's take with an open mind.

You came here for the purpose of outing a 10 year old girl whom you claim walks like a boy, all because you're afraid your little princess isn't good enough to get it done and is too emotionally feeble to handle not winning trophies. Seriously, why are we talking about a 10 year who may or may not be trans when we should really be discussing your sad little one? It must be really disappointing that someone like you, who just loves soccer so much that it hurts, has a daughter who is so bad at the sport that you're already looking for excuses to rationalize why she's failing. Gosh, I hope it's just her lack of athleticism and not a problem with her brain that makes her that way.

I remember back a few years when the BU10 State Cup champions featured a girl (the coach's daughter). I saw them play one game. She was one of the better players on that team. I think at that age there is a lot of overlap in size and strength between boys and girls.

Moral of the story of all of this, biological boys dont belong in girls sports. end of conversation.

Moral of the story is that 10 year old soccer tournaments are not important, and teaching children of dumb shits like you some lessons in inclusivity that they clearly aren't getting at home is far more important than propping up the fragile ego of a dad who can't handle the possibility that his ten year old princess might not win a trophy. End of conversation.

This whole post is disgusting, I can't believe a specific child was called out and is being discussed. Shame on the people that run this forum for not removing it. Take a general discussion on gender to the Off Topic Forum if you want, but discussing a specific 10-year old is shameful

Up until around 7th or 8th grade - the girls team that I coached would play a boys team. The girls were very competitive against them and if we played them 10 times, I think we won or tied at least 5 of them.
We played them once in 9th grade and both coaches decided that was the last time we should play. The boys had gotten much to strong and fast for us to compete without someone getting hurt.

Up until around 7th or 8th grade - the girls team that I coached would play a boys team. The girls were very competitive against them and if we played them 10 times, I think we won or tied at least 5 of them.
We played them once in 9th grade and both coaches decided that was the last time we should play. The boys had gotten much to strong and fast for us to compete without someone getting hurt.
So then my question to you as a coach is this- if you're coaching 9/10 year old girls and your team is playing against a boy/transgender girl who has clearly started puberty much younger than most and is playing in a very physical manner, what do you do? And if one of your players is injured as a result of physical play, how do you address the parents on the sideline who no doubt will be upset and say they saw that coming?

Also - competitive level is not an issue. Every concern that I've encountered or heard in a scenario like this is about player safety.

So then my question to you as a coach is this- if you're coaching 9/10 year old girls and your team is playing against a boy/transgender girl who has clearly started puberty much younger than most and is playing in a very physical manner, what do you do? And if one of your players is injured as a result of physical play, how do you address the parents on the sideline who no doubt will be upset and say they saw that coming?

Also - competitive level is not an issue. Every concern that I've encountered or heard in a scenario like this is about player safety.
As a parent of a 14 y/o girl that has primarily played with boys, I respectfully disagree with your risk assessment. Yes, I get that boys are stronger and faster and there is an injury risk associated with girls playing with boys. But, I think many girls are reckless, uncoordinated, and there’s a higher likelihood of being injured playing with girls.

I find it funny when folks tell me that my kid has to adjust to the physicality of the game in the USA, when she has only played with boys prior to playing here. If folks are concerned about player safety, get better refs.

Far from the truth my daughter plays in. It’s team but for you to say a 10 year sucks and non athletic speaks volumes . It was a simple question and like I said you got to much time on your hands to be writing these paragraphs and putting words in people mouth
You came here for the purpose of outing a 10 year old girl whom you claim walks like a boy, all because you're afraid your little princess isn't good enough to get it done and is too emotionally feeble to handle not winning trophies. Seriously, why are we talking about a 10 year who may or may not be trans when we should really be discussing your sad little one? It must be really disappointing that someone like you, who just loves soccer so much that it hurts, has a daughter who is so bad at the sport that you're already looking for excuses to rationalize why she's failing. Gosh, I hope it's just her lack of athleticism and not a problem with her brain that makes her that way.

Moral of the story is that 10 year old soccer tournaments are not important, and teaching children of dumb shits like you some lessons in inclusivity that they clearly aren't getting at home is far more important than propping up the fragile ego of a dad who can't handle the possibility that his ten year old princess might not win a trophy. End of conversation.
Lol I can care less about the trophy you sound so hurt

Far from the truth my daughter plays in. It’s team but for you to say a 10 year sucks and non athletic speaks volumes . It was a simple question and like I said you got to much time on your hands to be writing these paragraphs and putting words in people mouth

It's fine for you subject a specific 10 year old girl to online abuse by either "outing" her or mocking her appearance, but not so great when someone is talking about yours? Sure.

Good question. At 10 years old - most boys aren't anywhere near the stage of puberty where muscle growth is really a game changer. They may be a little more aggressive just because that tends to be the nature of boys vs girls at this age (certainly not all). But I would hope that the referee would treat physical play by all players with the correct punishment. (I think that at this age group - players are allowed way to much physicality. Boys or girls- the team with the kids born in January/February will win games against teams with kids born in November/December due to overpowering them on the ball or being faster).

I think a parent that is complaining about physical play at the age of 9/10 might need to consider a different sport.

There a massive size difference at this age regardless of gender. We can't keep big physical kids from smashing smaller kids. That's the nature of the sport.

Some of those little guys, including my 10 year old, are monsters in their own right. Physical play doesn't intimate them.

Back