ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

Question? Do think clubs are asking for money? Should parents ask for some type of refund given there's no games or practices being held? Paying for fields are expensive no?
Our club is shut down. Parents are not paying for April. No coaches are being paid. The club did send a comprehensive plan for fitness and skill development for kids to do on their own. One DD’s coach is running a weekly hour long virtual footskills session (2 teams together) to stay connected. Other DD’s coach has done one zoom meeting just to let the girls talk.
I don’t know the financial details but my guess is the only cost to the club right now is indoor training space/office lease and minimal utilities.

Question? Do think clubs are asking for money? Should parents ask for some type of refund given there's no games or practices being held? Paying for fields are expensive no?
Most folks deserve a refund imo. Mark Cuban said to let the businesses and consumers bounds checks with the banks and then the Govt can handle the rest. Great paper trail too. Keep working. I go see my friend at his condo place and you can;t park. Everyone is home. I actually like the idea and feels so good to just bounce a check and it's ok. Lets also give everybody a fresh start on their Fico score. 800 for all after this is over :) Another crappy way to judge people. They put you this system and tell you good luck. I don;t get to print money when I run out BTW...

I mean next season. This season is over. I said 2020-2021?

I even think 2020-2021 season will be shorten. Thats my guess. Think about it and lets say the virus curve flattens by June, its going to take another 2/3 months for its down to a reasonable number. Now we are into the fall season with the virus coming back. They will extend some type of guide lines for clubs not to start practice or only practice in small groups. Its November now with and winter showcase in just around the corner. No club will have team/parents will be flying to ECNL or GDA showcases.

I even think 2020-2021 season will be shorten. Thats my guess. Think about it and lets say the virus curve flattens by June, its going to take another 2/3 months for its down to a reasonable number. Now we are into the fall season with the virus coming back. They will extend some type of guide lines for clubs not to start practice or only practice in small groups. Its November now with and winter showcase in just around the corner. No club will have team/parents will be flying to ECNL or GDA showcases.
Sounds good to me too. Pick up some travel ball next year when the top teams in each city proves themselves in the fall.

Monday Updates
I feel very strongly that we will all be out of our houses. I won;t say when. We will also be playing local soccer games by the fall and have social distance training going on outside for the goats, risk takers, top players and all the others ready start living life by August. July 4th shall be another great day in this country of all of ours. BTW, not one person played an April Fools joke on me or my family this year. First time ever. No time for jokes!! 40% will most likely stay home still with their online training and develop that way because of health risk and fears. No judgement from me at all. My wife had asthma when she was young and she has to be careful. At this time, talks have been going on behind closed doors. It's my understanding (hope) that folks are really trying to do right this time. Non of us are perfect and we ALL have been a little selfish from time to time in club soccer. No more league bashing from this dad anymore. The things I found out recently makes me just be grateful for breath. It was a war with zero winners. I'm actually grateful that we have two leagues to choose from as of today. No news is good news someone once said. Stay safe & dry for those is Socal. If you haven;t watched the Doc about Soccer Town USA, you should. Amazing!!!

Hard to predict when start up will commence but if this trends continue its showing a June 1 “Go” at the latest. Germany just announced 4/19 is their “Go” date

Hard to predict when start up will commence but if this trends continue its showing a June 1 “Go” at the latest. Germany just announced 4/19 is their “Go” date
The last IHME update helps a lot: it shows a peak much sooner for the places with early social distancing.

But remember that IMHE is a hospital usage forecaster, not an infection rate forecaster. The new numbers reflect in part a change to the hospitalization assumptions. They are assuming fewer hospital days per patient, and a smaller fractions of patients needing hospital at all. This makes the IMHE resource numbers better, but that is different from an infection rate prediction. I don’t have data for infection rate predictions.

If they do go with an early restart, we need to find ways to do lower density events during the summer and fall. It is one thing to have 30 people get together at a middle school. Much less risky than 5,000 or more at the sports complex.

"The Game of Bribes"

I've never seen a sport so full of bribes. Some use other terms like, "Favors" "Loyalty" "Kickbacks" "scratch my back and I will scratch yours" "pay to play" and so on and so on and so on!! This sport we call soccer plays Kickball 90% of the time and it comes with Kickbacks too. It all starts up at the top and works its way all the way down to us. A little yeast makes the "bread" rise to the top, not the "cream." This sport makes money bread :)

U.S. authorities: FIFA executives were bribed to vote for winning Qatar and Russia World Cup bids

I bet we all have stories. I am so glad my dd only has a couple of years left. 15 years of dealing with Club soccer with my kids. Old age, injuries and this Pandemic will hopefully get me through these next couple of years and I can enjoy watching soccer again and let the Club politics slide. Can't wait to get back on the sidelines again.

The last IHME update helps a lot: it shows a peak much sooner for the places with early social distancing.

But remember that IMHE is a hospital usage forecaster, not an infection rate forecaster. The new numbers reflect in part a change to the hospitalization assumptions. They are assuming fewer hospital days per patient, and a smaller fractions of patients needing hospital at all. This makes the IMHE resource numbers better, but that is different from an infection rate prediction. I don’t have data for infection rate predictions.

If they do go with an early restart, we need to find ways to do lower density events during the summer and fall. It is one thing to have 30 people get together at a middle school. Much less risky than 5,000 or more at the sports complex.
We did have infection rate predictions. Half of California is supposed to be infected. You even said 7 million would die. But I agree with you that IMHE resource numbers are better, they continue to lower their prediction. As for Hospital usage forecaster, that's taking into consideration how many people they expect will be infected and hospitalized. (which means infection rate prediction included).

I bet we all have stories. I am so glad my dd only has a couple of years left. 15 years of dealing with Club soccer with my kids. Old age, injuries and this Pandemic will hopefully get me through these next couple of years and I can enjoy watching soccer again and let the Club politics slide. Can't wait to get back on the sidelines again.
I went back to some old emails from Docs from 2013 when my dd was u10. My gosh, I was so blind to what was happening before me eyes and hears. I was warned by one of the most honest and down right truthful coaches in America about recruiting games. He told me it would get worse. Well, six years laters, it was 100% worse and some. I spoke to this same coach a few months ago and asked him if this is what he meant when he said, "It gets worse, just wait" He told me this is "way, way worse then he thought and could never had predicted this behavior from some" and actually said sorry in a very respectful way. I also said sorry. Wow, the last three years of club been a wild roller coaster ride that I can;t wait to get off. One more year of club and 4 for college and then the pros maybe....lol. I believe soccer and bribes will start to go away in the future is my guess. More games live streamed. College recruiting will be a blast for 2022s not signed yet. Now a video highlight real is in order. I'm getting all my dd videos organized. Anyone on here know someone good with splicing and dicing videos? Want to make some extra $$$. PM me, thanks

I went back to some old emails from Docs from 2013 when my dd was u10. My gosh, I was so blind to what was happening before me eyes and hears. I was warned by one of the most honest and down right truthful coaches in America about recruiting games. He told me it would get worse. Well, six years laters, it was 100% worse and some. I spoke to this same coach a few months ago and asked him if this is what he meant when he said, "It gets worse, just wait" He told me this is "way, way worse then he thought and could never had predicted this behavior from some" and actually said sorry in a very respectful way. I also said sorry. Wow, the last three years of club been a wild roller coaster ride that I can;t wait to get off. One more year of club and 4 for college and then the pros maybe....lol. I believe soccer and bribes will start to go away in the future is my guess. More games live streamed. College recruiting will be a blast for 2022s not signed yet. Now a video highlight real is in order. I'm getting all my dd videos organized. Anyone on here know someone good with splicing and dicing videos? Want to make some extra $$$. PM me, thanks

Could you PLEASE quit whining about your blindness when your daughter was 10? Please? Do you think there is anyone here that hasn't heard you 50 times already? People that aren't even on this forum are tired of hearing it.

Could you PLEASE quit whining about your blindness when your daughter was 10? Please? Do you think there is anyone here that hasn't heard you 50 times already? People that aren't even on this forum are tired of hearing it.
Lester, I was only talking to my pal in the Mile hi state. That was not for you or anyone else. You can read it though. Peace brah!!!

Think about all you wine about two. It goes both ways Lester :)

We did have infection rate predictions. Half of California is supposed to be infected. You even said 7 million would die. But I agree with you that IMHE resource numbers are better, they continue to lower their prediction. As for Hospital usage forecaster, that's taking into consideration how many people they expect will be infected and hospitalized. (which means infection rate prediction included).

Aren't you supposed to be gone by now?

I agree. We all have our own personal stories. Stories we talk about with our closest friends or people we trust, not on a public forum. Of course we all need to vent from time to time and we are all very protective of our dd’s, yet we don’t repeatedly complain. No one wants to hear constant negativity. I am sure everyone has stories about their dd’s being mistreated or lied to or not given the same opportunities as the other girl. But that happens in all sports with so many coaches. It’s called competition and teaches our dd’s how to fight through the tough times and teaches us, as parents, how to guide them thru it all. Unless your dd is being verbally or physically abused, it’s all part of competitive sports. As parents we make some difficult decisions especially when our dds are young. Right or wrong, we move on and try to choose the best fit for our kids. When the soccer ends, I promise that you will wish for it back.

I was just talking with a good friend of mine, our dds started out together in club when they were 7. We laughed about how ridiculous our worries were back then. Now we just miss watching our dds play and the families we have met along the way. It’s not all about going pro or making the YNT. There’s much more to soccer than chasing “the dream”. If you’re not enjoying the ride, you are missing what’s most important in this journey. Focusing on all the negative stuff is just plain dumb.

"But that happens in all sports with so many coaches. It’s called competition and teaches our dd’s how to fight through the tough times and teaches us, as parents, how to guide them thru it all. Unless your dd is being verbally or physically abused, it’s all part of competitive sports" Bribes and lies are was just a part of the games in the past and those days are over.
No more of that crap gonna happen. I'm so glad, I can't wait. Lester and Sandy, I will not share anymore about the past. So sorry. I will focus on the future and all the positives. Thanks for correcting my writes. I can;t wait for next season btw. Maybe a little showcase in June for all the ECNL teams and all the college coaches can come watch. 2022s, it's time to shine. Put all that excellent coaching to use and stop making excuses.

Think about all you wine about two. It goes both ways Lester :)

No, TunaHelper, it doesn't. You're here 24/7 and on every single thread... whining about how oblivious you were when your kid was 10. All fucking day and every fucking day. There isn't a person that's ever bought a black and white ball that hasn't heard your story 1000 times. Enough already. You and your 9 profiles need to let it go and move on to the present.

No, TunaHelper, it doesn't. You're here 24/7 and on every single thread... whining about how oblivious you were when your kid was 10. All fucking day and every fucking day. There isn't a person that's ever bought a black and white ball that hasn't heard your story 1000 times. Enough already. You and your 9 profiles need to let it go and move on to the present.
ok. Can you or Sandy recommend a good video company to make high light of dd games from the last year or so? Also, if you stop making fun of me and stop correcting my gramer, I will promise not to talk about how we left mid season one season long ago and pissed off a club. Fair? If I get out of line, then you and Sandy can online slap me. Fair?

ok. Can you or Sandy recommend a good video company to make high light of dd games from the last year or so? Also, if you stop making fun of me and stop correcting my gramer, I will promise not to talk about how we left mid season one season long ago and pissed off a club. Fair? If I get out of line, then you and Sandy can online slap me. Fair?

Grammar, Spicoli. G-R-A-M-M-A-R. And no... I can't recommend anyone for you. If I could, I would have. I'd be willing to bet you could do a sufficient job yourself if you logged off this for 2 hours. I do know, however, there are other threads here that talk about making a video and who people use for that and/or what type of recording device is best. Fair?

Back