OC practice paused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which assertion. The 15-20%? I told you go look at the curve of every country. It's what happens. It's a fact. I don't have the time to do it for you, and frankly if you were really interested you'd go out and do it yourselves. To compile it would take a few days and blow up this forum...not worth the effort to pursuade you since your mind is blue pilled anyways....you'll fight anything that tries to unplug you.

The fact that it's mathematical? Don't have any. It's a guess. I think it might also be weather dependent, or a combination of both. We don't know. We do know there's some kind of dark matter. Might be government policy as well, but given the different responses in Socal v. Fl/Tx/Az unlikely.

Nonsense.

Just think of all the money we would have if all the illegals were not here?
Just imagine how much smarter our kids would be if teachers didn’t have to teach illegals English before they can teach them math.
Just imagine what getting rid of all the illegals and their families would do to the obesity epidemic.
Just imagine getting seen at the ER without having to wait behind Jose and Maria who’s healthcare I am funding.
What a wonderful world.

No brother, you’d be hungry.

I think it might also be weather dependent
Yes, this makes a lot of sense to me as a significant factor. I believe NYC got hit with the perfect storm of unfortunate decision making and "perfect" weather for the virus. I have to wonder if the urban areas of Oregon and Washington are going to enter a bad time for the virus come November - February. If you look at Oregon's excess deaths, you'd never know anything was going on. Washington had a bit of a bump, but really looked about equivalent to the flu season of 2017. If you look at the states that have been going through a tough time now (AZ, TX, FL), everyone there has been inside in AC for at least 2 months.

Hey I don't know if I'll get everything right, and I'm certainly NOT an expert (and in this case sort of happy I'm not....you've missed the point that if I were an expert I'd be far less effective because part of their problem is not being able to see the forest through the trees). I do have a rare ability to see the larger picture of things and to process information quickly (I won't tell you my IQ but that also most certainly helps). But again, I stand by my track record in all this....it certainly is better than many so-called experts including Fauci.

I frankly don't care who I impress...I grew out of that a long time ago...that's not my motivating factor which you've also fundamentally misunderstood. It's that I'm fighting the hysteria which is so prevailing and is directly damaging our kids in irreparable ways. If it weren't for the kids, frankly I wouldn't give a damn. But here's something to blow your mind...who has the bigger complex: the one trying too hard, or the one that seems so compelled to point out the first person is trying too hard.

:eek:o_O

No, I think you’re trying too hard. You try to come off very authoritative on too many subjects. Put it this way, why did you try to impress the lawyer, EOTL, with the legal term “summary judgment.” You we’re trying to impress him were you not? The question is why? Do you know how dumb that sounds to a lawyer?

And I was right, you do have some inferiority complex, anybody who counters using their alleged “IQ” is weak. Stick to substance.

Marginal utility, macro utility, slow burn, give me a break. You’re track record v. Fauci’s, in terms of what? Narcissistic personality disorder, that’s my diagnosis. I took a psychology class once,I should know.

Which assertion. The 15-20%? I told you go look at the curve of every country. It's what happens. It's a fact. I don't have the time to do it for you, and frankly if you were really interested you'd go out and do it yourselves. To compile it would take a few days and blow up this forum...not worth the effort to pursuade you since your mind is blue pilled anyways....you'll fight anything that tries to unplug you.

The fact that it's mathematical? Don't have any. It's a guess. I think it might also be weather dependent, or a combination of both. We don't know. We do know there's some kind of dark matter. Might be government policy as well, but given the different responses in Socal v. Fl/Tx/Az unlikely.
You have not provided the causal link between the 15-20% and the drop off. If there is evidence to support that, please provide. Just because the rooster crows in the morning doesn't mean it causes the sunrise.

No, I think you’re trying too hard. You try to come off very authoritative on too many subjects. Put it this way, why did you try to impress the lawyer, EOTL, with the legal term “summary judgment.” You we’re trying to impress him were you not? The question is why? Do you know how dumb that sounds to a lawyer?

And I was right, you do have some inferiority complex, anybody who counters using their alleged “IQ” is weak. Stick to substance.

Marginal utility, macro utility, slow burn, give me a break. You’re track record v. Fauci’s, in terms of what? Narcissistic personality disorder, that’s my diagnosis. I took a psychology class once,I should know.

Time to make a batch of popcorn.

He he. Thanks for this. You gave me a good laugh to end my night.

You have not provided the causal link between the 15-20% and the drop off. If there is evidence to support that, please provide. Just because the rooster crows in the morning doesn't mean it causes the sunrise.

I'm not trying to prove a causal link. I'm only saying it exists. We don't know why and I even conceded that point. My theory is only a guess.

So why does it bother you too much? Again, I think it's the blue pill, which is strange coming from the parent as a goalkeeper. Being the parent of a goalkeeper means exposing our children to danger (much more so than field players) and not just only physical but also emotional danger and the dangers of being toyed with at that position. I opposed my kid's pick of the goalkeeper slot....it's why I'm such an unlikely warrior for my position....looking at me and my history you'd think I would take the position that we should all be locked away until a vaccine. We are such contradiction, you and I.

Funny you are raising this argument when it's the same thing you did with government intervention ----> drop off. I have made no such assertion of causation. I only say when we hit 15-20% there is a drop off and then I ask why. From the pro-lockdown side, I have yet to hear an explanation why Sweden (despite its boneheaded policy) has resolved to where it is today...it shouldn't if unlimited exponential growth were a fact.

I'm not trying to prove a causal link. I'm only saying it exists. We don't know why and I even conceded that point. My theory is only a guess.

So why does it bother you too much? Again, I think it's the blue pill, which is strange coming from the parent as a goalkeeper. Being the parent of a goalkeeper means exposing our children to danger (much more so than field players) and not just only physical but also emotional danger and the dangers of being toyed with at that position. I opposed my kid's pick of the goalkeeper slot....it's why I'm such an unlikely warrior for my position....looking at me and my history you'd think I would take the position that we should all be locked away until a vaccine. We are such contradiction, you and I.

Funny you are raising this argument when it's the same thing you did with government intervention ----> drop off. I have made no such assertion of causation. I only say when we hit 15-20% there is a drop off and then I ask why. From the pro-lockdown side, I have yet to hear an explanation why Sweden (despite its boneheaded policy) has resolved to where it is today...it shouldn't if unlimited exponential growth were a fact.
Bother me? No....just wanting to hear support for your guesses. Since you don't have any, the discussion is complete.

So, it is always 15-20%, except for China, Korea, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Germany, Finland, and any other country that doesn‘t fit your narrative? What you have is a partial pattern, but that is all. there are dozens of countries who got the virus under control well before 15%.

The fatalism argument is not just false. It is also dangerous. Why wear a mask, distance, or wash your hands if the magic 15% is going to happen no matter what?

It is much more accurate to say that infections rise until the disease can‘t reach enough new victims. In some countries, that happens at 15-20%. In other countries, it happens at 1-2% because they actually fight the disease: mask, distance, test, and trace.

You see, at least this sounds like a plan. By the way, have you found the captain yet, or is he in a bunker. Maybe he should have followed your plan. Maybe he should have followed my plan. Maybe he shouldn’t have been a pussy and been the 1st one to abandon ship.

Sorry brother, I won’t allow you to pin this on DemoRats or communists in Cali. None of you have been able to own the fact that this is the biggest and costliest presidential debacle of our lifetime.

like I said the Titanic already hit the iceberg. Now, it’s only a matter of how this catastrophe will measure in the history books.

That's because it wasn't. Record high economy and employment. Only you fucking libtards blame Trump for a worldwide pandemic. Nothing else has worked. You can't possibly embarrass yourselves any worse after Mueller's investigation. Fucking go for it. There's no dignity left to damage.

Our kids aren't playing soccer because you losers don't have any Stormys left in your basement. Just one demented pedo.

So, it is always 15-20%, except for China, Korea, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Germany, Finland, and any other country that doesn‘t fit your narrative? What you have is a partial pattern, but that is all. there are dozens of countries who got the virus under control well before 15%.

The fatalism argument is not just false. It is also dangerous. Why wear a mask, distance, or wash your hands if the magic 15% is going to happen no matter what?

It is much more accurate to say that infections rise until the disease can‘t reach enough new victims. In some countries, that happens at 15-20%. In aother countries, it happens at 1-2% because they actually fight the disease: mask, distance, test, and trace.

Another films: "I grow tired of asking this so it will be the last time". The other countries you cite have not hit their 15-20% threshold. Therefore you don't see it at work. Taking them each at a time:

China: Surely you don't advocate the harsh measures undertaken by China? In Hong Kong, where there are limits still on the ability of China to use its techniques, and where western press still has a presence, they are on their 3 wave. This despite a universal mask requirement, test and trace, and severe limitations. That said...they may have hit the 20% marker in Wuhan...we simply don't know due to the Chinese government's propensity to falsify information. But, few people (outside of yourself) have said a Chinese style system should be adopted here.

Japan: Universal mask usage has been unable to contain the virus and they are now in their second wave and second round of lockdowns. Mind you, I think masks helps, but the Phillipinnes also shows the limits of mask usage.

Korea: Actually shows the limits of test and trace. Despite one of the best test and trace systems, not to mention enforced quarantines, they haven't been able to contain the virus and have periodic outbreaks...like a fire you have to constantly try to smother out but are unable to.

New Zealand: Island...got lucky no superspreader event early....didn't have very many tests per capita but deployed what they had early wisely. Sealed themselves off from the rest of the world and as an island they are able to effectively do that (our southern outbreak is partially fueled by the southern border).

Finland and Norway: Have no mask requirement and the lowest levels of mask usage in the western world.

Germany is probably the most interesting case. If my lockdown theory is correct, they just timed it perfectly. They got lucky with their lack of superspreader events. Weather may be a factor. They have less testing capacity than the US and face mask usage is certainly less compliant than SoCal. Even so, it's experts in the last couple days have warned that like France, they are seeing indications of a second wave, particularly in the east which is less densely populated and wasn't hit as hard the first time round.

Spain: toughest lockdown in the western world and universal mask usage (and no stupid bandanas or cloth masks allowed like here). It's actually the best case against the 15-20%. The rebuttal is that the outbreak is currently mostly in the Catalonia area where the initial wave wasn't as severe. But if Spain accelerates again it will effectively kill the idea there's a breaker at 15-20% (which leaves only weather as a likely indicator, given the Swedish experience, but it would also explain what's happening in Germany, Finland and Norway). Either way, Spain stands as a testament that short of a perpetual lockdown, there's not much anyone can do....because if it's out there Spain has done it.

Now this is just opinion but I actually think clinging to false hope is more dangerous. It leads us to do truly stupid stuff.....like when at least 1/3 of our population has decided social distancing is over and they're not going to do it anymore and completely fill up various parks this weekend with full contact, punishing kids (and not businesses like Downtown Disney or Knotts) by taking their sports and schooling away.

That's because it wasn't. Record high economy and employment. Only you fucking libtards blame Trump for a worldwide pandemic. Nothing else has worked. You can't possibly embarrass yourselves any worse after Mueller's investigation. Fucking go for it. There's no dignity left to damage.

Our kids aren't playing soccer because you losers don't have any Stormys left in your basement. Just one demented pedo.

Another example of failing to look in the mirror. No, we don’t blame him for the pandemic, just the miserable aftermath, you know, the one we’re all in.

“Nothing else has worked, what the F**k does that mean?

Hey, I’m still waiting for those 3 innocent White toddlers. Tik Tok.....Tik Tok......Tik Tok.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back