San Diego surf is a joke!!!!

Please please please don’t waste money with surf soccer club SD this club is an absolute joke from there coaching staff to there training at all ages. Unless you are that blind as to level needed then please stay at surf or find a way to get on with there club so it’s saves the rest of us the headache of dealing with you all.
And from what I hear it’s even worse on the girls side I have a younger daughter I would never get involved with surf for her.

Please please please don’t waste money with surf soccer club SD this club is an absolute joke from there coaching staff to there training at all ages. Unless you are that blind as to level needed then please stay at surf or find a way to get on with there club so it’s saves the rest of us the headache of dealing with you all.
And from what I hear it’s even worse on the girls side I have a younger daughter I would never get involved with surf for her.
This post is lacking with anything substantive. I agree with Mic you need to provide specific details.

Three Pleases is not enough. Get on your knees and beg.

What happened?

Relative order of importance:
1. Your player
2. Your player's team
2a. Team's Coach
2b. Team's Players
2q. Team's Parents
3. Practice Location
4. League
5. Club

Ahh gotta love tryouts week.
Exactly

If fact, the SD Surf Club is soooo bad, their tryouts were swamped compared to prior years. So if you don’t like crowds, great fields, excellent coaches, high competition, etc. you should not give them a dime!
While I respect Surf let's not carried away ;).

It seems like maybe we need a separate forum category for "Why I hate Surf". I don't get the interest on talking smack or wanting to hear gossip about other clubs. Most of the issues are just typical for youth soccer and not unique to any particular club.

You mad bro?

Relative order of importance:
1. Your player
2. Your player's team
2a. Team's Coach
2b. Team's Players
2q. Team's Parents
3. Practice Location
4. League
5. Club
That's a solid list. IMO, where club fits really depends. Some clubs are just a name and don't really influence what the coaches do, or in some cases coaches just ignore the influence of a club and do whatever they want regardless of what club pays their compensation. Some Clubs have significant influence over the teams and coaches whether positive, negative or both. Some Clubs have significant influence over the overall atmosphere which can impact the kids, parents and coaches. The Club atmosphere is generally driven by the actions and/or personality of the DOC. When I/we say Club it may be more accurate to say DOC.

My son has only played for 3 clubs and they all had distinct atmospheres which influenced the quality of the product to some extent or another, but Clubs seem to be more similar than dissimilar in most cases. My son's clubs has its faults and the DOC is a very strong personality, but every coach in the club (small club) including the DOC knows who my son is and his strengths and weaknesses, as they do for a at least a handful of players on every team. He's not just another widget to be replaced by a shiny new toy (or at least I'm fairly confident that that's the case).

One of the best clubs in the country. In sports, the most hated teams are the biggest winners. Patriots, Alabama football, Yankees,... should we throw SD Surf onto this list?

From the outside looking in, it seems like San Diego Surf has moved on from the traditional feeder program/development model to more of a recruitment and elevation model. Surf affiliates may operate differently. I could be way off base, but that’s the impression I get.

Back