Some data on Covid-19 and why we're not over reacting...

Many more than vote for your people. And when they see that Mnuchin wants to bail out CEO's with zero conditions requiring the money go to the workforce and Trump blowing every opportunity to lead, by saying, e.g., that the stimulus will be real and effective and the USA won't let its people down at a time like this, the GOP won't have much of a November. Sorry, bud.
The great white hope.

So far the mortality rate among those confirmed with the disease is somewhere between 4% and 14% in China, depending on the results of those still in treatment. In South Korea the numbers are a little better (somewhere above 1.3%, with the majority of cases still in treatment), but they had a heads-up from what was happening in China and a high-tech way to backtrack where those with the disease had been in order to warn those they might have infected.
And the mortality rate in the u.s. is 1.2% with people over 70 with health problems inflating the % higher than what the majority of the population should worry about.

Cue crying baby emoji.
I guess you dont care that democrat leadership are blocking this coronavirus relief bill because they want to slip in provisions that have nothing to do with dealing with this lockdown. People are losing jobs, up to 20% unemployment projected if relief doesnt come. Democrat leadership are playing games with people's lives. Joke about it all you want, but if you think this is ok, we clearly know where you stand. Stop pretending you care about people.

Many more than vote for your people. And when they see that Mnuchin wants to bail out CEO's with zero conditions requiring the money go to the workforce and Trump blowing every opportunity to lead, by saying, e.g., that the stimulus will be real and effective and the USA won't let its people down at a time like this, the GOP won't have much of a November. Sorry, bud.
So you are perfectly fine delaying relief that people need? As if this bill wouldn't help people keep their jobs and/or make sure businesses stay in business after this lockdown is over. Businesses hire people that provide income for the long run. Government checks dont last long and is no where near what people need to survive. If you think handouts are a good long term plan then clearly you are in the mindset that giving a man a fish is much better than teaching them how to fish.

Where do you get the 40,000 a day number from?
Fyi, the live graph I posted from politico shows over 60k tests were conducted in the last 24 hours. Were at over 367k tests conducted since the outbreak now. That's with politico stating that their numbers may be incomplete. Amazing isn't it? That's with the CDC messing up the initial test kits at no fault of the president or lack of a response team.

And the mortality rate in the u.s. is 1.2% with people over 70 with health problems inflating the % higher than what the majority of the population should worry about.

I'm no epidemiologist, but I am a mathematician of sorts, and it seems to me to be shaky statistics to make any conclusions about mortality rates in a population where the number of new cases is rising much faster than the number of deaths or the number of those deemed to have survived.

I guess you dont care that democrat leadership are blocking this coronavirus relief bill because they want to slip in provisions that have nothing to do with dealing with this lockdown. People are losing jobs, up to 20% unemployment projected if relief doesnt come. Democrat leadership are playing games with people's lives. Joke about it all you want, but if you think this is ok, we clearly know where you stand. Stop pretending you care about people.

...democrat this...democrat that...

I'm no epidemiologist, but I am a mathematician of sorts, and it seems to me to be shaky statistics to make any conclusions about mortality rates in a population where the number of new cases is rising much faster than the number of deaths or the number of those deemed to have survived.
well you can look at other countries like south korea who are almost out of the woods on this issue, and the fact that many people are turned away form being tested because they don't have severe enough cases. the actual number is a lot less that what we are seeing.

So yesterday Trump said one week. In one day he pushed to 3 weeks. He's just flailing, what will he say next? "Memorial Day, that's a beautiful day."
He's toast.

Yeah... Trump is "toast"... he's going to lose to THIS guy:

Whenever you get beat up by the facts, you fall into t mode of blaming a partisan conspiracy.

In fairness... you know, since you're not a liberal and all... you can't say there hasn't been a conspiracy against Trump since January 2017. Everything he says... everything he does... regardless of results... the democrats have gotten out of bed everyday with a single intention. That's a conspiracy.

Whenever you get beat up by the facts, you fall into t mode of blaming a partisan conspiracy.
you should probably know the facts before you talk. democrat leadership tried to put offsetting airline emissions into a bill to help businesses and people suffering from this coronavirus lockdown. no conspiracy here. just straight facts.

well you can look at other countries like south korea who are almost out of the woods on this issue, and the fact that many people are turned away form being tested because they don't have severe enough cases. the actual number is a lot less that what we are seeing.

South Korea hasn't done anything we couldn't have done, but t insisted for weeks that there was no problem.

In fairness... you know, since you're not a liberal and all... you can't say there hasn't been a conspiracy against Trump since January 2017. Everything he says... everything he does... regardless of results... the democrats have gotten out of bed everyday with a single intention. That's a conspiracy.

Trumpist.

This crisis was t's chance to show he is a leader. He failed.

you should probably know the facts before you talk. democrat leadership tried to put offsetting airline emissions into a bill to help businesses and people suffering from this coronavirus lockdown. no conspiracy here. just straight facts.

Oh, you want fact today -- The Republican leadership tried to give Treasury Secretary Mnuchin half a trillion dollars he could hand out to whomever he pleased, with no disclosure of whom, and with no guarantee it would benefit anyone except corporations in trouble - and the kicker is that t would not state that his companies would not benefit.

Back