President Joe Biden

If you don't give out decency into the world, don't expect decency back. You don't lose anything by being nice to people.

In the rec.skiing.alpine mess, I tried to be reasonable with people, but those with whom I disagreed took me as an enemy (a lesson I should have learned). Scott Abraham himself threatened me personally and his "lawyer" Bert Hoff (claimed to be Yale Law graduate, but he was obviously horrible at law) threatened to go to my employer. I beat him to it by telling my supervisor what was going on, including a long lesson on what usenet was.

No, apologist. Prison for them, and hopefully worse.

When people like you say you support his policies, first that makes you an a**hole all by itself. Second, it also means you’re willing to accept the worst, most despicable behavior in the history of the presidency for what, so you can obtain slightly less despicable things like fighting marriage equality, or locking chilldren in cages, or “when the looting starts the shooting starts” unless you’re white people staging an insirrection and beating a police officer to death worhcan American flag.

If you want unity and no judgment, start by apologizing for what you did to get us here instead of demanding it from others. You take an insurrection and use it to feel sorry for yourself that people demand accountability. You have none. The American Way.

Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, Lisa Murkowski, I’ll cut them slack.
There's that broad brush thing again. But that's ok, frothing at the mouth usually does that, and causes mis spellin of words.

I guess being an asshole means liking: no new wars in the middle east, redeployment of troops in places where they aren't doing any good, sitting two justices and multiple lower court judges, small business growth, pissing off NATO, supporting Israel, and pro life. Likely all things that piss you off - which is good. Doesn't mean I'm racist (nearly impossible for me to be racists), doesn't mean I'm homophobic, doesn't mean I disagree that racism exists.

The three highlighted above support all of the stuff I highlighted.

Now you go do you.

In the rec.skiing.alpine mess, I tried to be reasonable with people, but those with whom I disagreed took me as an enemy (a lesson I should have learned). Scott Abraham himself threatened me personally and his "lawyer" Bert Hoff (claimed to be Yale Law graduate, but he was obviously horrible at law) threatened to go to my employer. I beat him to it by telling my supervisor what was going on, including a long lesson on what usenet was.

So sad that happened to you. I can see why you'd be like a puppy that's been kicked one too many times.

You took the lesson too deeply, though, and just allowed it to twist you all together. Do you have issues with others saying your are cranky (or is your real life persona very pleasant)? Genuinely curious. I know my father has gotten to be quite the curmudgeon as he got older.

But ultimately, that's why we are where we are. That's why Trump exists. That's why we have antifa riots and Capitol seizures. Because we've forgotten to treat each other with courtesy and decency even though our opinions may differ. And to the extent you've internalized that behavior, however good the reason, you are part of the problem....because the Antifa rioters and the Capitol rioters all thought they had good reasons too. It doesn't excuse it.

This is a great analogy of the D & R dynamic. The Ds think they are in the right. The Ds think they can do no wrong. The Ds think they are on the side of history. They treat the Rs this way because they've been kicked like a puppy one too many times. And eventually the Rs say no more and you get a Trump.

“So many” apparently consists of me and @espola. I think we have a ways to go before we get to the level of Outlaw, Sheriff Joe, Tyrone, Willie, Ricky Fandango, MSK357, and Lavey29. I’m sure I’m missing some. In the end, you just don’t like that I play like a magat and you disagree with espola and can’t handle it that he points out when you’re wrong.
I think we're still waiting for the definition of a MAGAT.

There's that broad brush thing again. But that's ok, frothing at the mouth usually does that, and causes mis spellin of words.

I guess being an asshole means liking: no new wars in the middle east, redeployment of troops in places where they aren't doing any good, sitting two justices and multiple lower court judges, small business growth, pissing off NATO, supporting Israel, and pro life. Likely all things that piss you off - which is good. Doesn't mean I'm racist (nearly impossible for me to be racists), doesn't mean I'm homophobic, doesn't mean I disagree that racism exists.

The three highlighted above support all of the stuff I highlighted.

Now you go do you.

Thanks for the material.

So sad that happened to you. I can see why you'd be like a puppy that's been kicked one too many times.

You took the lesson too deeply, though, and just allowed it to twist you all together. Do you have issues with others saying your are cranky (or is your real life persona very pleasant)? Genuinely curious. I know my father has gotten to be quite the curmudgeon as he got older.

But ultimately, that's why we are where we are. That's why Trump exists. That's why we have antifa riots and Capitol seizures. Because we've forgotten to treat each other with courtesy and decency even though our opinions may differ. And to the extent you've internalized that behavior, however good the reason, you are part of the problem....because the Antifa rioters and the Capitol rioters all thought they had good reasons too. It doesn't excuse it.

This is a great analogy of the D & R dynamic. The Ds think they are in the right. The Ds think they can do no wrong. The Ds think they are on the side of history. They treat the Rs this way because they've been kicked like a puppy one too many times. And eventually the Rs say no more and you get a Trump.

I'm not sad about the experience. Overall, I think I came out on top of the interactions in rsa, just by telling the truth.

I'm not sad about the experience. Overall, I think I came out on top of the interactions in rsa, just by telling the truth.

In the end the measure of ourselves it not who won or came out on top....but what we brought into the world. If there is truth we can never know what it is....Rashomon (or Cobra Kai), take your pick.

In the end the measure of ourselves it not who won or came out on top....but what we brought into the world. If there is truth we can never know what it is....Rashomon (or Cobra Kai), take your pick.

Be sure that you are right, and then go ahead -- Davy Crockett

As for G's implications of me being a racist -- she has so far refused to retract and apologize, instead just piling on more unfounded accusations.

In all fairness, this argument does sound like the same conversation about a certain reply to a hit and run personal story and requests for apologies.

In the last instance we were able to move on.

Can we do the same here in reverse?... I would, ‘off topic’ ain’t that high on my priority list. FYI, I appreciate both of your contributions on the board, above the fold.

In all fairness, this argument does sound like the same conversation about a certain reply to a hit and run personal story and requests for apologies.

In the last instance we were able to move on.

Can we do the same here in reverse?... I would, ‘off topic’ ain’t that high on my priority list. FYI, I appreciate both of your contributions on the board, above the fold.

The distinction there is that NorCalDad acted honorably and neither of us had been trolling each other since the pandemic started. It was easy to call it a misunderstanding and move on.

This has been some time in building with espola. I attempted to act honorably and graciously when he pointed out my mistake on the point of expulsion, he refused to take it, doubling down instead, which is where we are today. I've told him even though it was a misunderstanding, I would be more than happy to apologize to him if he felt somehow I'd put him in a bad light with a racism accusation (that was never my intent)...but that I'd ask that he apologize for his non stop needling and belittling of me and we try to behave better towards each other in the future. He has so far rejected my offer. He has basically said it's more important for him to be right than decent.

The distinction there is that NorCalDad acted honorably and neither of us had been trolling each other since the pandemic started. It was easy to call it a misunderstanding and move on.

This has been some time in building with espola. I attempted to act honorably and graciously when he pointed out my mistake on the point of expulsion, he refused to take it, doubling down instead, which is where we are today. I've told him even though it was a misunderstanding, I would be more than happy to apologize to him if he felt somehow I'd put him in a bad light with a racism accusation (that was never my intent)...but that I'd ask that he apologize for his non stop needling and belittling of me and we try to behave better towards each other in the future. He has so far rejected my offer. He has basically said it's more important for him to be right than decent.

I am right, and just like Davy Crockett suggested, I'm going ahead.

I am right, and just like Davy Crockett suggested, I'm going ahead.
No you aren’t but I wish you better fortune than he had

btw among the lefty liberal types Davy Crockett has gotten a reputation for not being a good guy and basically participating in the taking of Mexico from Latinos. I personally think Davy is great (my older bro went through a frontier phase as a child) but for someone who does not want to be portrayed as a racist it’s not the best thing to hang your hat on

This was your idea of gracious?

I may be Mr. Magoo, but I see through you yeah.
(Stupid fool, old Magoo)
You got a way to suck me in
And then you spit me out again
I try to take it on the chin
But I bump into everything
You know the way to keep me blind
Diggin that silly old grin of mine

Clearly I’m missing some prior context. My comments were in the vein of the recent thread, on both sides.

Back