G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

These tiers should be blown up until after State Cup... If we’re going off of 2021 Preseason, it should be 1. SD Surf (legit, beat #2 in nation - Texans) 2. Blues (no one truly knows how good they are yet) 3. Sporting California (old Legends - only losses came to the #1 team in SoCal and 8-0 against the rest) 4. Albion (beat Eagles) 5. Eagles (played 1 tournament since State Cup) 6 - 10 remain to be seen

Blues crushed our 2009 team in indoor. They can be ranked as a top 12 in the 2009 age group. They are the real deal

It’s just proven data and for pre season fun to get the boards flowing with communications etc. The local league should be fun and can’t wait to here about results and please post away.

Speaking of new teams like you mentioned what teams are on the rise? @Carlsbad7
Tech took some grief in the old days bro. I appreciated all he did and we ALL waited for Techs Specs the day before. He sometimes got behind and we would get sort of mad because he was behind because of work load at work and high demands being a father and husband or husband and father. He got better and started to just tell us all it will be sometime in the next few weeks I will have Specs from Tech. He was money bro on getting all the latest trades & moves and who went where and who was even guesting from another club. I believe Tech was offered work at TMZ but turned it down :)

75% of the team has been playing a lot. More games than the previous year without covid. We averaged about 3-4 indoor games a week for the last 8 months, practicing Futsal 8 players from team with Toque. We went to 7 tournaments. But 100% of the team played at the natives tournament a year up vs 2009’s we went 4-0 to win it and gave up 1 goal the whole tournament. 19 goals in favor. We’ve scrimmaged vs top 10 flight 1 2009 teams and beat them. We play as mambas 2010’s, playing up vs boys, plenty of scrimmages too the last few months. Of course mambas 2010’s are not organized or associated with Blues. It’s us parents organizing it. But it’s 75% of the Blues girls with a few guest players.
Amazing!!!

Final score Arsenal 2010 1 Ole 2011 0

https://www.gotsport.com/m/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=79907&Gender=Girls&Age=11

This confirms what I’ve been told. Arsenal has trouble generating offense and they hang in there defensively because of their goalie. Blues or Surf hence any tier 1 team would have lit up any 2011 team 8+ goals
View attachment 10443
Lol I usually just come on here to see the what new and gossip but I saw this post and really had to respond to this one. Coming from someone who was actually at this tournament and watched a couple of the 2010 games Arsenal’s goalie hardly touched the ball. They probably could of had a field player in the goal and would of been fine. Arsenal did seem to struggle on top during both games but even then their goalie hardly saw any action both games. Seems like this source you have really likes the goalie to have said that they only stayed in defensively because of her. And props to Ole’s guest goalie now that for sure is the top 2010 goalie (insta @denae_b24) I’ve seen so far, for sure helped Ole. That’s no diss to Ole’s 2011 team they are a very good team.

I’m not hating on Arsenal in anyway. I do give them credit for being a good team. Arguably a tier 2 team and top 5 in So Cal. But I hope this shows everyone why they should not be considered a Tier 1 team. Tier 1 is for elite level teams only. And Kudos to Ole 2011. Blues 2011 Rennie and Ole 2011 are prob the top 2 2011 teams right now:
I’m not sure what your prior history was with Arsenal was, but anyone who sees this post would probably call you a ‘hater’ ... but yeah, I need to follow this Arsenal teams and the others you mention because I’ve never see any other team get this much press (except for Ole when you were there).

Lol I usually just come on here to see the what new and gossip but I saw this post and really had to respond to this one. Coming from someone who was actually at this tournament and watched a couple of the 2010 games Arsenal’s goalie hardly touched the ball. They probably could of had a field player in the goal and would of been fine. Arsenal did seem to struggle on top during both games but even then their goalie hardly saw any action both games. Seems like this source you have really likes the goalie to have said that they only stayed in defensively because of her. And props to Ole’s guest goalie now that for sure is the top 2010 goalie (insta @denae_b24) I’ve seen so far, for sure helped Ole. That’s no diss to Ole’s 2011 team they are a very good team.
Good point!!! Never heard of a goalie being the sole reason why a defense is good... but I love the rhetoric, it’s very entertaining

Take my comments with a grain of salt. But Arsenal is not a Tier 1 team & that was my simple point. Tier 2 at best. I’ve heard it from a few teams already. They have a really good goalie. Solid defensively but struggle offensively. Never won one of the big tournaments or have beaten Surf (SDSC) , Eagles or Blues, in a major tournament. So no Tier 1 status.
My suggestion Luis is to break the salt rocks into grains before you share. You throwing salt rocks bro.....lol! All kidding aside, we had a few back in the day that threw mud on each other and even a few more things I cant say on here.

1616331448642.png

Time to bring back New Wave Dave again. Mr Wave was one cool surfer.
Is it ok to be two avatars with the same heart? I love Crush but I also really liked New Wave Dave. Maybe go back to NWD this summer and then Crush it in the Fall? Where is @Fact anyways? He didnt like you and let you know early on.

1616333670975.png

Take my comments with a grain of salt. But Arsenal is not a Tier 1 team & that was my simple point. Tier 2 at best. I’ve heard it from a few teams already. They have a really good goalie. Solid defensively but struggle offensively. Never won one of the big tournaments or have beaten Surf (SDSC) , Eagles or Blues, in a major tournament. So no Tier 1 status.
There comes a point where you cant judge a teams tier in this age group based on what they accomplished back in 2017-2018. Lots of these teams had early success because of size and speed which had nothing to do with soccer.

There comes a point where you cant judge a teams tier in this age group based on what they accomplished back in 2017-2018. Lots of these teams had early success because of size and speed which had nothing to do with soccer.
Yes, and sometimes its all just for fun bro and just being competitive with our dd because their is nothing else to do. You know, live through your kids success. It's not because we failed at pro or anything, we just get a thrill watching top tier play. I will say I saw some girls yesterday that were tier 3 back in the day and now are tier 1 and some who were tier 1 are now tier 3 because everyone catches up or some actually slow down.

Is it ok to be two avatars with the same heart? I love Crush but I also really liked New Wave Dave. Maybe go back to NWD this summer and then Crush it in the Fall? Where is @Fact anyways? He didnt like you and let you know early on.

View attachment 10449
Where is @Dontknowsoccer @SoftasPillows at those guys didn’t sugarcoat anything that they had for him #youthsoccerwars
I thought I saw somewhere that Luis signed a contract that he had to be ‘quiet’ when he joined Blues #somebodylied

Looks like a ‘tier 3p’ team in Slammers PA gave the Mighty, Undeniably, All- Word, Las Mambacitas, SoCal Blues all they can handle... wow!! Does anyone have intel on that game??

From earlier @Trojan_mule

Tier 1 - Blues, Surf SD, Eagles
**Won State Cup or Big Tournaments (Surf, Blues Cup, Manachester City etc)

Tier 2 - Arsenal, Albion, Slammers PA

Tier 3 - Field for now and lots of flight 1 teams has the opportunity to rise.

[

It’s called park the bus and play kick ball. The number one strategy versus any top team. Then counter when possible.
Been on both sides on that kind of game. There's nothing wrong with park the bus. Why push 4-6 attackers forward when you know it's coming right back at you?

So you hunker down and send it long to your gazelle(s). What else can you do?

Curious if someone else was at this game and can report. I’m not accusing Luis of not telling like he sees it, but his view is through Blue glasses. I’d like to hear what it looked like through Maroon glasses.
And, anyone who wants to overlook Slammers PA do so at your own risk. Anyone who is following this age group knows they’ve been building for a few years. They are continually improving and I don’t think this result is a fluke.

Back