Ponderable

Im with Andy.
They matter and so do you.
There also is critical issue that our police are having to deal with because of our gun culture. No one can win in this environment. This culture negatively affects the black community more than it does the white suburban community but the white suburban community is inflexible in its demands for more gun access. It is what it is. My only thought to help the situation is full formal felony stops with the auto occupants being ordered out of the car and on the tarmac for all traffic stops. In suburbia and inner city.

I really wish I could find out who all was invited to the dinner besides Kissinger and Biden.
This is why I suggested you have someone not only read the article to you, but to also explain them...

"In one December 2010 email chain with Clinton's closest aide Huma Abedin, then-top Clinton Foundation official Doug Band offers names for a State Department lunch with Chinese President Hu Jintao scheduled for January 2011.

On the list were three executives from organizations that have donated millions to the Clinton Foundation: Bob McCann, the then-president of wealth management at UBS; Dr. Judith Rodin, the president of the Rockefeller Foundation; and Hikmet Ersek, the CEO of Western Union.

According to the Foundation website, the UBS Wealth Management USA has contributed between $500,001 and $1 million to the Foundation; the Rockefeller Foundation has given between $10 million and $25 million, while Western Union and its foundation has contributed between $1 million and $5 million."

This is why I suggested you have someone not only read the article to you, but to also explain them...

"In one December 2010 email chain with Clinton's closest aide Huma Abedin, then-top Clinton Foundation official Doug Band offers names for a State Department lunch with Chinese President Hu Jintao scheduled for January 2011.

On the list were three executives from organizations that have donated millions to the Clinton Foundation: Bob McCann, the then-president of wealth management at UBS; Dr. Judith Rodin, the president of the Rockefeller Foundation; and Hikmet Ersek, the CEO of Western Union.

According to the Foundation website, the UBS Wealth Management USA has contributed between $500,001 and $1 million to the Foundation; the Rockefeller Foundation has given between $10 million and $25 million, while Western Union and its foundation has contributed between $1 million and $5 million."

Where is the "for-profit venture"?

There also is critical issue that our police are having to deal with because of our gun culture. No one can win in this environment. This culture negatively affects the black community more than it does the white suburban community but the white suburban community is inflexible in its demands for more gun access. It is what it is. My only thought to help the situation is full formal felony stops with the auto occupants being ordered out of the car and on the tarmac for all traffic stops. In suburbia and inner city.

Use a gun in the commission of a crime & go to prison for 20 years.
Use a gun in the commission of a crime & someone is injured - 25 years to life.
Use a gun in the commission of a crime & someone is killed - life in prison with out parole.

You were doing so well, and then, blammo, you went off the deep end.

Where is the "for-profit venture"?
One more time for you Magoo...apparently your visiting angel has left for the day and the vino is your only companion.

"According to the Foundation website, the UBS Wealth Management USA has contributed between $500,001 and $1 million to the Foundation; the Rockefeller Foundation has given between $10 million and $25 million, while Western Union and its foundation has contributed between $1 million and $5 million."

The Foundation mentioned above is The Clinton Foundation for Profit Venture.
It's easy, give money to the foundation and get invited to a State Department lunch with the President of China...

One more time for you Magoo...apparently your visiting angel has left for the day and the vino is your only companion.

"According to the Foundation website, the UBS Wealth Management USA has contributed between $500,001 and $1 million to the Foundation; the Rockefeller Foundation has given between $10 million and $25 million, while Western Union and its foundation has contributed between $1 million and $5 million."

It's easy, give money to the foundation and get invited to a State Department lunch with the President of China...

If you had a link to a story showing evidence that the Clinton Foundation (a 501(c)(3) charity registered with the IRS) is actually a for-profit venture in favor of any of the Clintons, then that would be a story worth reading.

Use a gun in the commission of a crime & go to prison for 20 years.
Use a gun in the commission of a crime & someone is injured - 25 years to life.
Use a gun in the commission of a crime & someone is killed - life in prison with out parole.
That would make sense if the people being arrested had an understanding of how that would negatively impact their life. It is kind of like mandates for health care. if you mandate that healthcare must be provided than you mandate that people have insurance.

I would agree with your position with the added portion of this.

In possession of a gun that is not registered go to prison for 20 years.
In possession of a gun that is not registered and injures someone, go to prison for 25 years.
In possession of a gun that is not registered and is used to kill someone, go to prison for life.

You were doing so well, and then, blammo, you went off the deep end.
A society that demands open carry and unregistered personal use should bear some of the responsibility for the danger we put our police in. Easiest way to stop these unnecessary deaths is to treat everyone like they are armed and dangerous. I am willing to put up with that inconvenience to save lives. It is worth it to me to keep my family safe.

A society that demands open carry and unregistered personal use should bear some of the responsibility for the danger we put our police in. Easiest way to stop these unnecessary deaths is to treat everyone like they are armed and dangerous. I am willing to put up with that inconvenience to save lives. It is worth it to me to keep my family safe.

I think we should treat everyone as if they are armed and law-abiding, unless we have reason to believe otherwise.

I think we should treat everyone as if they are armed and law-abiding, unless we have reason to believe otherwise.
That gets police killed at an inappropriate rate. That makes them scared (rightfully). That fear leads to more innocent people shot by police. The few minutes it takes for the appropriate stop and removal will save lives and stop the violence and distrust that happens by these tragedies. It also will save cities millions in settlements.

What would you consider the right way to approach someone you are going to piss off who you expect to be armed?

Last edited:

The Clinton Foundation is a not for profit org.

That gets police killed at an inappropriate rate. That makes them scared (rightfully). That fear leads to more innocent people shot by police. The few minutes it takes for the appropriate stop and removal will save lives and stop the violence and distrust that happens by these tragedies. It also will save cities millions in settlements.

What would you consider the right way to approach someone you are going to piss off who you expect to be armed?

Gun drawn.

I am trying to decide if he just doesn't know that, is lying about it, or believed the lie someone else told him (wouldn't be the first time).
I was having that conversation with my Dads wife the other day. I could not convince her that the tax returns are open for all to see and that no money ever went to the Clinton family. They did not need to raid the Foundation. They were getting paid millions for talking after a lunch. She said no one would do that and I showed her an article about Kim Kardashian getting paid something like $100k to go to her own birthday party. It is amazing what people will do to hang out with the cool kids.

I was having that conversation with my Dads wife the other day. I could not convince her that the tax returns are open for all to see and that no money ever went to the Clinton family. They did not need to raid the Foundation. They were getting paid millions for talking after a lunch. She said no one would do that and I showed her an article about Kim Kardashian getting paid something like $100k to go to her own birthday party. It is amazing what people will do to hang out with the cool kids.

Latest Clinton Foundation Financial Report, November 2015, including IRS 990. Salary information starts on page 34.

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/sites/default/files/clinton_foundation_report_public_2014.pdf

Back