Massacre Again

Amazing how every agency involved had "short comings" that day all at once. 19 cops inside to save the 19 kids but they all died by bleeding out for 45 minutes. Who were the cops and their agencies protecting and servicing that day Grandpa Espola?

Last edited:
Uvalde report: 400 officers but ‘egregiously poor’ decisions

POPULATION OF UVALDE, TX WAS 15,217 AT THE 2020 CENSUS. THERE ARE ONLY 2 JAILS there. WHY SO MANY COPS?

The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun..and willing to step in harm's way. I think most would agree that Uvalde was an exception to the rule.
There is no rule, only life and people living it. Each circumstance differs.

The armed man who shot and killed an active shooter at an Indiana mall learned to shoot from his grandfather, his lawyer says

The hero armed bystander who fatally shot a gunman who opened fire at an Indiana mall over the weekend learned to shoot from his grandfather, his lawyer told Insider on Wednesday.

Authorities have said that 21-year-old Elisjsha Dicken, the Good Samaritan, has no police or military background, and his attorney, Guy Relford, told Insider that his grandfather taught him how to fire a gun.

Dicken — armed with a pistol — was shopping at the Greenwood Park Mall with his girlfriend on Sunday when a 20-year-old man with an AR-15-style rifle started shooting in a food court, killing three people and wounding two others.

The attacker was shot by Dicken within 15 seconds of the gunman firing and not within two minutes as authorities previously stated, police said on Tuesday, citing surveillance footage.

Dicken unloaded 10 rounds from his gun as he zoned in on the shooter and waved for fleeing shoppers to exit behind him, police said.

Autopsy results from the Johnson County Coroner's Office showed that the gunman was shot eight times, and none of the wounds were self-inflicted.

"His actions were nothing short of heroic," Greenwood Police Chief James Ison has said of Dicken, adding that Dicken "engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun."

"It was very proficient," as well as "very tactically sound," Ison said.

The armed man who shot and killed an active shooter at an Indiana mall learned to shoot from his grandfather, his lawyer says (msn.com)

One is more about the man who saved the congregation. The other link is the actual video.
** I was not trying to be like @espola and keep posting the same link over and over.

There is no rule, only life and people living it. Each circumstance differs.

We can go back n forth all day with these links. I think we can both agree it doesn't always work out as we would hope for.
I also think that if you look at many of these incidents where the "good guy" did nothing etc etc...you'll see that they were paid LE, security officers, etc.
I'm only making a guess here that these people shouldn't have been in the position they were in because they failed at their job. Maybe they took the job thinking they'd never be faced with an active shooter incident. Who knows.
Now then..you have the church hero, and the kid at the mall in Indiana. Neither was paid to do anything. At the church, he was part of the security detail. The kid at the mall had no skin in the game..yet he saved countless lives. Firefighters run into burning buildings..don't normally run towards gunfire. Cops run towards gunfire..don't normally run into burning buildings. Then there are those that will do both. Everyone is cut from a different cloth and reacts accordingly. Some don't react at all.

We can go back n forth all day with these links. I think we can both agree it doesn't always work out as we would hope for.
I also think that if you look at many of these incidents where the "good guy" did nothing etc etc...you'll see that they were paid LE, security officers, etc.
I'm only making a guess here that these people shouldn't have been in the position they were in because they failed at their job. Maybe they took the job thinking they'd never be faced with an active shooter incident. Who knows.
Now then..you have the church hero, and the kid at the mall in Indiana. Neither was paid to do anything. At the church, he was part of the security detail. The kid at the mall had no skin in the game..yet he saved countless lives. Firefighters run into burning buildings..don't normally run towards gunfire. Cops run towards gunfire..don't normally run into burning buildings. Then there are those that will do both. Everyone is cut from a different cloth and reacts accordingly. Some don't react at all.
If we lessen the amount of guns, the guns and ammo which were designed specifically to maim and murder humans, life’s are saved. If the shooter in Uvalde had a shotgun or pistol (firearms that are most common it that area) the chances of law enforcement engaging sooner my have been better.

If we lessen the amount of guns, the guns and ammo which were designed specifically to maim and murder humans, life’s are saved. If the shooter in Uvalde had a shotgun or pistol (firearms that are most common it that area) the chances of law enforcement engaging sooner my have been better.
you are saying that the cops would have made entry if the shooter had a shotgun or a high capacity pistol? But refused to make entry because he was carrying an AR15? I can see your logic, kinda, if I thought the officers on scene demonstrated that type of acumen. I don't think in this case cops would have assessed the caliber/type of weapon and decided to make entry. Shouldn't the idea/presence of an AR15 in the hands of a dumbass heighten the urgency to make entry and stop the gunman. anyway.

How about we also reform how we manage juvenile records, especially if the specified juvenile demonstrate attributes that are deemed to fall under red flag laws. How about we spend some real dollars on school physical security? How about we hire/train police officers that will follow protocols that have been around for some time? And let's get back to physical security of schools - how about we spend some real dollars on securing schools.....by the way, doesn't cost as much as most people think (in comparison to other frivoulous government spending, local/state/federal).

The guns are here, they aren't going anywhere. Plenty of solutions to be found while simultaneously letting the politicians slobber each other and themsleves..

you are saying that the cops would have made entry if the shooter had a shotgun or a high capacity pistol? But refused to make entry because he was carrying an AR15? I can see your logic, kinda, if I thought the officers on scene demonstrated that type of acumen. I don't think in this case cops would have assessed the caliber/type of weapon and decided to make entry. Shouldn't the idea/presence of an AR15 in the hands of a dumbass heighten the urgency to make entry and stop the gunman. anyway.

How about we also reform how we manage juvenile records, especially if the specified juvenile demonstrate attributes that are deemed to fall under red flag laws. How about we spend some real dollars on school physical security? How about we hire/train police officers that will follow protocols that have been around for some time? And let's get back to physical security of schools - how about we spend some real dollars on securing schools.....by the way, doesn't cost as much as most people think (in comparison to other frivoulous government spending, local/state/federal).

The guns are here, they aren't going anywhere. Plenty of solutions to be found while simultaneously letting the politicians slobber each other and themsleves..
As most of these “mass murderers” are white males, maybe law enforcement should make it a priority to start treating young white males in a similar way to their brown and black peers? I would think if I was brown or black and did the same things as a youth I would have been incarcerated or possibly killed by police ( La Mesa PD pulled a gun on me for skateboarding). It won’t stop gang violence but it might cut down on angry young white males feeling entitled to murder and destroy lives, maybe. And to me maybe is better than nothing.

As most of these “mass murderers” are white males, maybe law enforcement should make it a priority to start treating young white males in a similar way to their brown and black peers? I would think if I was brown or black and did the same things as a youth I would have been incarcerated or possibly killed by police ( La Mesa PD pulled a gun on me for skateboarding). It won’t stop gang violence but it might cut down on angry young white males feeling entitled to murder and destroy lives, maybe. And to me maybe is better than nothing.
It only becomes a police issue when they become violent. The reality is that young, isolated males are genetically pre-disposed to commit this types of crimes. Combine their genetic pre-disposition with societal influence and you get ticking time bombs - guns or no guns.

Your call to make this about race but its not - it's about parenting, mental health, a shitty system...etc. I could go on and on. Gang violence is a different cup of tea. Brown on brown, black on black violoence is anchored by socio economic conditions. Walking into a classroom of young children and shooting them in cold blood and watching them bleed out (much faster for small bodies) is different - the warning signs are usually there and they are usually ignored. This will happen again, I have no doubt.

Next time lets hope the school doors are locked, cops with balls show up, and someone takes charge. Preferably there will be a system in place that provides enough of an obstacle that these types of assholes don't get inside of a school. I dont' think that is too much to ask for. As a test, go and try to gain access to a corporate building somewhere. Most high value corporations spend millions of $$ on phyisical security. Amazing what badge readers do to deter entry.

Back