MLS youth league

Well looks like Nplwest is going to be another league involved to supplement or until the MLS-EYSL gets going

2020-21 NPL West
U11-U19

Clubs committed so far to participate:
LA Galaxy
LAFC
Arsenal FC
Beach SC
City FC Carlsbad
Chula Vista FC
FC Golden State
LA Breakers
LA Surf
LAUFA
Legends SC
Murrietta Surf
Pateadores
Real So Cal
San Diego SC
Slammers FC / CDA
Strikers FC
Surf San Diego
West Coast SC
NPl will be like a 3rd string level. After ECNL, CRL, MLS elite teams... MLS teams will only participate on the NPL U11 and U12..

NPl will be like a 3rd string level. After ECNL, CRL, MLS elite teams... MLS teams will only participate on the NPL U11 and U12..
Awesome. Thanks Apple. NPL was great last year for u11 and u12. Talk was that some of the NPL teams that went from the DA to ECNL were going to create ECNL Jr. But we will see what happens.

What role is NPL West supposed to play in the alleged hierarchy? It seems that it will be for Flight 2 teams for the MLS league clubs and possibly Flight 3 teams for the ECNL/ECRL (other than at the younger ages where it may be the flight 1 teams for both leagues)? Or am I just super confused?
For boys I’m assuming it’s going to be
1. Boys ECNL
2. NPL West/CRL
3. Coast SL/ SCDSL

I don’t think there’ll be an ECRL for boys I haven’t seen any legitimate news anywhere.

1. Boys ECNL
2. NPL West/CRL
3. Coast SL/ SCDSL

I don’t think there’ll be an ECRL for boys I haven’t seen any legitimate news anywhere.
I would not place the NPL west and CRL as equivalent. More likely SoCal NPL, as they were far superior to NPL west the last few seasons, at least for olders.

Several teams in SD have boys ECRL teams listed as their second teams.

I would not place the NPL west and CRL as equivalent. More likely SoCal NPL, as they were far superior to NPL west the last few seasons, at least for olders.

Several teams in SD have boys ECRL teams listed as their second teams.
I put them in the same tier because they’re both the 2nd tier leagues for their respective associations; NPL West=USCS & CRL=USYS although I may agree since CRL is qualifying teams only

New season players & teams with determine if there really is a hierarchy. Let's see what happens.

MLS-EYDP will make the claim there are top, boys ECNL the same, the NPLs like West, Scnpl, and other will say let's play to determine who's really better and they will get that chance next spring in the usclub Enpl playoffs and finals. After that maybe people can backup who's really tier whatever.

Somewhat silly but people love themselves labels and categories but In reality all that maters is how players and teams perform and develop over a season.

Including supplement leagues like CRL in a hierarchy is like including the national guard in a law enforcement one. Just temporary or moment in time like a tournament. Doesn't matter what you call them or rank them if they get the job done all good.

1. Boys ECNL
2. NPL West/CRL
3. Coast SL/ SCDSL

Boys ECNL has announced SoCal ECRL

SoCal ECRL

Return to training for MLS/EYDP starting very soon as early as next week in some places. Gearing up for more details and reports when the local MLS training facilities open up limited capacity, restrictions and checks implemented for everyone daily.

Return to training for MLS/EYDP starting very soon as early as next week in some places. Gearing up for more details and reports when the local MLS training facilities open up limited capacity, restrictions and checks implemented for everyone daily.
Are you hearing that LAFC and LAG are returning to training soon, or are you just referring to clubs who’ve signed up for the MLS youth league?

Are you hearing that LAFC and LAG are returning to training soon, or are you just referring to clubs who’ve signed up for the MLS youth league?

MLS in Socal and other markets. Sounders and others are already back for example.

Galaxy has camps there trying to get going again and the facilities open which would allow them to use for youth teams also.

LAFC has plans to follow what the pro teams did: daily checks, limited numbers at first, just training drills, after they get everyone back for a few weeks progress to the next step, etc

MLS in Socal and other markets. Sounders and others are already back for example.

Galaxy has camps there trying to get going again and the facilities open which would allow them to use for youth teams also.

LAFC has plans to follow what the pro teams did: daily checks, limited numbers at first, just training drills, after they get everyone back for a few weeks progress to the next step, etc

LAFC is not returning to training until at least late July, early August.

LAFC is not returning to training until at least late July, early August.

Who told you that?

Already doing zoom sessions and they where in discussions to start invidual on site training starting up in earlier July last I heard from one of the coaches. Has that changed or some new developments are happenings this week?

Who told you that?

Already doing zoom sessions and they where in discussions to start invidual on site training starting up in earlier July last I heard from one of the coaches. Has that changed or some new developments are happenings this week?

Zoom sessions have been ongoing and the last zoom session will be this Thursday until they are back from summer break. Zoom or physical, in-person training won't resume until the earliest late July.

Back