Let Them Play CA

Pretty much a similar curve to 90% of the world right now.....even CA.
Where do you get this nonsense? 90% of the world has a covid death curve like AZ?

There are exactly three counties with worse covid deaths per capita than Arizona: Belgium, San Marino, and Slovenia. Together, they represent 0.2% of the world’s population. The other 99.8% of the world is doing better than AZ; in most places by a wide margin.

Take your covid misinformation over to the covid misinformation thread. And take 30 seconds to fact check your post before pulling numbers out of your butt.

Where do you get this nonsense? 90% of the world has a covid death curve like AZ?

There are exactly three counties with worse covid deaths per capita than Arizona: Belgium, San Marino, and Slovenia. Together, they represent 0.2% of the world’s population. The other 99.8% of the world is doing better than AZ; in most places by a wide margin.

Take your covid misinformation over to the covid misinformation thread. And take 30 seconds to fact check your post before pulling numbers out of your butt.
Check what I said and show me where I mention per capita....you’re just looking to try to be right and put words in my mouth. The CURVE is similar....dear lord please pay attention.

Notified by who? What HS?

Some private schools and districts are still doing conditioning.

Our LA county conditioning was suspended for January but the hope to resume in February. School board decision.

As far as the season need to get to the orange tier before playing games as things stand now. Jan 25 Southern Section is supposedly going to come out with a announcement about season #1 football and #2 soccer (mar-june)

Been hearing that if we get to play it will be Varsity level only. No way to schedule all those field sports at all levels if we dont start until March.

Check what I said and show me where I mention per capita....you’re just looking to try to be right and put words in my mouth. The CURVE is similar....dear lord please pay attention.
Ok. I will agree that, for over 90% of the world, the curve is represented with an X and Y axis. And, for many places, the December numbers are bigger than the February ones.

Is that your point? I could have sworn you were making up some bullshit story that the covid response in AZ was in some way similarly effective to the covid response in other places.

Some private schools and districts are still doing conditioning.

Our LA county conditioning was suspended for January but the hope to resume in February. School board decision.

As far as the season need to get to the orange tier before playing games as things stand now. Jan 25 Southern Section is supposedly going to come out with a announcement about season #1 football and #2 soccer (mar-june)
Conditioning is allowed, at least by CIF-SS
"Physical conditioning, practice, skill building, and training that can be conducted outdoors, with 6-feet of physical distancing, and within stable team cohorts are currently authorized for all sports regardless of county tier status."

Conditioning is allowed, at least by CIF-SS
"Physical conditioning, practice, skill building, and training that can be conducted outdoors, with 6-feet of physical distancing, and within stable team cohorts are currently authorized for all sports regardless of county tier status."

Yeah but our school board decided to suspend conditioning due to case rates in LA county

Is that your point? I could have sworn you were making up some bullshit story that the covid response in AZ was in some way similarly effective to the covid response in other places.
How effective has the covid response been in CA vs lets say TX and FL. Two states that have substantially different responses.

The idea behind the covid response is to limit the SPREAD of the virus.

As of today
CA 72k cases per million
TX 71k cases per million
FL 71k cases per million

How effective has the covid response been in CA vs lets say TX and FL. Two states that have substantially different responses.

As of today
CA 72k cases per million
TX 71k cases per million
FL 71k cases per million
At least you’re smart enough not to hitch your rhetorical wagon to AZ. That catastrophe is a millstone when you’re trying to swim.

It belongs in the covid denialism thread, though. This thread is for talking about opening youth sports in CA.

As of today
CA 72k cases per million
TX 71k cases per million
FL 71k cases per million

Finally a little data that makes sense. Texas is now completing their HS football season. While it apparently had a few cancellations, it’s ultimately going to finish without much issue at all. They have been playing ECNL and MLS league without much issue either.

The idea that shutting down youth sports helps in any way is simply fallacy. It’s a step too far to say keeping youth sports going is better, but is certainly is not worse than what CA has done.

The curve is similar? The curve of your concave skull is also similar. Any curve is similar to another curve by virtue of both being curves.

This is so incredibly stupid it could only come from a magat. 99.8 of all countries in the world are killing people at a much lower rate than Arizona, but they’re all similar because they have similar flags in that they’re all rectangular.

Ok. I will agree that, for over 90% of the world, the curve is represented with an X and Y axis. And, for many places, the December numbers are bigger than the February ones.

Yes...my point was most of the world has seen similar curves of one small peak followed later by a second larger. I’ll accept this as your apology.

No...that was you looking to be right on something.

He was making that point until you pointed out how stupid the point was, so then he claimed that he was just pointing out how lovely curves are. Because who doesn’t want to talk about the beauty of curves in a thread discussing why it’s such a bad idea to play HS soccer right now.

He was making that point until you pointed out how stupid the point was, so then he claimed that he was just pointing out how lovely curves are. Because who doesn’t want to talk about the beauty of curves in a thread discussing why it’s such a bad idea to play HS soccer right now.
Let’s see what was said:

Pretty much a similar curve to 90% of the world right now.....even CA.

Yep...Wrong again....damn it must suck to be so willing and able to troll people with your demeaning rhetoric but be wrong EVERY time you try your BS in my neighborhood.

California is doing sooooo much better with their liberal policies. You buffoon.
As of last week. AZ #1 CA#2 Rhode Island #3 in terms of the worse countries controlling COVID per capita.

At least you’re smart enough not to hitch your rhetorical wagon to AZ. That catastrophe is a millstone when you’re trying to swim.

It belongs in the covid denialism thread, though. This thread is for talking about opening youth sports in CA.
What is interesting is that cases per million do not line up neatly with deaths per million. As a matter of fact the numbers jump all over the place when looking at the 2.

There are countries with fewer cases per million vs other countries and yet have higher deaths per million. It works the other way as well.

Same thing with states. There are a number of states with fewer cases per million then lets say CA and yet have dramatically higher deaths per million. And the reverse is true. There are states with higher cases per million with less deaths per million.

Utah has 100k cases per million and yet has far fewer deaths per million vs CA.
Wisconsin has almost the identical cases per million as AZ and yet their deaths per million is just above CA.
Michigan has about the same deaths per million as AZ but cases per million are well south of CA

And so on.

That implies strongly that cases per million and deaths per million do not work in tandem. There are clearly other factors at play that play it seems a greater role.

And back to the point. CA idea was to limit the spread of the disease. They have not done any better stopping the spread compared to the 2 other largest states in the union who took vastly different approaches.

One might ask...why have we shut our schools, biz, sports, etc when the spread of the virus here is the same as TX and FL who have not done those things CA did.

What is interesting is that cases per million do not line up neatly with deaths per million. As a matter of fact the numbers jump all over the place when looking at the 2.

There are countries with fewer cases per million vs other countries and yet have higher deaths per million. It works the other way as well.

Same thing with states. There are a number of states with fewer cases per million then lets say CA and yet have dramatically higher deaths per million. And the reverse is true. There are states with higher cases per million with less deaths per million.

Utah has 100k cases per million and yet has far fewer deaths per million vs CA.
Wisconsin has almost the identical cases per million as AZ and yet their deaths per million is just above CA.
Michigan has about the same deaths per million as AZ but cases per million are well south of CA

And so on.

That implies strongly that cases per million and deaths per million do not work in tandem. There are clearly other factors at play that play it seems a greater role.

And back to the point. CA idea was to limit the spread of the disease. They have not done any better stopping the spread compared to the 2 other largest states in the union who took vastly different approaches.

One might ask...why have we shut our schools, biz, sports, etc when the spread of the virus here is the same as TX and FL who have not done those things.

If CA had the same number of deaths per capita as AZ, that would be another 27,000 people dead. Yes, CA’s rules have been very effective despite the best efforts of magats.

Back