Mid-season Eagles DPL contract

Smart advice. Tell a team of Juniors to not sign and walk. Miss the rest of the season and fall showcases. Makes a lot of sense. Fight the injustice but miss the prime recruiting time of this fall and probably the spring too. Even if you win against the Eagles you lose.
Here's the thing though. If that 2001 team had all banded together and agreed as a TEAM not to sign, then the club would have had no choice. They weren't going to cut an entire team (especially if any of those players had a good lawyer who could get a good portion of their fees back).

BUT even if it is just one player, Eagles is not the only team around. Assuming the player is any good they should be able to find another team to join. They can even guest in most of the big showcases and still be seen and potentially recruited. If the player isn't good enough to find another team or guest play it's unlikely they're good enough to be recruited anyway. DPL is not the only way to get recruited (and I'd take a guess that the majority of DPL players--especially teams that are at the bottom of the DPL--are not likely going to be recruited).

Real SoCal (only DA club close by) Barcelona, La Galaxy Conejo, Eclipse

Real SoCal but I am sure all of their DA teams are pretty full. Simi Eclipse is next best option but no DA just high level CSL teams. Many players jump between RSC and Eagles, probably more flow from Eagles to RSC. This sounds like a bad situation for Eagles players. Poor girls just want to play high level soccer -- and the adults ruin it for them.

Lol, neither. Maybe I just don't like seeing you trolls always piling on. It's people like you that makes this forum suck with your personal attacks.

I have neither scared or intimidated any parent. All I did was state a very serious concern about missing significant playing time during a critical time period. That is a serious issue to consider. But you don't care about the issues involved since you simply are trying to make yourself feel better by putting others down. Your not interested in a serious discussion of the issues involved. It's people like you that make the world a worse place to live.

Its unbelievable that you have publicly state I deserve to be "drawn and quartered" which means be killed for starting an opinion that is different than yours. I hope you get banned for that. Violence has no place in this forum.
It’s a blog calm down. No one is
Literally going to drawn and quarter you, that takes tons of effort, planning, ropes, some sharp type instruments, and even I think maybe a horse or donkey .....and that seems like way too much effort for most of the characters on this blog anyway. So sleep easy my friend, there will be no 1700’s killing methods done too you. Now onto the other stuff. When an issue gets posted about a topic similar to this one and someone creates a brand new account and comments about said topic in a alternative slant than most, many posters spidey sense starts tingling. Too say you don’t like “ us trolls piling on” is kinda weird. Because that’s literally what this forum is. We pile on! We discuss and talk and say when a club like Eagles goes off the rails and does something stupid like this.... we pile on. That’s the point, otherwise we all just scream into our pillows at night with night Terrors from what our kids soccer club made us sign. So my advice is sound slightly less like a club mouthpiece while posting, relax no one will hurt you through your cellphone and if your new don’t go all
Scorched earth right out of the gate. This is a safe place. Make friends.

If parents and players are not willing or able to drive far in bad traffic then there aren't any options for top players at Eagles. Real and LA Premier are the only DA teams around and now no ECNL options either.

It isn't just Eagles, lots/many/most? clubs bully, threaten and intimidate players and families to manipulate, control and collect high fees from parents. There is no concept of what is best for the players but how can I line my pockets on the hopes and dreams of children. If you are a top elite player you have some power. If you are a bubble player or average most parents are afraid to rock the boat. Also, many parents complain and don't take action that is why clubs and coaches can continue to act like they do.

Lol, neither. Maybe I just don't like seeing you trolls always piling on. It's people like you that makes this forum suck with your personal attacks.

I have neither scared or intimidated any parent. All I did was state a very serious concern about missing significant playing time during a critical time period. That is a serious issue to consider. ...
A club threatening playing time if you don't sign a contract that has been sprung on them is the issue. This is bad business. This is bad for the kids. This is bad press for the club. This is the closest that we have to Yelp (that I know of), so when a club does something as heartless as this, yeah it is going to get posted here.

The big issue here is the threat of playing time. The club is bullying their paying customers and threatening the customer's kids. That is NOT good business. I don't know the club, aside from this. I have nothing personally vested in this, but you can bet that I will l remember it. A lot of people will remember this and discuss this.

Totally agree. My daughter has played some terrific teams from Camarillo over the years. I hope everything works out for them.
Just a suggestion....
I have had 3 children play club soccer for over 20 years......various clubs at various levels. My kids range from an above average to superstar.
I quickly learned to initial the sections I disagreed with and write DECLINE. Not one club has had a problem with me doing that.

Just a suggestion....
I have had 3 children play club soccer for over 20 years......various clubs at various levels. My kids range from an above average to superstar.
I quickly learned to initial the sections I disagreed with and write DECLINE. Not one club has had a problem with me doing that.
Your teams manager must have
Just a suggestion....
A club who won't discuss a contract with a group of parents won't except your method.

Your teams manager must have

A club who won't discuss a contract with a group of parents won't except your method.
The team manger never had a problem with my Declining certain sections. However, I did not decline payment.
Never knew if the manager just did not bring it to The clubs attention or those questionable clauses where essentially unenforceable so they just let it slide.
Again, it was never an issue. Always had a good relationship with team manager.

Just a suggestion....
Okay, let's walk this dog down the road a bit. I don't think anyone would argue that this contract is legally enforceable. Heck, it's two pages, and you only sign the second page, so how does anyone in the future know what you did on the first page? Unless you initial by the paragraphs and sign each page (like a lease, for example) you can't LEGALLY be held to what's on the contract, other than the last page you sign.
But if the club is going to suspend players for not agreeing to the contract, then what's to prevent them from suspending your player later if you don't comply with what was in the original, unaltered contract (the stuff you declined)? You can say "But I declined!" And they can say, "Well, it doesn't matter. Agree to it now or your player is suspended." They've already proven they won't stick with a contract. And it doesn't matter what you agree with, and what you decline. This suggestion would seem to work fine with reasonable clubs. But a reasonable club doesn't put a new contract out in the middle of the season and try to coerce parents into signing. So this isn't about legality. This is about the attitude of the club toward its parents and players.
Bottom line, this is the club saying "You must follow all of our policies, no matter what they are or when we change them, or whether you agree to them or not."

Can anyone directly involved verify who wrote the contract?
if you look at the Document Properties, it says it was drafted by Mark Sampson, on 10/19/17. The only Mark Sampson I can think of was the English WNT coach who was fired in September for having been suspected of inappropriate relationships with players, racist and sexist remarks. Makes some sense given the VT accusations...

here is the issue - basically none of these contracts from the youth soccer clubs are enforceable. There are usually so many issues from a legal standpoint that none of them would stand up in court. The problem is the clubs manipulate and intimidate parents to comply with all sorts of demands and the parents and players all fall into line and pay thousands of dollars for the experience while that is going on. Parents don't join together as a group and often parents are either apathetic, afraid, or not savy or brave enough to take steps against these situations. If you individually speak up you are classified as a trouble maker and many negative things can happen (subtle and not so subtle punishments toward your DD)- even to top players because of coach and club egos, power trips, and retaliation. Unfortunately, I doubt anything will be done about this situation other than business as usual, even if things are illegal, abusive, inappropriate, or just bullying.

Can anyone directly involved verify who wrote the contract?[/
if you look at the Document Properties, it says it was drafted by Mark Sampson, on 10/19/17. The only Mark Sampson I can think of was the English WNT coach who was fired in September for having been suspected of inappropriate relationships with players, racist and sexist remarks. Makes some sense given the VT accusations...
Upon further review, Mark Sampson, is most likely Mark Stephen Sampson, or as most of us know him Steve Sampson, former USMNT Coach, LA Galaxy Coach, current Cal Poly Men's Soccer Coach and Eagles Soccer Club, Technical Director and Executive Director, Central Coast and consultant for Camarillo based teams.

Can we be positive he wrote it? This “contract” reads like every other punitive and abrasive email or communication I have ever received from Kathleen Kelly/Buddy Kelly.

It could've been written by some combination of Buddy and Steve Sampson then signed off on by Steve who is salaried at around $140K per year from Eagles parents dues.

Back