Prayers to the family

111 degrees... WTF... likely heat related

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL

absolutely unacceptable... I was in airborne school in Georgia.. we stopped training at 105..

That club is awful...FC Golden State needs to be held accountable!

Terribly sad.

This might be a good time to review the following and forward on to your players:
When we have extreme weather like this, I always remind my kids that they should feel free to speak up and ask the coach for a break. The U-little kids might not know to voluntarily ask to be taken out of a game. The older kids know better, but they might think taking yourself out of a game is the wrong thing to do until it's too late.

Does that club usually train at that field?

111 degrees. On a Saturday. With no games to be played for the foreseeable future.
No reason to have practice that day.

No they just started there and normally at night, first daytime practice there I was told 2nd hand by friends of my son who knowns players that where training with them on Saturday.

Really sad and please contribute, the family has modest means:

Please don't jump to any conclusions or try to place blame, that newspaper piece has some things mixed up, errors, or info omitted according to what we heard Saturday. Not going into that so don't ask just respect and mourn for the young man and his family.

I was asking if they usually train there because I was wondering if they secured that field to get around some of the regulations of fields in LA. (Like some OC clubs have done by going to Oceanside)

I'm just heartbroken for the family, I don't understand what in the world was the coach/club thinking? According to this, no one should be raining for the next 10 days.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 10.17.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 10.17.48 AM.png
    287.8 KB · Views: 86
No they just started there and normally at night, first daytime practice there I was told 2nd hand by friends of my son who knowns players that where training with them on Saturday.

Really sad and please contribute, the family has modest means:

Please don't jump to any conclusions or try to place blame, that newspaper piece has some things mixed up, errors, or info omitted according to what we heard Saturday. Not going into that so don't ask just respect and mourn for the young man and his family.

he played on laufa reserve team in past I heard. did you know him. pretty sure you are familiar with his age group. just based on your past posts. maybe your son knew him. very unfortunate and preventable tragedy.

Coaches, clubs and parents need to be reminded that it's the Heat Index (temp.+humidity+exposure) that matters. Folks need to remember these two "rules of thumb": (1) if humidity is between 35% and 50%, add 10-15 degrees, and (2) if exposed to direct sunlight add another 10-15 degrees. Finally, humidity on natural turf in the morning is always significantly higher than the ambient humidity, and synthetic turf radiates heat that compounds field level temperature as the day progresses.

The adults failed this kid... plain and simple... i cant believe a competent coach couldn’t see the signs... no risk mitigation was done... no safety brief was given..

Absolutely negligent!

The sister's tribute to her brother is heart wrenching.

Every summer, my kids play in tournaments and practices in very hot weather. I could always see how exhausted the players were, but I could never imagine something like this happening.

111 degrees... WTF... likely heat related

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL

absolutely unacceptable... I was in airborne school in Georgia.. we stopped training at 105..

That club is awful...FC Golden State needs to be held accountable!
Prayers yes, action taken, hopefully. Parents do whatever they are told because they don't want their kid to get in trouble with the team. Any coach that thinks a training session is important when there's a heat advisory should have his coaching badge removed and the club sanctioned for not giving a shit.

Back