ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

Grammar, Spicoli. G-R-A-M-M-A-R. And no... I can't recommend anyone for you. If I could, I would have. I'd be willing to bet you could do a sufficient job yourself if you logged off this for 2 hours. I do know, however, there are other threads here that talk about making a video and who people use for that and/or what type of recording device is best. Fair?
Fair

We did have infection rate predictions. Half of California is supposed to be infected. You even said 7 million would die. But I agree with you that IMHE resource numbers are better, they continue to lower their prediction. As for Hospital usage forecaster, that's taking into consideration how many people they expect will be infected and hospitalized. (which means infection rate prediction included).

Is this post from the same MSK who claimed that swine flu is far worse than corona?

estimates of deaths from an *uncontrolled* outbreak;

7 million (me)
2.2 million (Imperial College, London)
1.5 to 2.2 million (CDC).
far less than 12,000. (MSK)

whose estimate is out of line here? mine is off by a factor of 3. yours is off by a factor of 100 to 1000.

The main difference is that the London estimate did not try to factor in resource shortages. places with a resource shortage (Wuhan) had a death rate of 3.4%. Places without resource shortages (Korea) had a death rate closer to 0.9%.

Is this post from the same MSK who claimed that swine flu is far worse than corona?

7 million (me)

whose estimate is out of line here? mine is off by a factor of 3. yours is off by a factor of 100 to 1000.

The main difference is that the London estimate did not try to factor in resource shortages. places with a resource shortage (Wuhan) had a death rate of 3.4%. Places without resource shortages (Korea) had a death rate closer to 0.9%.

South Korea had a warning from what was happening in China, had an aggressive public health program that back-traced the sick using technology (cell phone records), and had a population compliant with the government's program.

South Korea had a warning from what was happening in China, had an aggressive public health program that back-traced the sick using technology (cell phone records), and had a population compliant with the government's program.
I don’t know how to distinguish the resource shortage effect from the early diagnosis effect. Both are important, and they have been so tightly correlated it’s hard to find a place with one effect but not the other.

(put another way, if you are running out of hospital beds, you probably aren’t doing South Korea style contact tracing either.)

Strong rumors circulating both boys and girls DA will be dissolved going forward. Annoucment to come middle of next week.

Have any of you heard this? Trying to gauge how real this is

I have no idea if it is true or not. Have not heard the rumor. But, IF it is true, they can use the pandemic as an excuse to save face.

Strong rumors circulating both boys and girls DA will be dissolved going forward. Annoucment to come middle of next week.

Have any of you heard this? Trying to gauge how real this is
I've been hearing rumors for a while. Where are you hearing the rumors from? I heard a rumor that there have been some meetings taking place with the higher ups. I will check with my sources. Leaking is going on that's for sure. Anyone with some good intel on these big rumors? Age change too? A round and a round we go......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, so fun with all these changes!!!

I have no idea if it is true or not. Have not heard the rumor. But, IF it is true, they can use the pandemic as an excuse to save face.

Good opportunity indeed. The boys DA program has utterly failed to meet the objectives it stated at its founding, such as to enhance USA player development within 10 years, and along the way has made enemies of all the pre-existing centers of development (local clubs, ODP, high school, college). The women's side has done just fine without any DA-style interference.

7 million (me)

Look chicken little, you're trying to hijack another post. the fact is you said 7 million people would die. New "expert" predictions say its going to be 60,000 now. lets see how far that continues to fall. So far 12,000 is much closer to 60,000 than 7 million or even 1.5 million. And we were on Stay at Home orders when you made that 7 million prediction. Lets not forgot that for some reason we are counting coronavirus deaths for people that died from a different primary reason. Even people that died that haven't been tested but show signs of coronavirus are counted as a coronavirus death. Very misleading.

Look chicken little, you're trying to hijack another post. the fact is you said 7 million people would die. New "expert" predictions say its going to be 60,000 now. lets see how far that continues to fall. So far 12,000 is much closer to 60,000 than 7 million or even 1.5 million. And we were on Stay at Home orders when you made that 7 million prediction. Lets not forgot that for some reason we are counting coronavirus deaths for people that died from a different primary reason. Even people that died that haven't been tested but show signs of coronavirus are counted as a coronavirus death. Very misleading.

Please continue, weasel.

If (and it’s a very big if) the GDA comes to an end, which of the So Cal clubs do you think the ECNL picks up?

101 ECNL clubs nationwide (counting the announced GDA defections for next year) and 46 GDA clubs. What would the ECNL take, 20 GDA clubs?

Back