G2010...How is the 2021 season going?

Laguna was a flight 2, the other played flight 1 last season.

I understand Laguna was flight 2 and Liverpool FC IA (OC Galaxy) flight 1 last year but tier rankings are bases on tournaments and wins based on proven results etc. Tiers of teams was established instead of rankings etc. Previous tier teams was on previous threads.

Tier 1 - Blues, Surf SD, Eagles
**Won State Cup or Big Tournaments (Surf, Blues Cup, Manachester City etc)

Tier 2 - Arsenal, Albion, Slammers PA

Tier 3 - Field for now and lots of flight 1 teams has the opportunity to rise.

**Arsenal only non tier 1 team to beat Blues twice last season in league play
**Eagles is tier 1 only based on previous results but have to continue to win big tournament to be tier 1. Last big tournament big win was Manchester City 2018
**Blues - 2 time State Cup Champs and many other Champions
Surf SD - Surf Cup 2020 and Albion Cup2021 Champs and picked up lots of SDSC kids
Albion - Finalist at state cup 2020 but will need to continue to win against top tier opponents

Note: Any tier can beat each other any given day but can they do it consistently and on a big stage.

Here are 2019/2020/2021Tournaments results

Manchester City
Champions -Blues
Finalist-SDSC
**eagles lost to SDSC in semi

Albion
Champions- SDSC
Finalist - Albion
**Blues lost to Albion in semi

Surf Cup
Champions-MVLA
Finalists- Blues
**Eagles lost in Semi to MVLA
**SDSC lost to Eagles in pool play

Blues Cup
Champions-SDSC
Finalist- Blues
Eagles lost to Blues in Semi

State Cup
Champions - Blues
Finalist - Albion
Eagles lost Surf and SDSC lost Legends in Qtr Finals

Surf Cup 2020
Champions - Surf
Finalist- Dallas Texans

Albion Cup 2021
Champions - Surf
Finalist - Arsenal

I understand Laguna was flight 2 and Liverpool FC IA (OC Galaxy) flight 1 last year but tier rankings are bases on tournaments and wins based on proven results etc. Tiers of teams was established instead of rankings etc. Previous tier teams was on previous threads.

**Eagles is tier 1 only based on previous results but have to continue to win big tournament to be tier 1. Last big tournament big win was Manchester City 2018
Surf SD - Surf Cup 2020 and Albion Cup2021 Champs and picked up lots of SDSC kids
Albion - Finalist at state cup 2020 but will need to continue to win against top tier opponents

Note: Any tier can beat each other any given day but can they do it consistently and on a big stage.

Manchester City
Champions -Blues
Finalist-SDSC

Albion
Champions- SDSC
Finalist - Albion

Surf Cup
Champions-MVLA
Finalists- Blues

Blues Cup
Champions-SDSC
Finalist- Blues

State Cup
Champions - Blues
Finalist - Albion

Surf Cup 2020
Champions - Surf
Finalist- Dallas Texans

Albion Cup 2021
Champions - Surf
Finalist - Arsenal
That makes sense, thanks for clarifying. I know some teams don’t go to all/any of the tournaments, so they wouldn’t be ranked, but I guess that’s pretty much all there is to go off of.

Manchester City
Champions -Blues
Finalist-SDSC

Albion
Champions- SDSC
Finalist - Albion

Surf Cup
Champions-MVLA
Finalists- Blues

Blues Cup
Champions-SDSC
Finalist- Blues

State Cup
Champions - Blues
Finalist - Albion

Surf Cup 2020
Champions - Surf
Finalist- Dallas Texans

Albion Cup 2021
Champions - Surf
Finalist - Arsenal
Looks like teams are still giving the Eagles the benefit of the doubt, which I don’t blame, they were a good team last year. It looks like according to the metrics that were put up by a select few, that Arsenal isn’t a top tier team ... and Slammers PA or even my favorite team (Crowley) isn’t even mentioned as a tier 2 team... that’s why I love to see the games play out. Btw, 2019 seem so long ago, can we fast forward to 2021 tournaments already ?

Where does Clovis fit in?

They went 4-0 at Albion. Was that a strong performance or a weak bracket?

(some has to advocate for the norcal teams)

Where does Clovis fit in?

They went 4-0 at Albion. Was that a strong performance or a weak bracket?

(some has to advocate for the norcal teams)

Crossfire is a premiere club in the central valley. Most top players eventually make their way there from the surrounding area.

Crossfire is a premiere club in the central valley. Most top players eventually make their way there from the surrounding area.
I know. They were second in state cup last year. Beat a lot of good teams up here.

That's why I wondered how they stack up against socal teams this year.

Tier 1 - Blues, Surf SD

Tier 2 - ???

Surf Cup 2020
Champions - Surf
Finalist- Dallas Texans

Albion Cup 2021
Champions - Surf
Finalist - Arsenal
You really need to stop posting 2019 + most of 2020 results. So many things have changed (No more DA, ECNL, SCDSL), new players have come on the scene, and multiple players have jumped clubs. For me the only constant has been Surf (and I don't really like them).

Spring SCDSL is going to weed things out fairly quickly. In SD there's several new teams that will be played in the "local league". Fall SCDSL + Summer Tournaments will show who is who is Top Tier.

You really need to stop posting 2019 + most of 2020 results. So many things have changed (No more DA, ECNL, SCDSL), new players have come on the scene, and multiple players have jumped clubs. For me the only constant has been Surf (and I don't really like them).

Spring SCDSL is going to weed things out fairly quickly. In SD there's several new teams that will be played in the "local league". Fall SCDSL + Summer Tournaments will show who is who is Top Tier.

It’s just proven data and for pre season fun to get the boards flowing with communications etc. The local league should be fun and can’t wait to here about results and please post away.

Speaking of new teams like you mentioned what teams are on the rise? @Carlsbad7

It’s just proven data and for pre season fun to get the boards flowing with communications etc. The local league should be fun and can’t wait to here about results and please post away.

Speaking of new teams like you mentioned what teams are on the rise? @Carlsbad7
In SD Top Tier G2010 SCDSL wildcard is East County Surf. Most likely they'll get blown out but I give it to them for stepping up and going head to head with the best. Sharks + Breakers are in Tier 2. Sandbagging for wins? CitySC has chosen to not participate in SCDSL spring league all ages/levels so who knows what they bring. Albion lost a top player to Surf.

Regarding new teams on the rise? Who knows, Surf B got blown out by City B 5-1 last Saturday. Rumors are that several parents from multiple teams are sniffing around Sharks since only Surf and Sharks are ECNL in North County SD.

Personal note, SCDSL is going to be awesome for SD. Mixing in a couple of LA teams at the top level league sets a standard of top level play for all of Socal.

In SD Top Tier G2010 SCDSL wildcard is East County Surf. Most likely they'll get blown out but I give it to them for stepping up and going head to head with the best. Sharks + Breakers are in Tier 2. Sandbagging for wins? CitySC has chosen to not participate in SCDSL spring league all ages/levels so who knows what they bring. Albion lost a top player to Surf.

Regarding new teams on the rise? Who knows, Surf B got blown out by City B 5-1 last Saturday. Rumors are that several parents from multiple teams are sniffing around Sharks since only Surf and Sharks are ECNL in North County SD.

Personal note, SCDSL is going to be awesome for SD. Mixing in a couple of LA teams at the top level league sets a standard of top level play for all of Socal.

Credit to east county surf and other teams playing in flight 1 this year. Time will tell who is ready to be a true top tier team and the rest will fill their tier level naturally.

Makes sense why people leave in hope for better opportunity.

SCDSL should be a fun sample size in spring leading up to a fall season.

When does the new local league start and what teams are in it? @Carlsbad7

75% of the team has been playing a lot. More games than the previous year without covid. We averaged about 3-4 indoor games a week for the last 8 months, practicing Futsal 8 players from team with Toque. We went to 7 tournaments. But 100% of the team played at the natives tournament a year up vs 2009’s we went 4-0 to win it and gave up 1 goal the whole tournament. 19 goals in favor. We’ve scrimmaged vs top 10 flight 1 2009 teams and beat them. We play as mambas 2010’s, playing up vs boys, plenty of scrimmages too the last few months. Of course mambas 2010’s are not organized or associated with Blues. It’s us parents organizing it. But it’s 75% of the Blues girls with a few guest players.
I think any reasonable objective fan would say that’s not enough to go on. Especially if this team hasn’t gone on the pitch against legit flight 1 2010 teams... SD Surf on the other hand has gone through a true tournament schedule... it’s hard to determine how good a ‘team’ is during an official 9v9 game within age group and same flight especially if the team is playing indoor and Futsal. I’m sure the Blues ‘got the best talent’ but do they have the best team? I think Spring League will tell us more... the bigger question is ‘How will this team do with out the Gaffer?’ They can be beat (Legends did it twice last year in league), but can they be beat in a State Cup Tournament?#NumberOneUntilSomeoneKnocksThemOutOfStateCup

When referring to flight 1 teams, they can be broken down into 3 tiers. Imo this is how it is this current year. League and the up and coming state cup should speak for themselves.

Tier 1 Blues 2010 Rogers & Surf Select
Tier 2 Arsenal, Albion, Eagles
Tier 3 all the other flight 1 teams.

These tiers should be blown up until after State Cup... If we’re going off of 2021 Preseason, it should be 1. SD Surf (legit, beat #2 in nation - Texans) 2. Blues (no one truly knows how good they are yet) 3. Sporting California (old Legends - only losses came to the #1 team in SoCal and 8-0 against the rest) 4. Albion (beat Eagles) 5. Eagles (played 1 tournament since State Cup) 6 - 10 remain to be seen

Back