Ponderable

I like the way the government, while telling people they have to be locked down, also makes sure that labor (ie the people who work for a living), even though they can’t earn for a few months, still has to pay rent and mortgages to capital (capital, of course, earns without working). Even if you’re relieved now from paying, it accrues as more debt.

This must be because the governor is a commie, right Stupid Ricky? Is this stuff over your head?

I like the way the government, while telling people they have to be locked down, also makes sure that labor (ie the people who work for a living), even though they can’t earn for a few months, still has to pay rent and mortgages to capital (capital, of course, earns without working). Even if you’re relieved now from paying, it accrues as more debt.

This must be because the governor is a commie, right Stupid Ricky? Is this stuff over your head?

It appears YOU stuffed your head waaaaaay up your rear while in basic economics/government....

I wonder if this bitch is a lib?
No I don’t, gotta be.

I'd say it depends on what kind of birds the guy was watching. If there are water birds then she's probably conservative as the UES is the most "conservative" part of Manhattan. If it's song birds then they're on the westside, where all the rich liberal people live.

Obviously I think everyone agrees this woman is in the wrong. However as much as I dislike this woman, and find her views distasteful, I'm not sure having her lose her job and making her kids vulnerable to bullying at school... is a constructive long term solution the plague of racism.

Four cops present at the scene have been fired, but the bodycam videos have not yet been made public.

A thought occurred to me when I first read about this - how much trouble would a citizen have gotten into if he had done the right thing and tackled the cop who was killing another citizen?

That's a really good question. If I was to witness a situation like this, at what point can I step in.

I'd say it depends on what kind of birds the guy was watching. If there are water birds then she's probably conservative as the UES is the most "conservative" part of Manhattan. If it's song birds then they're on the westside, where all the rich liberal people live.

Obviously I think everyone agrees this woman is in the wrong. However as much as I dislike this woman, and find her views distasteful, I'm not sure having her lose her job and making her kids vulnerable to bullying at school... is a constructive long term solution the plague of racism.
You’re right about the long-term solution not being helped. But the nature of things like this is that her life is ruined for the next couple of years at least. Deservedly so. But there’s no call for threats of violence.

You’re right about the long-term solution not being helped. But the nature of things like this is that her life is ruined for the next couple of years at least. Deservedly so. But there’s no call for threats of violence.

I don't know. I walk to work everyday across Manhattan (or at least I did) and people say all sorts of crazy things to each other here. In fact the day of this incident I myself was threatened by a homeless guy because he doesn't like white people

I 100% agree we have a problem with race in this country. And I 100% agree it is something we need to work at fixing. I just don't believe throwing people away for a coupe years is the path toward that healing.

"Doc, it hurts when I do this>"

"Then don't do that."

--Heehaw

I don't know. I walk to work everyday across Manhattan (or at least I did) and people say all sorts of crazy things to each other here. In fact the day of this incident I myself was threatened by a homeless guy because he doesn't like white people

I 100% agree we have a problem with race in this country. And I 100% agree it is something we need to work at fixing. I just don't believe throwing people away for a coupe years is the path toward that healing.
The best thing to do in these cases is get all parties involved together at a neutral site, possibly the police station or court house and under supervision have them all talk it out.

She offered him up for death by cop because he had the nerve to be a black man complaining about an off-leash dog. The world now knows about it. I don’t have a problem with her either going to jail or becoming a social pariah for the next couple of years. She earned it.

She offered him up for death by cop because he had the nerve to be a black man complaining about an off-leash dog. The world now knows about it. I don’t have a problem with her either going to jail or becoming a social pariah for the next couple of years. She earned it.
Word!

Back