Mid-season Eagles DPL contract

Watch the video. I, for one, am not referring to what she has to say. Not familiar with the issue. I believe the "hunting down" comment is in reference to what we all can clearly see in the video....She says her 3 minute piece and attempts to walk away as per the rules. Then dickhead calls her back and challenges her (which is fine), but also throws some belittling, all while he and his cronies tell her that she can't speak because her allotment time is up. She walked away and was told to come back to the podium so they could chastise her without allowing her the opportunity to defend herself.

We all know club soccer is a cut-throat business loaded with sleaze balls but this ambulance chaser takes it to a new level. These guys aren't there for the community or for the "children", they are there to enrich themselves with power and money. Simple as that. This type of behavior will continue because the customers allow it. Fine, play the game with them so your children can play but recognize that every time these board members, TD's or DOCs (and more coaches than you think) address you or your team, you are usually talking to a piece of sh*t.
Fine then say he is corrupt, unethical, a d*#%, (all of which I agree with) but saying that we was "hunting down" that lady are words reserved for drama queens. What he did was belittle, try to embarrass, maybe even harass her but he did not hunt her down. There is more than enough evidence to fleece him without being dramatic.

This guy is a total piece of work. I've seen him prevent away teams from warming up on their fields before the games.

Not to defend Buddy. But it is Eagles policy (Buddy Policy) that NO team is allowed to warm up on the field. Teams must warm up in the grass off the field (plenty of grass to warm up) and only the GK is allowed to warm up on the field. The policy is for both away and Eagles teams. One thing Buddy does well is he keeps the fields in nice shape. He is very anal when it comes to the fields but they are some of the best fields in the state.

Not to defend Buddy. But it is Eagles policy (Buddy Policy) that NO team is allowed to warm up on the field. Teams must warm up in the grass off the field (plenty of grass to warm up) and only the GK is allowed to warm up on the field. The policy is for both away and Eagles teams. One thing Buddy does well is he keeps the fields in nice shape. He is very anal when it comes to the fields but they are some of the best fields in the state.
Harass parents - check
Write bad contracts - check
Keep fields in shape - check

Their DA teams are doing poorly and some of their better players play on their second or (cough, cough) third teams (at the 03 level their third team in CSL is their best team) and don't want anything to do with playing DA. Apparently many of the players have turned down requests to move up to DA and the coaches, DOC, President etc... didn't like that. Not only are they threatening players that won't play DA when called up with suspension but they are also threatening to fine the parents. The President of the club is a lawyer who also happens to set on the Camarillo Park and Rec department where he is able to make sure he does not allow any other local club (MSA) to use Pleasant Valley Fields for practices or games and that he is able to physically lock the pedestrian gates into PV Fields during tournaments to try to suck more money out of parking and have the elderly and small children have to hike a mile to the fields while carrying chairs, umbrellas and other stuff.
Oh, and I forgot - Abuse position as public servant to benefit his soccer club and exclude people from public park - check

That's all well and good (and I do agree the fields are very nice) but the times I've seen this happen, the Eagles teams we were playing were allowed to warm-up on the fields. If he applied this rule across the board, I wouldn't have an issue with it but in the cases I've seen, it isn't.

Oh, and I forgot - Abuse position as public servant to benefit his soccer club and exclude people from public park - check

Yes. The locking of the gates is really really bad. You end up making the elderly, really young and people lugging lots of stuff have to hike a really long way. And you end up with people, including kids hopping what is a rather tall fence risking injury. I talked to the Park Ranger the night before one of their tournaments and asked them about the locking of the pedestrian gates to the fields and the lady said it was a really bad policy but they were taking orders from a higher power (Buddy of course). She even said she'd come over and unlock the gates but you better believe that Buddy made sure they were locked.

Harass parents - check
Write bad contracts - check
Keep fields in shape - check
Ok so he is all these things. Other than complaining about it, does anyone other than the lady in the video plan to do anything about it? It is sad that this has apparently been going on for years and no one has called him on it. Kids in the Ventura area have few soccer options and allowing this creep to essentially have a monopoly just hurts the kids.

Fine then say he is corrupt, unethical, a d*#%, (all of which I agree with) but saying that we was "hunting down" that lady are words reserved for drama queens. What he did was belittle, try to embarrass, maybe even harass her but he did not hunt her down. There is more than enough evidence to fleece him without being dramatic.
The lady in the video says that he went to her kids school to complain about her behavior, I would say that qualifies as hunting down

The lady in the video says that he went to her kids school to complain about her behavior, I would say that qualifies as hunting down
Do you believe everything you read on this forum?
It would qualify as hunting, but you do not know that she is telling the truth. Maybe he was at the school to work out a deal for fields and mentioned her in passing, like "what is that lady's problem?" It is just such a strong claim that I cringe without knowing the truth/whether the lady is exaggerating. But there are plenty of other things that he is guilty of that should be addressed.

It would qualify as hunting, but you do not know that she is telling the truth. Maybe he was at the school to work out a deal for fields and mentioned her in passing, like "what is that lady's problem?" It is just such a strong claim that I cringe without knowing the truth/whether the lady is exaggerating. But there are plenty of other things that he is guilty of that should be addressed.
Yes I agree with that. I heard her use those words in the video-so it was not just something I read on th forum. Absolutely she could be exaggerating or lying but I know this man. I’ve dealt with him. I don’t find it hard to believe at all.

Yes I agree with that. I heard her use those words in the video-so it was not just something I read on th forum. Absolutely she could be exaggerating or lying but I know this man. I’ve dealt with him. I don’t find it hard to believe at all.
Sorry not done...I’ve said it before and I t bears repeating. Eagles lack principled leadership from the top down. We all understand the nature of club soccer. It is a business. However, BK is operating that business without ethics or morals, in total self interest. It’s a house of cards and I believe it’s coming down.

Face it - you're stuck in a losing position.

(You may click the "DUMB" key now)

First, DPL and DA is 2 very different things. You are right about a lot of BS however. Club came out with something they want and sent it out. Parents and players are free to choose NOT to sign this document, right?
Yes it’s true families have the option to sign or not sign. But if they sign what stops the Eagles from making some other demand several months from now? If you all give in and sign now youre opening the door to more of this type of thing. It’s like giving in to a bully or negotiating with a terrorist. You only embolden him to continue his bad behavior.

Face it - you're stuck in a losing position.

(You may click the "DUMB" key now)
Actually I clicked OLD as in Dumb ass old geezer.

I think cleats and I reached common ground. You on the other hand must have had too much global warming on your brain. Run along and take you nap now. The forum will still be here if you wake up.

Interesting. The backstory here is that Eagles uses Valle Lindo Park, which is adjacent to an elementary school. One of the portable classrooms backs up to the grass where the Eagles practice (this is an overflow practice field for lower level Eagles teams). What happens (or use to happen) is that the Eagles players would use the back of the portable classroom as a wall to kick the ball against. After many years of doing this they badly damaged the portable (putting holes in it). Eagles would not pay for the damage. School would not pay for the damage. Nobody would pay for it. Bees and who knows what else got into the portable during school hours. Not a good situation for the kids trying to learn in that portable classroom. Eagles could've just done the "right" thing and paid for the damage. But no, Buddy drug it through the mud. In the end, a few years later multiple parties, including the Eagles paid for the repair.

There are many neighbors to that park/school that "do not like" Buddy. They store a big ugly portable light system along with a large pod rusted storage container that is a huge eye sore. Visitors to the fields for practices and games park their car(s) in front of driveways not allowing local residents to come and go. There is one particular neighbor in that area that makes a point to come to just about every Park/Rec board meeting and blast Buddy and Eagles for all of these things. During Buddy's last election campaign this neighbor had a bunch of Buddy Kelly election signs in his yard with a big circle drawn around them with a red line through them. Buddy would often talk about this guy at Eagles meetings. Funny stuff.

The evening that the Monka Soccer Academy families all came to the Park/Rec meeting in force the crazy guy was there. His eyes lit up when he saw another group blasting Buddy and his possible conflict of interest. In this video, Buddy is very rude to the lady speaking. They have a policy of not commenting at these meetings, but Buddy couldn't hold his tongue. Then they reprimand the lady for saying something after they called her back to the podium.

More on the back story

https://www.thecamarilloacorn.com/articles/damaged-wall-has-parents-school-kicking-and-screaming/

Back