Stay and play at Surf Cup Phoenix with rising Covid-19 cases

Wondering what y'all think about it if Surf Cup Phoenix has a mandatory "stay and play" policy in the Covid-19 era and with rising cases in AZ? Seems like hotel elevators, hallways and common spaces could be areas with a higher risk of transmission. Also staying in a hotel means lots of meals out increasing contact or take out which is safer. Seems that renting a house should be available as a safer option for anyone who wanted to go that route.

Wondering what y'all think about it if Surf Cup Phoenix has a mandatory "stay and play" policy in the Covid-19 era and with rising cases in AZ? Seems like hotel elevators, hallways and common spaces could be areas with a higher risk of transmission. Also staying in a hotel means lots of meals out increasing contact or take out which is safer. Seems that renting a house should be available as a safer option for anyone who wanted to go that route.
Surf Cup is over 2 months away so it’s hard to extrapolate what’s happening today to that far ahead. My recommendation would be AirBnB a house rather than a hotel, that has been how we have handled the travel.

I have a feeling we are about to see a wide spread shutdown of soccer across the country pretty soon. I wouldn't be shocked if upcoming tournaments over the next 4-6 weeks are canceled.
(No inside information other than the general news of covid infections increasing and hospital beds getting full)

I have a feeling we are about to see a wide spread shutdown of soccer across the country pretty soon. I wouldn't be shocked if upcoming tournaments over the next 4-6 weeks are canceled.
(No inside information other than the general news of covid infections increasing and hospital beds getting full)

All of my friends and family that work in hospitals say they have very few Covid cases now, at least in San Diego. Hospital beds are not full in San Diego, maybe where you are from.

Stay and play means mandatory booking in a tournament hotel, very few exceptions. So Airbnb wouldn’t be an option if they enforce this.

Our county is on the verge of sliding back into Red, (we're in Orange but half that time we've been back to Red numbers!) as it's a direct result of all our schools opening. That's not a surprise- people in close quarters are how this thing spreads. All that to say, unfortunately I can see them tightening the ropes on things. And like the PP, I have no insider info, just observing my area in NorCal.

Way to start another negative post. Now go and hide in the basement.

Our county is on the verge of sliding back into Red, (we're in Orange but half that time we've been back to Red numbers!) as it's a direct result of all our schools opening.
Wrong.

There have been a variety of reports on this.

Here is one from just a few days ago.

I bet you're right coach buck.

Wrong.

There have been a variety of reports on this.

Here is one from just a few days ago.

Not speaking in absolutes- I think I even said "in my area."

Our district keeps a dashboard of teachers/students with a positive. Not sure why everyone on this board is always looking to argue. It's so odd!

It's not a negative post. It's more of a libertarian post about letting us have the choice to stay where we deem safest for our families vs. where some tourney looking to get 20% commission says we have to stay.
if you would put it this way, without mentioning "Seems like hotel elevators, hallways and common spaces could be areas with a higher risk of transmission. Also staying in a hotel means lots of meals out increasing contact or take out which is safer...." I would probably agree, otherwise it is another negative post.

Agreed. I feel like we will be fortunate to get in the ECNL Showcase in Phoenix starting two weeks from tomorrow. Same disclaimer, I have no inside information, and if you ask my wife, no real knowledge in general.

if you would put it this way, without mentioning "Seems like hotel elevators, hallways and common spaces could be areas with a higher risk of transmission. Also staying in a hotel means lots of meals out increasing contact or take out which is safer...." I would probably agree, otherwise it is another negative post.
Honestly, I don't think it matters. There are certain posters (or keyboard warriors,) that are determined to try and twist words to fit their narrative. And let's face it- the entire pandemic is negative. Not sure how you can spin it any other way.

Honestly, I don't think it matters. There are certain posters (or keyboard warriors,) that are determined to try and twist words to fit their narrative. And let's face it- the entire pandemic is negative. Not sure how you can spin it any other way.
I don't think you need to spin anything. If someone don't like something - don't do it. Period. Amen.

I’d stay where you want. They’re going to have an impossible time enforcing it in the current environment.

We are a few weeks (3weeks Approx) behind europe, so if there going to be a wave then well know pretty soon. I hope not cause I look forward to these out of state trips.
Similar to spain and italy, they reason their cases went up is the young adults between the ages of 18-30 continued to go on holiday this whole time and now there seeing major increases out there but little #s death wise.
Im only say what Im being told from my partners overseas.
I like everyone else on here is hoping for the best and wear my mask so i do my part.
But with Arizona being the new toilet papers, everyone has to do it , wowowoozie, the great park may be a melting pot in a month!!!!

I have stayed in plenty of hotels in the past few months. The most recent had a rule that only two people could ride in an elevator at a time, unless they were from the same family. Community gathering places in the hotels are shut down. Pools are limited to 10 people max. Housekeeping does not come into your room until you check out (unless you request them to). Masks are required. These are just some examples. You also do not need to eat in restaurants. You order food, have it picked up or delivered to the hotel, and each player takes their plate back to the room. In AZ you can set up the food outside, too. It is always nice out.

Back