How will this affect womens sports in college?

Curious how this will affect female college athletes? How would you feel if your daughter missed her opportunity to play college soccer because of this new change?View attachment 9985

When I saw your post - before reading the discussion - I was going to answer with sincerity of what I thought and, because I've had this discussion with my daughters (though not today), what they thought. But it's clear that it's going to turn into a political back and forth and not really about soccer. That's OK but @Dominic should be aware that the more threads like this, the more the entire board is going to be dominated by these discussions and the more you will lose people who are just tired of them (which may be no big deal). I get it that people are frustrated and anxious w/o youth or college soccer (no discussions about how my kid's team is the only one that plays possession and the others just play kickball) but it seems that every soccer thread goes off the rails. This one is obviously loaded with a lot of emotion but it could be a really good topic w/o spinning out of control.

So, @Lavey29, if you really wanted answers to your question and a reasonable discussion of the issues, I'm sorry you didn't get that. On the other hand, if you were looking to throw something provocative out there so that it could get heated with predictable commenters on predictable sides, I guess you did get that.

It is a combo of a couple of things.

- Political correctness gone way to far.
- People scared of saying hey...that is a boy/guy and they should NOT play on girls/womens teams. THIS IS THE BIG ONE. If people said enough of this crap it would end. But people are scared and/or go with the flow. Sheep.

If you want to wear a dress and makeup and pretend you are a girl/women have at it. Doesn't bother me in the least. I think you are strange...but live your life as you like.

But when you want to play on my DD soccer team, or play on the women's soccer team, or compete on the womens pro bike circuit (or any sport)...enough is enough. Despite testosterone blockers, etc...if you were born a boy, you have a different physical structure that gives them the advantage.

The reason many decades ago we created women's sports was because women cannot compete physically against men. Is there an exception here and there? Yes. But as a whole they cannot.

To now say hey some guy/boy who says he is a women/girl can compete on womens/girls team is just wrong.

Why on Earth people look at photos like this and say...yeah we should let this happen is beyond me. Can we tell who doesn't belong? Any physical difference we should pretend to not notice?

Look at those photos. You want your kid playing against them? Is that fair? You want your daughter in college playing against them? Fair?

You want to ruin women's sports?

View attachment 9987

View attachment 9988

View attachment 9989

One person won a division 2 race after years of hormone suppression and it means the end of women’s sports, all retroactively caused by Joe Biden years later? The hysteria is off the charts.

But all of this ignores the bigots claiming that Biden’s executive order requires that schools let dudes dress up as women and play women’s sports when it does no such thing. It doesn’t say a word about it, and it only supports existing law as interpreted by the US Supreme Court. If you have a problem, talk to the NCAA. Or the Supreme Court. Again.

If you’re worried about a dude ruining your daughter’s youth club experience on “her team” a couple points. First, you might want to consider that the team is not “hers”, its everyone’s who the governing body says gets to play on it. Second, I don’t even know why we’re having this hypothetical conversation because it hasn’t happened, and it won’t for about a million different reasons. Regardless, the NCAA, the pro cycling federation, and the weightlifting federation set the rules for participation and if you don’t like it, you can take your ball, your bike, or your dumbbell self somewhere else.

It is pretty crazy that you’re freaking out about someone taking hormone suppression unfairly competing in biking, track and weightlifting against others who are pretty much freebasing testosterone and masking agents.

I hate to over generalize but I think there are lots of female athletes that are “fag hags” so, I don’t think the ladies are gonna object. In fact, I think the ladies will embrace it.

One person won a division 2 race after years of hormone suppression and it means the end of women’s sports, all retroactively caused by Joe Biden years later? The hysteria is off the charts.

But all of this ignores the bigots claiming that Biden’s executive order requires that schools let dudes dress up as women and play women’s sports when it does no such thing. It doesn’t say a word about it, and it only supports existing law as interpreted by the US Supreme Court. If you have a problem, talk to the NCAA. Or the Supreme Court. Again.

If you’re worried about a dude ruining your daughter’s youth club experience on “her team” a couple points. First, you might want to consider that the team is not “hers”, its everyone’s who the governing body says gets to play on it. Second, I don’t even know why we’re having this hypothetical conversation because it hasn’t happened, and it won’t for about a million different reasons. Regardless, the NCAA, the pro cycling federation, and the weightlifting federation set the rules for participation and if you don’t like it, you can take your ball, your bike, or your dumbbell self somewhere else.

It is pretty crazy that you’re freaking out about someone taking hormone suppression unfairly competing in biking, track and weightlifting against others who are pretty much freebasing testosterone and masking agents.
I think the OP asked a rather sincere question that didn't require indoctrinated speak. He was asking for an opinion, not a judgement.

A simple answer would have sufficed. Maybe like - I agree with the EO and I don't think it's a threat to women's sport. Here are the reasons why.

But, you go all magat and stuff and then this happens. Kinda like Brittany Spears. She may be your spirit animal.

I hate to over generalize but I think there are lots of female athletes that are “fag hags” so, I don’t think the ladies are gonna object. In fact, I think the ladies will embrace it.
What's a "fag hag"? Country folk like me aren't up to date with this urban speak.

Yikes, you are specially frothy today. So, to be clear, it's ok by you to have someone that identifies as a woman, but is really a man, compete against women, in high level athletics? In the case you cited above, those two transgender girls won 15 state titles while undergoing hormone therapy. The hormone therapy was supposed to level the playing field - obviously didn't.

A few years ago, my daughter was routinely beating up on boys in her age group on the pitch. It's not even close now. Do you even futbol bruh?

I know you are a social justice warrior and I expect to hear you call me all kinds of names - bigot, homophobe, etc... According to your own doctrine, Impossible for me to be the first (don't have enough white in me to be a bigot I guess), the second - phhfft, be gay, I don't care.

I know you magats have a hard time reading and comprehending, so let me use smaller words. I do not have a problem with the NCAA deciding, as it has, that someone who goes through at least a year of testosterone suppression therapy can play. But what the NCAA decided has nothing to do with the Biden executive order. To the extent your Q handler has gotten your frothy (I like your word) mcfrumpy magat ass upset about it, she is lying and you are a weak-minded fool for lapping it up. But magat and weak-minded fool are redundant, so I apologize for the unnecessary wordiness.

And yes, it seems very much from your hysteria over a fake problem that you are a homophobe. Oh, and since when is D2 “high level athletics”? Since when is being a token athlete on the worst track team in the mighty CAA conference “high level athletics”? It is so sad that little Ms. Soule fell just short of coming in last place at the epic Connecticut HS track meet because a trans runner took her spot. The horror of not getting to come in last or even getting scouted by college coaches coming in last in the finals of a small state must have been so disappointing. If only college scouts could have been able to find her times in prior races, like maybe the one before in which she proved she wasn’t very fast, or any of the other races she had ever raced slowly in. The world is going to end because Ms. Soule didn’t get her 8th place medal. They do give out medals for last place in this era of Soule-ian snowflakes right?

When I saw your post - before reading the discussion - I was going to answer with sincerity of what I thought and, because I've had this discussion with my daughters (though not today), what they thought. But it's clear that it's going to turn into a political back and forth and not really about soccer. That's OK but @Dominic should be aware that the more threads like this, the more the entire board is going to be dominated by these discussions and the more you will lose people who are just tired of them (which may be no big deal). I get it that people are frustrated and anxious w/o youth or college soccer (no discussions about how my kid's team is the only one that plays possession and the others just play kickball) but it seems that every soccer thread goes off the rails. This one is obviously loaded with a lot of emotion but it could be a really good topic w/o spinning out of control.

So, @Lavey29, if you really wanted answers to your question and a reasonable discussion of the issues, I'm sorry you didn't get that. On the other hand, if you were looking to throw something provocative out there so that it could get heated with predictable commenters on predictable sides, I guess you did get that.

He had no desire for a thoughtful discussion. If he had, he would have asked a real question instead of posting a link to Q(ueen) homophobe’s hysterical and false accusation about an executive order. And don’t forget his recent hysteria about women’s restrooms and also throwing out a highly offensive comment about the appearance of a trans government official.

If he hadn’t started with a discussion dripping with hate and misrepresentations from the inception, this wouldn’t be happening.

I know you magats have a hard time reading and comprehending, so let me use smaller words. I do not have a problem with the NCAA deciding, as it has, that someone who goes through at least a year of testosterone suppression therapy can play. But what the NCAA decided has nothing to do with the Biden executive order. To the extent your Q handler has gotten your frothy (I like your word) mcfrumpy magat ass upset about it, she is lying and you are a weak-minded fool for lapping it up. But magat and weak-minded fool are redundant, so I apologize for the unnecessary wordiness.

And yes, it seems very much from your hysteria over a fake problem that you are a homophobe. Oh, and since when is D2 “high level athletics”? Since when is being a token athlete on the worst track team in the mighty CAA conference “high level athletics”? It is so sad that little Ms. Soule fell just short of coming in last place at the epic Connecticut HS track meet because a trans runner took her spot. The horror of not getting to come in last or even getting scouted by college coaches coming in last in the finals of a small state must have been so disappointing. If only college scouts could have been able to find her times in prior races, like maybe the one before in which she proved she wasn’t very fast, or any of the other races she had ever raced slowly in. The world is going to end because Ms. Soule didn’t get her 8th place medal. They do give out medals for last place in this era of Soule-ian snowflakes right?
:rolleyes: - we have a gay student athlete in the family so being a homophobe is the least of my issues. The rest of your response is your typical magat response. Wipe your chin.

You still haven provided one cent of value to any discussion other than nonsense. Who mentioned anything about D2? seeing things now?

Insulting term for a woman with a lot of gay male friends. Usually implies that she is so ugly that straight men won't be near her.

I am not a fan of the term.
I got the word from the queer community. And, I know several homophobes that hang out with queer dudes just because they always know the cute chicks. I have never heard of queer dudes and ugly chicks.

He had no desire for a thoughtful discussion. If he had, he would have asked a real question instead of posting a link to Q(ueen) homophobe’s hysterical and false accusation about an executive order. And don’t forget his recent hysteria about women’s restrooms and also throwing out a highly offensive comment about the appearance of a trans government official.

If he hadn’t started with a discussion dripping with hate and misrepresentations from the inception, this wouldn’t be happening.

I was looking at the text and not the source and I would have responded sincerely but for the tenor. I'm not here to squelch that discussion - it's not my place.

And, for the record, the EO does not bother me and, based on prior discussions, I don't expect it would bother my kids. Why? Because they understand what it means to be transgender and have transgender classmates (boys and girls). They have changed out in the locker room and have used the bathroom with transgender people (and the strong likelihood is that we all have). And I believe that they'd say that no teenager is going to front like he's a transgender girl just so he can succeed in sports - being transgender is not just cross dressing to "pass".

I think its applicable to all women's sports but since the article mentions college admissions I thought this would be appropriate. I would be curious to see the responses from top college athletes trying to make pro teams or compete in the Olympics only to lose out to a male with a wig and lipstick. We aren't there yet but some high level international sports events have already experienced this as evidenced by the pictures posted in the thread.

I think the OP asked a rather sincere question that didn't require indoctrinated speak. He was asking for an opinion, not a judgement.

A simple answer would have sufficed. Maybe like - I agree with the EO and I don't think it's a threat to women's sport. Here are the reasons why.

But, you go all magat and stuff and then this happens. Kinda like Brittany Spears. She may be your spirit animal.

Yes, it would be nice to hear some honest opinions here but I'd really like to find articles about top female athletes and how they feel about the new trend of the day. I suspect they would have no issues with it until of course it affects them directly such as they miss out on opportunities for high level Olympic type competition or scholarships to college.

So not only will you need a high GPA and an inside track to the coach but now you have to compete against Messina for that roster spot.....wonderful.

I don't think you will see honest opinions from top athletes.

If they said anything negative, they would immediately be branded as a bigot, lose their sponsorships, and maybe lose their national team spot.

Once you open up cancel culture on this, and we have, you lose the ability to listen to honest opinions.

If they said anything negative, they would immediately be branded as a bigot, lose their sponsorships, and maybe lose their national team spot.

Once you open up cancel culture on this, and we have, you lose the ability to listen to honest opinions.
Go look up Martina Navratilova's stance. Yes she is long retired, but an ambassador to the sport of tennis.

She sees the obvious issue of letting men play men's sports. Needless to say she in not homophobic.

So she is outspoken. However as you pointed out regarding sponsorships...she won't lose any since she is done and can now freely speak her mind.

I thought the same thing after I made the post.

Back