Junior college route getting recruited

JUCO is free but you need to follow their process. Great option for some DDs that are looking to play after HS or if it works out get a nice offer from an appropriate school

JUCO is free but you need to follow their process. Great option for some DDs that are looking to play after HS or if it works out get a nice offer from an appropriate school
Many community colleges have overbooked classes, especially for first-year students, and membership on an athletics roster sometimes can get a student priority.

i don't know about JUCO being free, but here in California something I learned with the Community College system, if your son or daughter is hoping to move on to a 4-year university they do have "guaranteed" admission type programs but do some research some Universities here in CA only accept guaranteed Associate for Transfer from certain Community Colleges. Found that out the hard way, I thought all CC were created equal for my son who wanted to transfer into SJSU but not only is SJSU impacted and no room but his Associate degree wasn't as equal as say one from some of the other CC in the area. But if you happen to be a Veteran and or a disabled veteran at that CALVETS can all but guarantee free tuition to CAL schools.

i don't know about JUCO being free, but here in California something I learned with the Community College system, if your son or daughter is hoping to move on to a 4-year university they do have "guaranteed" admission type programs but do some research some Universities here in CA only accept guaranteed Associate for Transfer from certain Community Colleges. Found that out the hard way, I thought all CC were created equal for my son who wanted to transfer into SJSU but not only is SJSU impacted and no room but his Associate degree wasn't as equal as say one from some of the other CC in the area. But if you happen to be a Veteran and or a disabled veteran at that CALVETS can all but guarantee free tuition to CAL schools.

It's called the TAG program, correct?

JUCO in california is 'free' there is a process to follow so you get it done right

My son will be a JC freshmen (water polo). JCs are far from "free" as only tuition is waved for first year students. After fees, etc., cost was nearly $700 for him to attend full-time, which is required for student athletes. A ton of talented athletes at the JC level. Everybody takes there own path...Those mentioning impacted classes, need to look into JCs that give student athletes priority registration. Mt SAC is one of them...

Changing the subject, find it interesting how some women's college soccer programs have so many international players....ex: Harvard has (13) on their 2023 roster, Memphis has (16). And I mention these two because they could not be more different from an academic standpoint.

Considering how ridiculously expensive club soccer is in the US, is this a result of players not being developed? Thoughts?

JC's have a variety of financial aid options and locally there are a deal at $50 a unit compare to say a Cal state that's 7k for > 6 units per yea which is ~ $300 per unit for residents.

Most of the local socal JUCO are in the South Coast conference division III that is no scholarship or funding for athletics.

When/if players transfer to NCAA schools there are sports scholarships and grants. For example NCAA Div II has a partial scholarship model. In that division full grants to cover all expenses normally doesn't happen with only 9 or 10 equivalency for soccer with the women getting the 10. Instead 10-20 players can get some tuition scholarship to cover fees for that alone which can be 100% (7K) for year or 50% (3.5k), or a variation.

My son will be a JC freshmen (water polo). JCs are far from "free" as only tuition is waved for first year students. After fees, etc., cost was nearly $700 for him to attend full-time, which is required for student athletes. A ton of talented athletes at the JC level. Everybody takes there own path...Those mentioning impacted classes, need to look into JCs that give student athletes priority registration. Mt SAC is one of them...

Changing the subject, find it interesting how some women's college soccer programs have so many international players....ex: Harvard has (13) on their 2023 roster, Memphis has (16). And I mention these two because they could not be more different from an academic standpoint.

Considering how ridiculously expensive club soccer is in the US, is this a result of players not being developed? Thoughts?
Some countries will pay the full cost of their students to attend US universities. It's cheaper than building up their own educational system from scratch. That amounts to a hidden scholarship program for colleges that recruit on that basis.

Look at Arizona State. Pretty soon he won't need the Star Spangled Banner before games.

everyone's financial situation is different but ill take $700 all day long. knock out most of the nonsense classes

Back