President Joe Biden

Is it wrong that I watched the Man City vs Aston Villa game instead of the inauguration? (actually had it on in the background while I worked). I meant no disrespect to Biden, I support our President, but figured I could catch a couple versions on cable news.

I'm not going to mine my twitter feed for you.

I've followed several people since the March riots, starting with Ngo and flowing out from there. Sparling and Hollingsworth are pretty good too. As I said before, I have a wide range of people in my feed, from the Guardian newspaper of the left to Ben Shapiro on the right.

Fox News has Andy Ngo's video in Portland now.

One down, three to go.

Is it wrong that I watched the Man City vs Aston Villa game instead of the inauguration? (actually had it on in the background while I worked). I meant no disrespect to Biden, I support our President, but figured I could catch a couple versions on cable news.

There was little excitement in DC. The action was all in Portland (and perhaps other cities).

I liked Biden's speech. It was great. I like the unity message.

Have not seen though a lot of unity though, starting with the executive orders.

Have also not seen a lot of unity around the country since several antifa protests are underway and a few are already violent despite Trump being gone.

I like that for the first 12 years we don't have a cult of personality around the President. But it makes the media look even more like sycophants given how they are falling over him (and how different the coverage is from 4 years ago).

Biden isn't looking too good.

Had no problem with the gathering size. Would love it if we did it this way in the future.

C’mon, Grace, nothing says “unity” like ripping up the state of the union speech on national television. Libs are the party of love and acceptance.

I’d rather watch that game than J-Lo. But, would have loved to see Garth Brooks giving the ex-presidents big hugs. Had to work.

They always dress that way and carry their skateboards to use as weapons. If you look at their mug shots, these were not the popular, smart, or athletic kids in high school. From a psychological point of view, most probably do it to feel powerful and important and belong to something, when in high school they were none of those things. It also explains why they don't really mid turning against an establishment D....it's not about him, it's about them.
Talk about irony.

Not a peep from the new administration about human trafficking, abortion harvesting, children being raped, tortured and kidnapped and then sold. Nothing!!! Grace liked the speech? Gracie, nothing about the protection of kids? I saw a funeral personally. No hope, no light. Killers of kids are going to be toast very soon. If none of you care about children rights and protection, well then, you wont like it here in the future.

1611235429376.png

For Happy and Watfly owners. I thought of you guys today. My pal just got the boot after 21 years of service. He and the CEO were opposite and the CEO told him to leave. It goes both ways now. My son gets an A every time because writes all his papers with words of fluff to make professor happy. I told my son I would have got an F because I will never sell out. He said he has to get an A. To each his own I told him and I said your playing the game well. I just play different :)

1611236675239.png

Did you know the word "gullible" does not appear in any online dictionary?
So, it didn't happen or it doesn't matter that it happened/is happening? I think at the end of the day, the NW "insurrections" will be considered expected, accepted, and the norm for that part of the country. Once unemployment benefits run out, they'll go back to work and only come out to play when the salmon, owls, and ferns need saving or if the WTO or another pig capitalist organization decides to have a conference in that neck of the woods.

Beyond that, they'll fade away into oblivion. Federal law enforcement can rotate resources in from time to time to get some riot control training or expend expiring tear gas canisters and pepper bullets. Can't have tax payer dollars spent on storing expired stuff....

So, it didn't happen or it doesn't matter that it happened/is happening? I think at the end of the day, the NW "insurrections" will be considered expected, accepted, and the norm for that part of the country. Once unemployment benefits run out, they'll go back to work and only come out to play when the salmon, owls, and ferns need saving or if the WTO or another pig capitalist organization decides to have a conference in that neck of the woods.

Beyond that, they'll fade away into oblivion. Federal law enforcement can rotate resources in from time to time to get some riot control training or expend expiring tear gas canisters and pepper bullets. Can't have tax payer dollars spent on storing expired stuff....
So does this mean there will be no feigned outrage if there are violent protests in other areas where it is not commonplace?

It's wishful thinking to think it's going away. This is what it looks like with the left at the height of its victory and the right at the height of been cowed. I agree it will quiet down a bit now that Biden is safely installed in office, but the surface of this is very fragile and we don't know where the next spark is coming from.

So does this mean there will be no feigned outrage if there are violent protests in other areas where it is not commonplace?

My prediction is there will not be any violent protests in other areas. And if there are, they will be carefully depicted and downplayed. No one cares about ANTIFA. They are a fringe group that stands for fringe issues. No one outside of the NW cares about salmon and owls, ferns, or whether the original starbucks has it's windows broken.

The migrant caravan would have been a Biden policy testing ground but seems Covid is helping the new admin out.

It's wishful thinking to think it's going away. This is what it looks like with the left at the height of its victory and the right at the height of been cowed. I agree it will quiet down a bit now that Biden is safely installed in office, but the surface of this is very fragile and we don't know where the next spark is coming from.

We will see what the future holds, specifically for the NW. ANTIFA is a seasonal or situational movement with very little national spotlight. Historically, seattle and portland PD would tolerate them for a short while then come down heavy handed. Once the national spot light on law enforcment goes away, I'm sure they'll revert to their old ways of responding to the latte crew.

Back