Slammers HB Koge

Just a couple years ago

Sounds like your kid is on the HB Koge team because you seem to know alot about the 2 teams. lol How and why did the HB Koge team lose to the Slammers FC team at all if they are so much superior. It's my understanding that Walter Camargo only took the Slammers 06 team a couple years ago, unlike the well established Koge team. The style of play is so much different also. I've seen the Slammers FC team play and they play a beautiful game of soccer with their ball movement, while Gordon and Bull play a direct style of just trying to score goals and win games. They (Santa Margarita), where Gordon and Bull coach, use the same tactic in high school, where a back line player is only allowed to touch the ball once or twice and kick it forward or they are benched. Any truth to that? My daughter has a teammate who plays on that high school team. BTW, didn't HB Koge just lose again to the Slammers FC team about a month ago?
Actually, my dd has never played for HB Koge. She has played on the top team at two different So Cal clubs for about 10 years now and competed against most of these girls. Like I said, Slammers has beaten HB Koge the last two ECNL league games and HB Koge has beaten Slammers the last two Surf Cup games. I was just trying to share my experience having a dd that just went through the recruiting process. Not every girl/family is playing youth soccer with the goal of playing high level college soccer and/or earning a scholarship, but the HB Koge numbers speak for themselves if you are. You can look it up the players and commitments very easily. Regardless of what type of game you think they play, the college coaches are signing these girls and I know for a fact they listen to what the HB Koge coaches have to say. My dd was fortunate enough to get a spot at a Power 5 that she thinks is perfect without the HB Koge name/coaches, but I think the path is easier with those names supporting you.

Just my perspective as a parent of an 06 who has just gone through the recruiting process.
That I want to learn about! Is it As over APs like it is for rowing and waterpolo for the most selective schools? Is it best for D3 selective over average academics for D1 to secure scholarship assuming your kid isn’t going to UCLA. If your DD is on a top 5% team that continually makes nationals and is a starter full time player - on one of the few powerhouse teams … how do take advantage of this? Who are your resources? I’m experienced with Koge and have a lot of respect for the players and coaches - good for you!! I know that team and watched them play.

Is your 06 DD is a senior or a junior? If she's a senior, the ship has sailed already to get a great offer. The official signing day was a couple weeks ago and most programs have already signed their 06's. The earlier you sign usually means the greater amount the scholarship offer is. If she's still a junior, the verbal agreement window opened up several months ago, June 15th, I think. Of the schools recruiting my DD, only UCSD asked initially about her grades. lol Grades don't really play much into the process, they just want to make sure your child covers the minimum requirements. I'm assuming it all depends on how good your DD is.

Just a couple years ago

Sounds like your kid is on the HB Koge team because you seem to know alot about the 2 teams. lol How and why did the HB Koge team lose to the Slammers FC team at all if they are so much superior. It's my understanding that Walter Camargo only took the Slammers 06 team a couple years ago, unlike the well established Koge team. The style of play is so much different also. I've seen the Slammers FC team play and they play a beautiful game of soccer with their ball movement, while Gordon and Bull play a direct style of just trying to score goals and win games. They (Santa Margarita), where Gordon and Bull coach, use the same tactic in high school, where a back line player is only allowed to touch the ball once or twice and kick it forward or they are benched. Any truth to that? My daughter has a teammate who plays on that high school team. BTW, didn't HB Koge just lose again to the Slammers FC team about a month ago?
Beautiful ball movement from Slammers FC? Are you kidding me?
Every single throw in inside the attacking third is thrown 40 yards deep into the 6 yard box by USC recruit J.A. If you consider that “beautiful game off soccer with ball movement”, well, I can’t help you. Same thing happens in high school. Ruining the game, throw in by throw in. Thank god we don’t see this awful tactic at the USWNT level….yet.

Every single throw in inside the attacking third is thrown 40 yards deep into the 6 yard box by USC recruit J.A. If you consider that “beautiful game off soccer with ball movement”, well, I can’t help you. Same thing happens in high school. Ruining the game, throw in by throw in. Thank god we don’t see this awful tactic at the USWNT level….yet.
Wow..you seem very angry. lol The fact that USC recruit forward, J.A., is actually doing the the "thrown in" should tell you something. They are not reliant upon her to score everything. Wouldn't every team, including pro teams, love for someone who can throw in to the 6 yard box from 40 yards out, with the hopes of someone getting a foot or head on the ball? C'mon bro, relax. That's the same team who tied SD Surf in league and in Virginia in the ECNL Finals tournament last season. What about the team's ball movement, do you have any comment on that?

Every single throw in inside the attacking third is thrown 40 yards deep into the 6 yard box by USC recruit J.A. If you consider that “beautiful game off soccer with ball movement”, well, I can’t help you.

Man, just wait till you see what people do with corner kicks.

You think it is ruining the game because she is able to essentially do the same thing with a throw in that most teams do with their corner kicks? C'mon man. There is so much bad out there, this isn't even in the top 100 in SoCal of what's ruining the game.

If you want, I'll start the list of the other 100 things ruining the game...

#1-The Millikan high school girls soccer mom who has been thrown out of games at a high school tournament two years in a row for threatening a referee. Yelling loud enough for everyone to hear yesterday, "If you don't start calling that foul, you and me are going to have a f-ing problem in the parking lot after the game!" She wasn't having a bad day, as the same exact thing happened last year and as she also called a ref a "little b%#*#" in an earlier game. Embarrassing.

You think it is ruining the game because she is able to essentially do the same thing with a throw in that most teams do with their corner kicks? C'mon man. There is so much bad out there, this isn't even in the top 100 in SoCal of what's ruining the game.

If you want, I'll start the list of the other 100 things ruining the game...

#1-The Millikan high school girls soccer mom who has been thrown out of games at a high school tournament two years in a row for threatening a referee. Yelling loud enough for everyone to hear yesterday, "If you don't start calling that foul, you and me are going to have a f-ing problem in the parking lot after the game!" She wasn't having a bad day, as the same exact thing happened last year and as she also called a ref a "little b%#*#" in an earlier game. Embarrassing.
We played a team and one of the dads was being loud + throwing up gang signs. It seemed like he was trying to intimidate parents and maybe the refs as well. His kids team lost and he faded in the background.

That one and random fights by parents are what stick in my mind as some of the things ruining the game.

Fyi, there's a player on my kids team that can almost throw the ball in the goal from the sidelines. Initially our coach took advantage of it but over time they phased out using crossing type throwins. I'm not really sure why seemed like it worked pretty well. I think they just stuck with quick throwins to keep posession + work on number of shots taken.

We played a team and one of the dads was being loud + throwing up gang signs. It seemed like he was trying to intimidate parents and maybe the refs as well. His kids team lost and he faded in the background.

That one and random fights by parents are what stick in my mind as some of the things ruining the game.

Fyi, there's a player on my kids team that can almost throw the ball in the goal from the sidelines. Initially our coach took advantage of it but over time they phased out using crossing type throwins. I'm not really sure why seemed like it worked pretty well. I think they just stuck with quick throwins to keep posession + work on number of shots taken.
Violent soccer brawl under investigation by police (youtube.com)

Not sure if you saw this on the news but this fighting and yelling threats in soccer is insane. This is the same field my dd played and practiced on. I've yelled a few times at ref for not calling the game tight and allowing brute beast to injure players on purpose, but never have I cursed at a ref or threaten a ref. High school soccer is insane as well with crazy gang parents in certain cities. Do we need police at each game now or maybe have the cops ref. Being a ref in socal is becoming very dangerous.

Last edited:
Wow..you seem very angry. lol The fact that USC recruit forward, J.A., is actually doing the the "thrown in" should tell you something. They are not reliant upon her to score everything. Wouldn't every team, including pro teams, love for someone who can throw in to the 6 yard box from 40 yards out, with the hopes of someone getting a foot or head on the ball? C'mon bro, relax. That's the same team who tied SD Surf in league and in Virginia in the ECNL Finals tournament last season. What about the team's ball movement, do you have any comment on that?
Ya I do…cause I was at the game. It was a consolation game. Surf played the bench. I’m sure Slammers did too. Meaningless game. Both teams tactically got beat soundly the previous day. Kinda embarrassing for ECNL Southwest conference.
You missed the point.
Long throw ins of 40 yards are not “beautiful attacking soccer”.
I’m not angry at all, congratulations to JA. She’s a great player.

Pro teams have multiple players on every roster who can use a throw in to send a long throw into the box. C‘mon bro, it doesn’t work at the professional level. Wait, Stoke City and West Brom did it all the time. They both got relegated. Haven’t seen Man City, Barca, Bayern or Arsenal do a long throw in the last decade.

Agree. A throw in like that is just like a corner kick. Very dangerous every time you have the opportunity to do one. Unless you want to see corner kicks played back to the CB and they setup possession. On the women's side corners, crosses, deep throw ins are extremely dangerous.

Back