No Soccer - Bad / No School - Catastrophic!

Charter schools often increase segregation in primary education, even when their stated goal is to remove the geographical attendance restrictions that cause de facto segregation. This is obviously not always the case and in many instances they do help. But they are also often used to perpetuate segregation, especially in the south.

I’m not going to give you an exhaustive list, as you can easily find reasons online. You’ll need to do your own research. It also requires looking at them from the perspective of what is good for education in the U.S. instead of what is best for me, here, right now without regard for how they impact others. I know that is not possible for MAGAts.

Great ad. Don’t forget to give credit to the anti-Trump Republicans who made it.

I think that’s pretty obvious from the link. I have also specifically discussed them in prior posts. They have their flaws, sure, and bear some responsibility for helping create the orange diaper-wearing frankenstein monster that took over their party. But they can create anti-Trump attack ads that Dems cannot get away with, so good for them.

Our local paper is confirming. Las Virginese was set to reopen, rising cases be damned. State health department won't allow them to reopen. Paper says the superintendent "sounded pained" on the phone. This is all the governor which means private schools won't escape either and he's about to crack down on new home schooling for those trying to flee the public schools.
Sounds like tyranny.

I have no problem with private schools. I have a big problem with people who want a private school but aren’t willing to pay for it, so they create a charter school and mooch off the public.
So I guess my family got the free soccer handout and mooched off the public. Thank you 503 club for free soccer for 6 months and thank you Temecula for allowing my son ((Native American)) a choice for charter or regular public. Not all kids fit in public schools and my son was one of them.

Remember CAL who you said was doing it right? They also have the same wave of positives. And like AZ few deaths relative to the increases in positives.

How much do be a wave? I don't know. 3k dead in AZ over the past 5 months. So 600 people a month on average is what that is. Do we shut down a state of 7 million for that? In AZ they calculated around 45% of those deaths were in nursing homes (places where people go in and there is only one way out). So out of that 600...when you take out nursing home deaths...you are a bit over 300 per month...ie 10 people a day. You don't shut down a state based on that.
Its not about averages though. You say you are into numbers, so I'll take you at your word. Mis-representing statistics to suit a narrative is never a good argument IMO.

The majority of the AZ deaths have been in the last 30 days. The peak was 74 on July 7th. There were 56 deaths reported today. There would appear to be a correlation between opening the state back up in May and the second "wave" in June & July which were far worse than the initial one. Maybe AZ shut down too early, or may be not - idk. Fortunately it is trending down.

I don't want the state shut down, schools closed and so on. I want businesses open, people employed; some semblance of normality. I don't want that at any cost.

Q: How many people a day have to die before you support shutting down the state?

Which puts AZ, GA, TX, MS, and FL with the absolutely worst July outbreaks. And you keep asking us to copy them. Why can’t we copy someone who actually has their act together, like Washington State?
I am confused. Just a few posts ago you said you were wrong about GA.

Now they are bad again?

You have been predicting that AZ is going off the rails since we reopened in May. And yet today death wise AZ is fine. As a matter of fact based on deaths, infection per million, death per million AZ is close to GA whom you just admitted you were wrong about.

AZ has not seen the type of numbers you have been predicting for months.

There were 56 deaths reported today. There would appear to be a correlation between opening the state back up in May and the second "wave" in June & July which were far worse than the initial one
So pre opening we were around 28 per day. Going up to 56 in a day in a population of 7 million is an insignificant difference.

To be honest the rise in cases seem more tied to the blm protests in late may/early June. Positives starting really rising a few weeks later.

But in any case AZ went from 200-500 cases per day to 5k cases per day.

We didn't see deaths going up 10x or more. We went from high 20s into high 50s with some days more.

The hype in the press didn't translate into a correspondending amount of deaths.

Had it.. instead of talking cases in AZ, TX, etc they would talk deaths.

So I guess my family got the free soccer handout and mooched off the public. Thank you 503 club for free soccer for 6 months and thank you Temecula for allowing my son ((Native American)) a choice for charter or regular public. Not all kids fit in public schools and my son was one of them.

We know all about you and mooching, no need to remind us. I’m fine if a soccer club throws its money away since they are a private business and it is theirs. Not ok with charter schools, and I’m glad CA is clamping down on them.

I am confused. Just a few posts ago you said you were wrong about GA.

Now they are bad again?

You have been predicting that AZ is going off the rails since we reopened in May. And yet today death wise AZ is fine. As a matter of fact based on deaths, infection per million, death per million AZ is close to GA whom you just admitted you were wrong about.

AZ has not seen the type of numbers you have been predicting for months.

AZ is definitely not doing fine IMO. I guess my question for you is how many people must die in your state before you will agree that AZ is not doing fine?

0A98AD1C-2B38-4552-A2C5-750D0107568E.jpeg

We know all about you and mooching, no need to remind us. I’m fine if a soccer club throws its money away since they are a private business and it is theirs. Not ok with charter schools, and I’m glad CA is clamping down on them.
Since you're all powerful and pretty much right on many topics ((I think know many of your predictions have been spot on btw. I dont get all the rants on my native American dd dd but whatever, that's in the past and i fogive you. You cant be right all the time)). Questions for you. What % do you give Joe to win? Did you predict Hillary or a t upset in 2016?

So pre opening we were around 28 per day. Going up to 56 in a day in a population of 7 million is an insignificant difference.

To be honest the rise in cases seem more tied to the blm protests in late may/early June. Positives starting really rising a few weeks later.

But in any case AZ went from 200-500 cases per day to 5k cases per day.

We didn't see deaths going up 10x or more. We went from high 20s into high 50s with some days more.

The hype in the press didn't translate into a correspondending amount of deaths.

Had it.. instead of talking cases in AZ, TX, etc they would talk deaths.
I've noticed the change in narrative from deaths to cases in the media and I think that's intellectually dishonest and definitely agenda driven.

The protests in AZ were small, relative to a population size of 7M. They contributed I expect, but who knows how much. There were bars in Scottsdale cited due to the crowding and ignoring of common sense. They also contributed, but who knows how much.

I misspoke above on the majority in the last 30 days, its about 45% in the last 30 days, so a running 30-day total of about 1400 deaths.

Some AZ stats

AgeCases% CasesDeaths% DeathsMortality
less than 20 17,193
11%​
0.3%​
0.06%​
20-44 74,676
50%​
5.8%​
0.23%​
45-54 23,346
16%​
6.7%​
0.86%​
55-64 17,793
12%​
14.5%​
2.42%​
65+ 17,396
12%​
72.7%​
12.42%​
Unknown 205
150,609 2,974
1.97%​

I’m trying to figure out what type of people have such disrespect for teachers. MAGAt? White? “Christian”? Gun lover? Anti-vaxxer? Home schooler? What level of education and was it at a real school?
They don’t like education, remember? It’s “indoctrination.”

Back