Galway Downs - Rain or shine?

I have been to some awfully windy games in Lancaster and San Bernardino before, and I thought maybe you were being whiny. Then I found a clip on Youtube of that year. My apologies dude, that was insane! Both of these situations are insane, actually. The pictures posted by Hector tell the story. I get that rescheduling is a nightmare, but come on, Cal South. Give your refs some room to make the right call.
The refs do have the authority. If they thought the conditions merited postponement, they failed to exercise that authority.

Back to the subject of Galway this Sunday. DD played on field 22 at 1:00 pm. While not as bad as fields 1-4, there were a lot of large, standing puddles. At halftime, we noticed that all of the other games were over and everyone else was gone. The referee ended up moving us to the field next to ours which had almost no puddles. One of the AR's near the team bench was heard to say he did not understand why the CR did not call the game before it started. Luckily no one was hurt.

Back to the subject of Galway this Sunday. DD played on field 22 at 1:00 pm. While not as bad as fields 1-4, there were a lot of large, standing puddles. At halftime, we noticed that all of the other games were over and everyone else was gone. The referee ended up moving us to the field next to ours which had almost no puddles. One of the AR's near the team bench was heard to say he did not understand why the CR did not call the game before it started. Luckily no one was hurt.
That's funny, your game got moved to the field that was empty because the game had just gotten cancelled. Wonder why your CR didn't cancel the game like all the other refs did.

That's funny, your game got moved to the field that was empty because the game had just gotten cancelled. Wonder why your CR didn't cancel the game like all the other refs did.
Like I said, at least one of the AR's was wondering that during the game. This evening I was watching some video of the game. I am curious about something. If a team is warming up by taking shots on goal on a field were there is game going on the field immediately behind the goal, how many missed warm up shots that put balls onto the field of the game being played does it take before the the coach decides to use a different warm up? Anyone? Mr. Schofield?

Back