• LA without day camp guidance

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • OTH under day camp guidance

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • OTH without day camp guidance

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ALL No dates have be given

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Tournament or full game play in July or August.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is absolutely a foul, yes, 100% of the time, always. I agree the ref was incorrect. What I am telling you are some of the reasons for why the non-call, that's it. If you are in a close game in a youngers match refs will always call games very very loosely because of the nature of the youngers game. Remember these kids aren't of the age to have the intent to foul. Hold up play? Physical play? Sure. But I can absolutely guarantee that the Beach CB did not go into that collision thinking "I'll take the foul here". They just aren't of the age to be able to make that decision.

I have only very very very rarely seen a ref call a youngers game tight. It just doesn't happen and more parents need to understand this. Youngers refs do not want to influence the game. How many times have you seen a youngers team ship a goal because a line judge misses that last touch before the ball goes out? That's on a decision that they are forced to make. If you got refs calling tight matches on the younger side against kids who are terrifically uncoordinated when they tackle, games would have scorelines of 30-1.
You have no idea how sophisticated a 10 year old kid can be with fouls.

10 year old girls, at the highest level, can absolutely figure out what is a foul, what the ref will call, and make a conscious decision to blast into another player when they think the ref is a pushover.

I’ve watched my kid do it, and I’ve had that exact discussion with her on they way home. She can clearly articulate what the rule is, what the call should have been, and the missed calls early in the game that told her the ref would let it go.

10 year old girls, at the highest level, can absolutely figure out what is a foul, what the ref will call, and make a conscious decision to blast into another player when they think the ref is a pushover.

I’ve watched my kid do it, and I’ve had that exact discussion with her on they way home. She can clearly articulate what the rule is, what the call should have been, and the missed calls early in the game that told her the ref would let it go.
I always felt that at the younger ages, the refs were the ones who needed to "teach" what was acceptable soccer. I can't ever remember the coaches my daughter had spent any time on what was a foul and what wasn't. Refs should call the game as it should be played and players, of all ages, will adjust.

That's intent to be more physical. Players, good and bad, dial up the physicality when the referee is letting them play. That's not what I'm talking about. A 10-year-old simply does not go into a 50-50 ball with the intent to cynically put their opponent on the ground under normal circumstances. They aren't trying to foul - they're trying to bump someone off the ball harder and harder. The expectation from the younger's mind is that their opponent is doing the same thing. You can see it plain as day in the video-- the centerback is expecting the forward to bump her back just as hard and when that doesn't happen, she doesn't have the motor skills to compensate for her momentum, and down she goes.

Of course kids understand fouling and when a referee isn't calling them. They are probing how physical they can be. Example-- we've all seen the youngers games when a forward gets dragged down from behind. The defender is not thinking "I need to put this person on the ground", they're thinking "I need to slow them down" and because they're a younger and don't have the coordination, feet get tangled, or they use too much force on the shoulder pull, whatever, and parents on one sideline all jump up and scream.

That malicious intent doesn't come until later, and soon thereafter the good attacking players have picked up the similarly cynical learning how to embellish the contact.

North OC
Don’t have any details and I don’t really need any.
She is pretty pissed they are practicing but not letting them back in the classroom.
North OC has some tough gammers. I moved my Sr year to Troy and it was big time sports in the Freeway League. Football, Basketball and Hoops. Friday nights were packed with fans.

Some good news, Phase 1 is here
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health will now permit athletic and sports conditioning activities at school sites for youth sports.

Competition still prohibited but at least this start for the county, more places should be available for field use. CIF has a 3 phase approach for a eventual return to play.

Some good news, Phase 1 is here
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health will now permit athletic and sports conditioning activities at school sites for youth sports.

Competition still prohibited but at least this start for the county, more places should be available for field use. CIF has a 3 phase approach for a eventual return to play.
Was there a formal announcement?

Oregon just put return to play guidance that appears to allow league play to resume. It's interesting that they classified soccer as minimal or medium-contact, along with sports like softball, baseball, and volleyball, rather than as a full contact sport such as football, basketball, and men's lacrosse, which are still prohibited. That could be precedent if CA considers distinguishing between certain sports in determining which can play.

https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state....tKaSWvOcVE8uzQ2X4tGlazchm2x615aMSaooO-uHvgNpo

Oregon just put return to play guidance that appears to allow league play to resume. It's interesting that they classified soccer as minimal or medium-contact, along with sports like softball, baseball, and volleyball, rather than as a full contact sport such as football, basketball, and men's lacrosse, which are still prohibited. That could be precedent if CA considers distinguishing between certain sports in determining which can play.

https://sharedsystems.dhsoha.state....tKaSWvOcVE8uzQ2X4tGlazchm2x615aMSaooO-uHvgNpo

High school soccer has been classified as moderate risk by CIF along with baseball, basketball, softball, volleyball, water polo.

High risk is football, wrestling, choir, lacrosse boys, competitive cheer/dance.

Low risk: golf, tennis, x country, marching band, swimming,some track

Our LA school district is having a zoom meeting tomorrow night to discuss the return to school for "conditioning" for students athletes. Wavier and medical clearance required before students can attend but interesting first students allowed back on campus will be athletic releated activities.

Phase 1 is likely cohort sized to 14 per group, no contact, no shared equipment, masks to/from, no locker rooms, 6-10 ft distance at all times, etc

Actual practices will be in phases 2-3 depending on the risk classification.

High school soccer has been classified as moderate risk by CIF along with baseball, basketball, softball, volleyball, water polo.

High risk is football, wrestling, choir, lacrosse boys, competitive cheer/dance.

Low risk: golf, tennis, x country, marching band, swimming,some track

Our LA school district is having a zoom meeting tomorrow night to discuss the return to school for "conditioning" for students athletes. Wavier and medical clearance required before students can attend but interesting first students allowed back on campus will be athletic releated activities.

Phase 1 is likely cohort sized to 14 per group, no contact, no shared equipment, masks to/from, no locker rooms, 6-10 ft distance at all times, etc

Actual practices will be in phases 2-3 depending on the risk classification.

My sons' private schools have implemented already and are practicing. It's as you describe it. They are still holding out hope for football in the new year but in California I'm not optimistic considering its highest risk. Football and lacrosse are doing conditioning but wrestling choice and cheer aren't allowed to meet yet.

Instead of building energy capacity to avert even further energy crisis; he will tax citizens even further by cost of energy and cars. All these cars taxing the grid even further The dude has no leadership ability so he stick his head in the sand.

So does this mean more power outages in the summer? LOL.

My sons' private schools have implemented already and are practicing. It's as you describe it. They are still holding out hope for football in the new year but in California I'm not optimistic considering its highest risk. Football and lacrosse are doing conditioning but wrestling choice and cheer aren't allowed to meet yet.
This is what is so confusing to so many people. At our local school, there is a large community field behind it. There was a football team practicing in full gear and contact just last weekend. It varies so widely!

Instead of building energy capacity to avert even further energy crisis; he will tax citizens even further by cost of energy and cars. All these cars taxing the grid even further The dude has no leadership ability so he stick his head in the sand.

Have we stopped the solar energy program?

Back