Sharks ECNL

Congrats to Albion 06 winning the GA 06 National Championship! I was told by an ECNL coach that their team is basically moving over to 06 DMCV Sharks this upcoming season. Makes sense since MW was the teams coach for many seasons prior to his departure to DMVC. Anybody know if that is accurate?

That would surprise me. There are some Albion lifers on that team. Then again, I taught myself long ago to never be surprised by anything that happens in youth soccer.

That would surprise me. There are some Albion lifers on that team. Then again, I taught myself long ago to never be surprised by anything that happens in youth soccer.
Yes, that would be surprising because the current team is substantially different than the one MW coached and won the national championship with as youngers a few years ago, with the notable exception of one YNT player, but Iassume she is one of the "Albion lifers" you mentioned. It also seems doubtful the coach is going to go work for MW when she is in charge of GA at Albion. Finally, why would these players and their coach leave now after winning a championship when they didn't go with MW before?

I
Imagine gossiping about random girls born in 2006 and thinking about where they are going to kick a ball next year

There's a rumor going around that Sharks recently got put on a one year probation with ECNL. Not sure if it's for Boys, Girls, or Both.

This is separate from the (true) rumor that Sharks we're put on probation a year or two ago + why they brought on MW as the Girls DOC to address / fix things.

If entire teams are considering jumping to Sharks to play ECNL look before you leap.

There's a rumor going around that Sharks recently got put on a one year probation with ECNL. Not sure if it's for Boys, Girls, or Both.

This is separate from the (true) rumor that Sharks we're put on probation a year or two ago + why they brought on MW as the Girls DOC to address / fix things.

If entire teams are considering jumping to Sharks to play ECNL look before you leap.
You can say that again. Pats warned my buddy not to leave for Strikers because the Pats top dude told him about some inside information about the Strikers being already booted and no one knew for sure except the higher ups in command. Dad didn't listen and loyalty pays in this sport or the lack there of can ruin your kids chance.

Seems like Rebels are in a worse position than Sharks in SD. Del Mar will put good quality teams together this year which will be much more competitive than in the past. The 07-10 Shark teams will be in the top half of their respective tables. Rebels on the other hand, not so much. There isn't another viable San Diego option to replace Del Mar. Doesn't seem to be another club that isn't bleeding talent, coaches and directors weekly in SD.

Seems like Rebels are in a worse position than Sharks in SD. Del Mar will put good quality teams together this year which will be much more competitive than in the past. The 07-10 Shark teams will be in the top half of their respective tables. Rebels on the other hand, not so much. There isn't another viable San Diego option to replace Del Mar. Doesn't seem to be another club that isn't bleeding talent, coaches and directors weekly in SD.
Just an observation, Rebels sat above DelMar in every ECNL age group accept u13 (‘09’s). Are you banking on the MW affect?

Go Sharks. I am rooting for your success in 2022-2023 and over coming politics and probation. No real rules in soccer. Only one club club wants you out of ECNL and they usually get what they want in soccer. My look into the future see's good things for the Sharks and Karma for others. Be patient. Those who do right and good will win!

You can say that again. Pats warned my buddy not to leave for Strikers because the Pats top dude told him about some inside information about the Strikers being already booted and no one knew for sure except the higher ups in command. Dad didn't listen and loyalty pays in this sport or the lack there of can ruin your kids chance.
Happened to us..

Disagree, primarily due to the fact that Rebels draw from South County where as Sharks sit in Surf's backyard but don't have the recognition or consistent field space. As much as I would like to see them succeed, it's most likely the Sharks keeps going through the cycle of having the occasional exceptional team, but largely playing in the bottom half of the tables at the higher, if not all, levels.

I agree that there isn't an obvious heir apparent to take Sharks' spot in ECNL, but given how poorly they've performed, maybe that's okay. It probably helps Surf field stronger teams and prevents families from getting recruited into teams that shouldn't be competing at the ECNL/RL levels anyway and save them several thousand dollars and lots of heartache every year.

Disagree, primarily due to the fact that Rebels draw from South County where as Sharks sit in Surf's backyard but don't have the recognition or consistent field space. As much as I would like to see them succeed, it's most likely the Sharks keeps going through the cycle of having the occasional exceptional team, but largely playing in the bottom half of the tables at the higher, if not all, levels.

I agree that there isn't an obvious heir apparent to take Sharks' spot in ECNL, but given how poorly they've performed, maybe that's okay. It probably helps Surf field stronger teams and prevents families from getting recruited into teams that shouldn't be competing at the ECNL/RL levels anyway and save them several thousand dollars and lots of heartache every year.
I'm only going on my intuition so take this with a grain of salt and your favorite shot. I felt this same thing when I came on here 4 years ago to tell everyone that the GDA League would be crushed for their misdeeds and lies. I here nothing but good things with Doc MW ((I never met the guy but my best pal down there tells me he's the real deal)) and when good people are in charge, good things will come.

I'm only going on my intuition so take this with a grain of salt and your favorite shot. I felt this same thing when I came on here 4 years ago to tell everyone that the GDA League would be crushed for their misdeeds and lies. I here nothing but good things with Doc MW ((I never met the guy but my best pal down there tells me he's the real deal)) and when good people are in charge, good things will come.
$10 says your best pal has a player on a team that MW is coaching
$20 says that your best pal would say the same things about any coach his kid is playing for

Maybe things will be different this time. History says that they won't.

$10 says your best pal has a player on a team that MW is coaching
$20 says that your best pal would say the same things about any coach his kid is playing for

Maybe things will be different this time. History says that they won't.
You owe me $30. Tell you want, just send a keg to @Eagle33 on crush's behalf. I still owe him for my wishful thinking bet I had with him back a couple years ago Eagle, I still can;t believe the last 2 1/2 years and were going back to mask and forced lockdowns.

I know families with kids that have played for MW, almost nothing but positive things to say about him.

SM is one of the nicest, most genuine human beings you will ever meet with an impeccable pedigree and has been "in charge" since what, 2010?

I question how "in charge" MW is given that they promoted WB from the Boys' side over him a couple of weeks ago.

I know what the history has been and challenges are for the Sharks. It's gonna take more than just one person to turn that club around.

I know families with kids that have played for MW, almost nothing but positive things to say about him.

SM is one of the nicest, most genuine human beings you will ever meet with an impeccable pedigree and has been "in charge" since what, 2010?

I question how "in charge" MW is given that they promoted WB from the Boys' side over him a couple of weeks ago.

I know what the history has been and challenges are for the Sharks. It's gonna take more than just one person to turn that club around.
Does Sharks have to report to a probation officer every month? Do they have to show the PO certain improvements? This is not competitive soccer but more like bullies.

Back