• LA without day camp guidance

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • OTH under day camp guidance

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OTH without day camp guidance

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ALL No dates have be given

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Tournament or full game play in July or August.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which charts are you looking at? I don't see any data that suggests OC was in red 1-5 days ago.

Being in orange vs red is almost irrelevant as far as soccer is concerned. I noticed our state government finally added "youth sports" to the list of activities/businesses to the blueprint for re-opening. Unfortunately, no matter what tier you're in, it refers to the same August 3 guidelines that prohibits contact.

I'm fine with playground getting higher priority than soccer, but are State employees not capable of multi-tasking to logically address other outdoor activities at the same time?
Youth sports still aren't reflected on what's allowed or not on the activity/tier framework. https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CI.../COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-September_2020.pdf

I guess this could be a good thing (its not boxed into a strict framework), or a bad thing (youth sports aren't even being considered). To me if youth sports isn't "boxed in" it represents a chance for some strong lobbying efforts by the leadership of youth sports organizations. It seems to me I've seen two approaches by sports organizations: 1) F$%# it we're going to do what we want until someone tells us otherwise... i.e. ask for forgiveness instead of permission, or 2) Be good little sheeple and do nothing and hope that someone in Sacto takes up the interest of youth sports...which appears to be the youth soccer organizations' approach.

I agree. Stop the uncertainty and confusion for the teens and young kids. I would shut it all down until Nov 4th. Wake up and see what the next plan is. Be prepared is all I can say. Stay thirsty my friend :)
It's just crazy seeing the discussion about colors, moving back and forth between tiers, not being able to move back if you moved because when you moved then digressed then are being punished for it and not allowed move back... It's nuts.... Talk about minutia mind control of the educated masses. I guess now the virus has managed to understand time and space and will know exactly how to behave ,when to behave and where to behave.

I know I'm sayin this as an outsider. I wonder how many CV19 virus strands have managed to make their way back to CA from all of the AZ friendlies. And vice versa, how many strands have left CA and come here.

I guess this could be a good thing (its not boxed into a strict framework), or a bad thing (youth sports aren't even being considered). To me if youth sports isn't "boxed in" it represents a chance for some strong lobbying efforts by the leadership of youth sports organizations. It seems to me I've seen two approaches by sports organizations: 1) F$%# it we're going to do what we want until someone tells us otherwise... i.e. ask for forgiveness instead of permission, or 2) Be good little sheeple and do nothing and hope that someone in Sacto takes up the interest of youth sports...which appears to be the youth soccer organizations' approach.
#1 seems to be the right approach for clubs, but whoever owns the fields in your area needs to play ball as well. After reading @JumboJack's earlier post on LA private schools, this is what I found online:

One paragraph jumps out at me:
“There have been site visits to some of these schools to ensure that they are implementing the [county’s coronavirus] protocol with proper fidelity and are in compliance,” L.A. County Public Health Department spokeswoman Natalie Jimenez wrote in an email. “Beyond assuring compliance with our orders, Public Health does not have enforcement authority over whether a private school chooses to operate as a camp.”

It's just crazy seeing the discussion about colors, moving back and forth between tiers, not being able to move back if you moved because when you moved then digressed then are being punished for it and not allowed move back... It's nuts.... Talk about minutia mind control of the educated masses. I guess now the virus has managed to understand time and space and will know exactly how to behave ,when to behave and where to behave.

I know I'm sayin this as an outsider. I wonder how many CV19 virus strands have managed to make their way back to CA from all of the AZ friendlies. And vice versa, how many strands have left CA and come here.
shhhhhhhhhhhh

Grams will also struggle and potentially die from a bad bout of the flu. does that mean she never goes out ever again?
Grams can also get a high dose flu vaccine for seniors and NOT die from the flu if she decides to do that. There is no vaccine yet for covid. Hopefully we will have an effective vaccine by spring and good therapeutics.

Grams can also get a high dose flu vaccine for seniors and NOT die from the flu if she decides to do that. There is no vaccine yet for covid. Hopefully we will have an effective vaccine by spring and good therapeutics.
I think you overestimate the effectiveness of the flu vaccine. It is only effective between 40-60% of the time. Varies by year. Clearly not a silver bullet. Gram may just as well flip a coin.

Which charts are you looking at? I don't see any data that suggests OC was in red 1-5 days ago.
Nyt 7 day average has no lag. For the last 7 days, it puts OC at 44 per 100k per week. 6.3 per 100k per day. (Red, because between 4 and 7)

The state window has a 7 day lag. So if NYT shows a bump now that usually means the state window shows a bump next week.

Youth sports still aren't reflected on what's allowed or not on the activity/tier framework. https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH Document Library/COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-September_2020.pdf

always go with #1

Youth sports still aren't reflected on what's allowed or not on the activity/tier framework. https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH Document Library/COVID-19/Dimmer-Framework-September_2020.pdf

Everyone please understand, with Gavin’s new criteria, even with a vaccine, to get to the top/best level it is nearly impossible. And even if it’s at the best level doesn’t mean they will allow outdoor sports. The obvious answer is #1, basketball, softball, baseball have all but ignored any restrictions. Btw SCSDL won’t be happening this year. Parents beware.

Everyone please understand, with Gavin’s new criteria, even with a vaccine, to get to the top/best level it is nearly impossible. And even if it’s at the best level doesn’t mean they will allow outdoor sports. The obvious answer is #1, basketball, softball, baseball have all but ignored any restrictions. Btw SCSDL won’t be happening this year. Parents beware.
how do you know SCDSL isn't happening? doesn't surprise me but curious your source?

In a modern democratic society we are living, it's only a matter of time now before no one will follow any restrictions.

There's a concerted effort underway by a coalition of small school districts, private schools, parochial schools (including the LA archdioses) and charter schools to pressure the LA County Board of Supervisors to grant waivers to at least K-3rd grade elementary school. If you believe kids should be prioritized in the reopening process and live in LA County, even if you don't have a kid in elementary school (I don't), please write to your supervisor today as they'll be making a decision this coming week.

In a modern democratic society we are living, it's only a matter of time now before no one will follow any restrictions.
I'm sure it's happening every day in CA and has likely been happening for some time. Reasonable citizens will willingly participate, endorse, abide by reasonable measures put into place by a government they elected. When it becomes apparent that their is no effort by their government be reasonable, that's when the proverbial shit will hit the fan. Or not - maybe the culture is so deeply rooted that the lemming syndrome will prevail.

At least keep coming out to AZ to play futbol. We certainly appreciate it! And I mean that.

Back