ODP in California

the “best” are scattered. They are not on Surf A team, that’s just more politics, parents and pay for play.
The Four Important P's in Youth Soccer are: Politics, Parents, Pay 4 Play :) I had sour grapes but not no more. I got sweet grapes now and made some fine wine and then found time with my wife instead. Youth soccer sure grabbed my attention but I moved on after I saw how the game is really being played.

Last edited:
The Four Important P's in Youth Soccer are: Politics, Parents, Pay 4 Play :) I had sour grapes but not no more. I got sweet grapes now and made some fine wine and then found time with my wife instead. Youth soccer sure grabbed my attention but I moved on after I saw how the game is really being played.

Did you not get enough free handouts?

Soccer must be free for everyone to play! Kiddie soccer is more important to society than education and healthcare!

The players were selected during the summer ODP camp, which most EcNL players could not participate at bc they were at EcNL FL and Va tournaments last summer.
The Cal South girls 05 that went to camp were 60-70% ECNL. Only 3 girls made it from Cal South to the West Region team. Washington was most represented with 5 girls that made the West Region Team, all from ECNL. The 18 players representing the West Region was 80-90% ECNL. I believe 1/3 have already committed, and expect 90% of these girls will play on scholarship in college by the time they graduate.

The Cal South girls 05 that recently played in Arizona in Jan. vs other States was 80-90% ECNL. This team won it all. Washington was down because they had planned to go to Florida and were missing the 5 ECNL girls that were part of the West Region team.

It seemed most of the girls that were playing just wanted to represent Cal South against the best from other states. Parents were all great (There was one parent I noticed that was joy sticking his daughter - yes, age 16 and still telling your kid what to do on the pitch).

Back