Ponderable

So what, in a look at the worst part of the graph, the market capitalization went down by $10 billion.
In the last 5 days, Target's market capitalization has gone up by nearly $1 billion dollars. (That was the word you were looking for; "market capitalization," which is the number of outstanding shares multiplied by the stock price.)

It is a volatile stock, so these swings are common. In a volatile retail stock like Target, market capitalization number shift dramatically on a daily basis.

And you still can't find a causal connection between your "boycott," which nobody knows or cares about, and the market capitalization.

My goodness, you're an angry drunk. Sober up, and try to get your emotions under control.
Maybe that's my problem, I don't drink enough to better serve myself to deal with people who are too busy replying to read what they are replying to.
Typical, elite, liberal, can't wait to show the world how smart they are.

So what, in a look at the worst part of the graph, the market capitalization went down by $10 billion.
In the last 5 days, Target's market capitalization has gone up by nearly $1 billion dollars. (That was the word you were looking for; "market capitalization," which is the number of outstanding shares multiplied by the stock price.)

It is a volatile stock, so these swings are common. In a volatile retail stock like Target, market capitalization number shift dramatically on a daily basis.

And you still can't find a causal connection between your "boycott," which nobody knows or cares about, and the market capitalization.
Yes I can, me and my family don't shop there since the trans BS.
So there is your proof and I just caught you lying.

Yes I can, me and my family don't shop there since the trans BS.
So there is your proof and I just caught you lying.
Well, I have shopped there since the "boycott," though I had no idea that such a boycott even existed. So I guess we just cancelled each other out.

Dude ... nobody cares about the boycott. If Target's price is down it is because of market pressures caused by everything from the effect of internet sales upon retailers to an overall loss of confidence in the market because of our so-called president's personal instability. Nobody even knows about your silly little boycott.

Well, I have shopped there since the "boycott," though I had no idea that such a boycott even existed. So I guess we just cancelled each other out.

Dude ... nobody cares about the boycott. If Target's price is down it is because of market pressures caused by everything from the effect of internet sales upon retailers to an overall loss of confidence in the market because of our so-called president's personal instability. Nobody even knows about your silly little boycott.
It isn't my boycott, even after the beat down in November you can't bring yourself to admit who is running things in this country now.
So it is just a coincidence they are down as much as they are from the date they announced they were letting the unstable, confused individuals use the bathroom stall next to my daughter? I don't think so, Tim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Here are some problems with the logic of your post:

1. Your numbers are false. The stock never went down by "83 dollars," as you claim. The stock has never even reached a high of $83, unless you use pre-split numbers, and since most people don't have enough experience in valuating pre-split and post-split stocks, I doubt that is the measure you were using. The actual drop of about $14 is consistent with the stock's long history of volatility in price.

2. You are arguing that the boycott was the "cause" of a drop in the stock price, and the "cause" of the decision not to expand. But that is a conclusion that not even the author of the article makes. The author associates the events (the stock price and decision came "amid" the boycott), but does not claim that the boycott was causative. Even 7th graders are taught that "association" does not mean "causation."
You mean correlation. Are you saying that a stock with a beta of .42 is volatile?

Not true.

more like multi-causal. A beta of .42 says the stock is anything but volatile. What are it's options doing?

You mean correlation. Are you saying that a stock with a beta of .42 is volatile?
Correlation? Yep, that too. As far as evaluating Target's beta value, are we talking long-term or short-term market swings? Long-term, and adjusting for the retail market sector, I think a .42 is pretty accurate.

It isn't my boycott, even after the beat down in November you can't bring yourself to admit who is running things in this country now.
So it is just a coincidence they are down as much as they are from the date they announced they were letting the unstable, confused individuals use the bathroom stall next to my daughter? I don't think so, Tim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
I don't believe the world's most unknown "boycott" has had any effect on Target's share price. But you just keep on buying at Kohl's if you want to. Nobody cares; least of all the shareholders at Target. Because chances are, they also have shares at Kohl's.

I bought my Super Bowl snacks there last weekend - it's only half as far as 99c store or Smart and Final - and I was headed in that direction anyway.

What was I supposed to be offended about there?

Correlation? Yep, that too. As far as evaluating Target's beta value, are we talking long-term or short-term market swings? Long-term, and adjusting for the retail market sector, I think a .42 is pretty accurate.
For the range you cited .42 will do. I'd like TGT in my portfolio for a lack of volatility.

Back