LA Surf Implodes

Imagine how much time was spent assembling the original deal to become LA Surf. And then imagine how much time was spent deciding to blow it up. And now imagine how much time will be spent explaining this to all parents and players. Not to mention new uniforms, backpacks, canopies, website rebranding. And the cost of players deciding to leave because of the confusion.
Now imagine how that time and money could have been used to further player development. Or to fund coaching education. Or to cover a kids dude who is having trouble affording it.
My wise biz partner once told me it's easy to start a biz with others but a complete nightmare to end one. This is not over. Let's see what LA Surf has to say.

Imagine how much time was spent assembling the original deal to become LA Surf. And then imagine how much time was spent deciding to blow it up. And now imagine how much time will be spent explaining this to all parents and players. Not to mention new uniforms, backpacks, canopies, website rebranding. And the cost of players deciding to leave because of the confusion.
Now imagine how that time and money could have been used to further player development. Or to fund coaching education. Or to cover a kids dude who is having trouble affording it.

Exactly. All "costs" of doing business. And guess who's paying for it. Sad state of affairs in club soccer. One more reason to take a hard look at this pay to play model- who is this really benefiting?

My wise biz partner once told me it's easy to start a biz with others but a complete nightmare to end one. This is not over. Let's see what LA Surf has to say.

Those three clubs have seemed to decide they didn't like the "new" management brought in from FC premier and are walking away from there involvement according to reading between the lines on the email posted.

Those three clubs have seemed to decide they didn't like the "new" management brought in from FC premier and are walking away from there involvement according to reading between the lines on the email posted.
They didn;t get what they were promised imho and are now going back to their original roots on how to truly develop soccer players. Will they go back to the original name? Will the 60 teams have access to DA? ECNL?

Or perhaps they didn't like the fact that LA Premier got brought into it at all after the original deal? Based on past performance/history of LA Premier, certainly didn't seem like an upgrade.

Also, heard of emails sent out to families by LA Surf speaking of "markets". Nice to show their true colors.

They didn;t get what they were promised imho and are now going back to their original roots on how to truly develop soccer players. Will they go back to the original name?

Original name? You mean after the first merger? Wasn't it LA Surf? Think they are burning that bridge. Maybe it'll be some hybrid of their original club names- SoCal San Gabriel Valley Soltilo Academy FC. Say that 10x.

Will the 60 teams have access to DA? ECNL?

Hard to see them keeping access to DA, since that's what LA Premier brought to the table. Maybe going back to trying for ECNL if that was their original plan.

Or perhaps they didn't like the fact that LA Premier got brought into it at all after the original deal? Based on past performance/history of LA Premier, certainly didn't seem like an upgrade

The addition of LA Premier was viewed by most as a negative from the moment that it was announced. The original merger of those three fairly successful clubs made sense. The takeover by LA Premier was not welcomed by those who started asking WHY.

Original name? You mean after the first merger? Wasn't it LA Surf? Think they are burning that bridge. Maybe it'll be some hybrid of their original club names- SoCal San Gabriel Valley Soltilo Academy FC. Say that 10x.

Hard to see them keeping access to DA, since that's what LA Premier brought to the table. Maybe going back to trying for ECNL if that was their original plan.
Coach Chavez HS team is in QF as well

The addition of LA Premier was viewed by most as a negative from the moment that it was announced. The original merger of those three fairly successful clubs made sense. The takeover by LA Premier was not welcomed by those who started asking WHY.
Once you ask, WHY, most of the attorney dads and higher up ones at these clubs will start marginalizing you and start making fun of you. Call you names like, "club hopper" and tell you things like, "college coaches don;t like club hoppers." "You will get Blacklisted." "Uncle Rico." "Sucker" Some Docs even say stuff like, "I know all the D1 college coaches and YNT scouts too. It would be wise of you to keep your mouth shut and stop asking me so many damn questions. Be grateful you are at the greatest and #1 club in da country and your dd now has access to all she wants."

"Sign here"

Does this include the teams that were Slammers SouthBay and when that dissolved have been marketing themselves for tryouts as LA Surf Southbay?

Attachments

• 20200217_104957.jpg
    20200217_104957.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 69
Once you ask, WHY, most of the attorney dads and higher up ones at these clubs will start marginalizing you and start making fun of you. Call you names like, "club hopper" and tell you things like, "college coaches don;t like club hoppers." "You will get Blacklisted." "Uncle Rico." "Sucker" Some Docs even say stuff like, "I know all the D1 college coaches and YNT scouts too. It would be wise of you to keep your mouth shut and stop asking me so many damn questions. Be grateful you are at the greatest and #1 club in da country and your dd now has access to all she wants."

"Sign here"

Back