Silver Lakes College Showcase, Surf College Showcase, November Nights

I just love the fact that his little brain was working overtime spitting out all his useless babble. He must be a real peach at the nieghborhood picnics...if he even gets invited.
I find it amusing that it happens to be Legends(CaliKlines and Swoosh) and Beach (YOU) posters who try and hype up SilverLakes. Have you guys ever been to an a well run college showcase? Oh that's right, Legends and Beach weren't ECNL. So, you don't know, LMAO!

You sure are a Legends hater. You need to get over it already. Not sure what your issue is/was but it's time to move on.
Actually my son played for GFC/Legends for 6 years and DD played for GFC/Legends for 2 years. I know how the club operates, because my wife and I were former team managers at the club. IMO, SoCal Blues and Eagles are both better clubs. I recall when GFC/Legends was still in it's infancy...JH would consult with Bobak about his club, especially after the Legends Boys program left for Chelsea FC formerly LAFC.

You sure are a Legends hater. You need to get over it already. Not sure what your issue is/was but it's time to move on.
BJ, aren't you wondering why Legends didn't have a Boys showcase this past weekend? I'm sure you can figure it out yourself.........if not, here is a hint. It has to do with M and ends with Y.

Well, we could go on and on debating the pros and cons of all the showcases this past weekend. Parents, just remember this: If your DD has talent, regardless of team or what showcase you attend, coaches will come. They will find your DD. Don't get too hung up on all this chatter and nonsense.

Well, we could go on and on debating the pros and cons of all the showcases this past weekend. Parents, just remember this: If your DD has talent, regardless of team or what showcase you attend, coaches will come. They will find your DD. Don't get too hung up on all this chatter and nonsense.
Check this out Livingthedream. I agree with Calisoccer, I would add make sure your DD emails and contacts college coaches though. I know of several players who waited until their HS Jr year to send emails to college coaches and were to late. They still committed to great D3/D2 academic schools though. Remember the 2 cliches; early bird gets the worm and squeeky door gets the oil.

I thought Silverlakes did a fantastic job and the level of play was pretty good. I don't think this will have a major impact on Surf as Surf Cup is a brand and great event for a reason. The long term impact is more likely on November nights as word was the level of play was down at that event. Plus that event is hard on college coaches because of the multiple sites. Saturday had a much better turnout at Silverlakes while to be honest Friday was pretty quiet on the D1 front as far as coaches.

And if you look at schools that only went to Silverlakes vs the ones that only went to Surf, I'd prefer Silverlakes with schools such as Stanford, Northwestern, West Virginia, Berkeley, and Colorado that only signed up for Silverlakes.

I cannot comment on SilverLakes since I was not there, but Northwestern had a women's coach at a 1:00 PM Friday game at Surf, sitting around 20 feet from me holding our team pamphlet. And while I did not hand this coach a pamphlet, my daughter's coach had a conversation with the Cal coach (meaning Berkeley, though my friends who went there seem to call it Cal or California) after her 1:00 PM Saturday game.

Unless you have representatives at both events taking attendance, I would be careful making claims on who was or was not at either event based on posted lists or coach/tournament director say-so.

Oddly enough, the head Women's coach from Northwestern was watching a Beach Academy game on Saturday morning at Silverlakes. Could it be possible that coaches actually know how to move from one venue to another?? Hmmmm????

Check this out Livingthedream. I agree with Calisoccer, I would add make sure your DD emails and contacts college coaches though. I know of several players who waited until their HS Jr year to send emails to college coaches and were to late. They still committed to great D3/D2 academic schools though. Remember the 2 cliches; early bird gets the worm and squeeky door gets the oil.

Don't forget, "A closed mouth don't get fed."

I cannot comment on SilverLakes since I was not there, but Northwestern had a women's coach at a 1:00 PM Friday game at Surf, sitting around 20 feet from me holding our team pamphlet. And while I did not hand this coach a pamphlet, my daughter's coach had a conversation with the Cal coach (meaning Berkeley, though my friends who went there seem to call it Cal or California) after her 1:00 PM Saturday game.

Unless you have representatives at both events taking attendance, I would be careful making claims on who was or was not at either event based on posted lists or coach/tournament director say-so.

Surf Cup and Surf Thanksgiving always has a wide variety of coaches and usually has YNT scouts there too. Why is this even a debate. Let people claim what they want. The proof is right here:

https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/

Don't forget, "A closed mouth don't get fed."
This is a true story. I recall an individual who's opinion was having his DD send emails and calling college coaches was pimping out his DD. His attitude was, if they want my DD the college coaches know where to find her. By her Sr year she still didn't received any offers and ended up uncommitted. Don't let this be your DD ulittle parents.

At the end of the day wherever you ended up, all that matters was if your DD was happy with the coaches that showed up to watch her. It's not a competition on who had the better turn-out, it is about what coaches matter to your DD and were they there to see her play. Both showcases had good turn-outs regardless if it was 100 or 300 coaches, only a handful of them truly matter to the player because it's not all about playing soccer in college it's also about the education and some D2 and D3 schools are better academically than some D1. BTW, my DD played at Silverlake and IMO, it was a nicely run showcase. Parking was good and fields were nice even in the rain.

As of right now, they haven't updated and posted all the results in the November Nights webpage. To me this doesn't speak about a well run showcase.

As of right now, they haven't updated and posted all the results in the November Nights webpage. To me this doesn't speak about a well run showcase.
Thanks for the info. I have sent a message to the management. You can do the same if you like.

I never did hear how proactive your team's players were with emailing college coaches. How many did your son email? Our uncommitted players were required to email 10 college coaches and CC their club coach.

Thanks for the info. I have sent a message to the management. You can do the same if you like.

I never did hear how proactive your team's players were with emailing college coaches. How many did your son email? Our uncommitted players were required to email 10 college coaches and CC their club coach.
I did send an email to November nights people, And some of the boys did send emails (not all); after talking a little more with other parents, one coach did show up. Perhaps they was more but I didn't see anymore and i was looking; I know that rain and playing in the bad fields help us very little; But it really was a shame because We did have a rocky year, you know having to split the team because of the age changes but after a rocky start We finally got the team together and they played their best 3 games of the season.

Surf Cup and Surf Thanksgiving always has a wide variety of coaches and usually has YNT scouts there too. Why is this even a debate. Let people claim what they want. The proof is right here:

https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/

Don't see how that is proof of anything to do with the showcases.

Kind of cool to see that as of 11/29

Legends has 9-2017, 6-2018 and 1-2019 girls already committed. That is really good for a Girls Academy club!!!!

Don't see how that is proof of anything to do with the showcases.

Kind of cool to see that as of 11/29

Legends has 9-2017, 6-2018 and 1-2019 girls already committed. That is really good for a Girls Academy club!!!!

Brian I figured that this would go over a lot of people's head which is why I posted it. Part of the entertainment for me of this forum is seeing how people's take on things changes once reality hits and they realize they were wrong. I know many posters that were pro "Club X" and talked about how great it was and then reality hits and they aren't in the best situation. You as an educator should be able to read between the lines. However, I will explain it just for kicks and giggles. Compare Legends and Surf in terms of college commits. There is no comparison. Surf will always draw in players as they not only have a plethora of talented players but the teams play sophisticated soccer and more importantly the players do well in college. That creates repeat customers. I honestly don't care if people go where they want to go. Everyone has to live with their decisions and their consequences. I have been on these boards for a long time and seen many parents fall for the snake charmer and end up with nothing or something that is not so great. At the end of the day it is about the players which is why Legends homers try so hard to attract them. Surf doesn't have to do that. They just seem to show up on their doorsteps. There is a reason for that...

Brian I figured that this would go over a lot of people's head which is why I posted it. Part of the entertainment for me of this forum is seeing how people's take on things changes once reality hits and they realize they were wrong. I know many posters that were pro "Club X" and talked about how great it was and then reality hits and they aren't in the best situation. You as an educator should be able to read between the lines. However, I will explain it just for kicks and giggles. Compare Legends and Surf in terms of college commits. There is no comparison. Surf will always draw in players as they not only have a plethora of talented players but the teams play sophisticated soccer and more importantly the players do well in college. That creates repeat customers. I honestly don't care if people go where they want to go. Everyone has to live with their decisions and their consequences. I have been on these boards for a long time and seen many parents fall for the snake charmer and end up with nothing or something that is not so great. At the end of the day it is about the players which is why Legends homers try so hard to attract them. Surf doesn't have to do that. They just seem to show up on their doorsteps. There is a reason for that...
MAP, be careful you might be labeled a Legends hater. LMAO!

Back